First sacred cow: "If the trend started, it will continue" - page 39

2 Mathemat "three concepts: "trend", "started", "continued". How do you understand them in the context of this thread?"

It should be said right away that there are no exact definitions of "trend started", "trend ended", etc. -no, just like there are no

there are no definitions of "tall man", "average man", but there's a range of meanings

that belong to the concept to some extent, so we're talking about fuzzy

sets.

Gun >>:

Да согласен какая то соль есть в этом, почитал их посты, чувствуется что люди реально что то смыслят в этом!

I don't think the banquet will continue in this direction. The guys probably regretted sharing anyway, as it is usually a thankless task...

Mathemat >>:

Ну все, буря, надеюсь, миновала. Теперь, надеюсь, можно и к теме ветки вернуться, т.е. к тому, о чем более-менее без отклонений говорили с самого начала?

ChachaGames и Magnatis, рекомендую вам перейти на общение через личку, т.к. то, что вы выдали здесь за последние пару суток, - офтопик для темы.

Еще раз напоминаю, но очень кратко:

Выделенное синим - именно то, на что жду ответы. Вопрос кажется настолько простым и банальным, что, похоже, ясных ответов на него не дождешься :)

I would have replied, MA rules, but you asked not to fall to that level :)

P.S.

There is one good rule of thumb:

KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid)

P.P.S.

It's nothing personal you're a smartass! in my opinion.

TheVilkas >>:

2 Mathemat "три понятия: "тренд", "начался", "продолжился". Как вы их понимаете в контексте темы ветки?"

Сразу следует сказать, точных определений "тренд начался","тренд закончился" и т.д. -нет, как нет

точных определений "высокий человек","средний человек", а есть некий интервал значений,

которые принадлежат понятию в той или иной мере таким образом речь идет о нечетких

множествах.

Ha! I'm tired of asking these questions when they start discussing trends. A few years ago, on one of the forums I did a little experiment - I asked a question about what a trend is. The answers were all different, but most of them floated like a two-bit student at a blackboard. The answers were unformalizable - for sure! )))

Realistically, before discussing the phases of a phenomenon, one must first agree on what that phenomenon means. In this particular case, a trend.

We may then say that such and such a pattern, or a sequence, or a state expressed through something, is the beginning of what is defined as a trend. It's the same with the end. Whether or not consolidation zones are accepted as part of the trend... Temporal or impulse phase splitting.... etc., etc... There are different models.

But otherwise... I agree - a lot of bullshit. That's why I don't participate.

Svinozavr писал(а) >>

Ha! I get tired of asking these questions when they start discussing trends. A few years ago, on one of the forums, I did a little experiment - I asked what a trend was. The answers were all different, but most of them were floating like a two-bit student at a blackboard. The answers were unformalizable - that's for sure! )))

Indeed, before discussing the phases of a phenomenon, we should first agree on what this phenomenon means. In the particular case - a trend.

Then it is possible to say that such and such a pattern, or a sequence, or a condition expressed through something, is the beginning of what is defined as a trend. It is the same with the end. Whether or not consolidation zones are accepted as part of the trend... Temporal or impulse phase splitting.... etc., etc... There are different patterns.

But otherwise... I agree, it's a lot of bullshit. That's why I don't participate.

Then first of all we should agree on the terms: trend, flat.

1.A trend is a tendency of development, when the average angular coefficient (slope) of the curve is significant. (slope) of the curve is not significantly equal to zero;

2.Flat - absence of a trend, i.e. the angular coeff (slope) of the curve is zero;

Mathemat >>:

Еще раз напоминаю, но очень кратко:

Итак, три понятия: "тренд", "начался", "продолжился". Как вы их понимаете в контексте темы ветки?

Выделенное синим - именно то, на что жду ответы. Вопрос кажется настолько простым и банальным, что, похоже, ясных ответов на него не дождешься :)

I will try to outline my approach.

My understanding is that the market can be divided into three areas - trend, flat and "saw", i.e. an expanding formation.

A flat is when we have a horizontal linear regression channel of a certain length and height of no more than a certain number of points. This approach is narrow, but strictly formal, i.e. there is no ambiguity. Areas outside the channel are "saw" + trend. Now we only need to distinguish the "saw" and the classification is ready.

TheVilkas >>:

Тогда, для начала следует договориться о терминах:тренд,флет.

1.Тренд - тенденция развития, при которой средний угловой коэфф. (наклон) кривой значимо не равен нулю;

2.Флет-отсутствие тренда, то есть угловой коефф.(наклон) кривой равен нулю;

Agree, but without me - it's been said a hundred times in this forum. What's a hundred and one?

And your definition requires a definition of the concepts within it. In turn. Which, of course, is not impossible.

But in any case it is only one of definitions (ways of formalization) of a trend. Which, moreover, is still a long way off from formalization. To be more exact, it can be formalized (having defined definitions)), but what you will see as a result of operation of, for example, an indicator by such logic, will seem unacceptable to you personally.

TheVilkas >>:

Сразу следует сказать, точных определений "тренд начался","тренд закончился" и т.д. -нет, как нет

точных определений "высокий человек","средний человек", а есть некий интервал значений,

которые принадлежат понятию в той или иной мере таким образом речь идет о нечетких

множествах.

OK, let them be fuzzy, I understand. When you concretise these concepts to the level of wizards, stochs, etc., it's no longer an understanding, but a reduction to something formalizable. Before that, you must have some concept of these concepts formed in your head. This concept is the guiding and directing force (before Perestroika it was the Communist Party, if you remember), of which you never forget in your further search.

Well it is like with bees - first the plan and then the implementation in the hive. It's the same with humans.

This is the concept that interests me.

Alexei! Back to the subject.

Continue what??? Each successive bar closes higher (lower) than the previous one? Position of consolidation zones? Extremes? Extremums in the direction (resistance) or opposition (support) of the trend?

What? What are we talking about here?

WHAT, in fact, has started?

It's like describing a glass to someone or, God forbid,
a shot glass: all you do is wiggle your fingers and cough out of sheer helplessness. All right, well,
we'll assume you all get it, and if you don't,...

(c) Sidewalk Picnic. A. and B. Strugatsky