how to unload the dll - page 3

AlexEro >> :

You are an odd one. There is even a dllcache directory in the Windows\system32 directory, all the sysadmins in the world unload all dlls using regsvr32, and you are telling fables to people here. Who are you counting on? We ain't no suckers here.

Read documentation carefully, and don't make up your own nonsense. Dll is not cached, dll is displayed - and there is a huge difference in the mechanism itself.

HideYourRichess >> :

Read documentation carefully and don't make up your own stuff. Dll is not cached, dll is mapped - and there is a huge difference in the mechanism itself.

Stop talking nonsense. The process of your "mapping" (not loading, which is another matter) is caching in a sophisticated way. If even Microsoft itself calls it CACHING, then why should the rest of us make life harder for ourselves? And then, what kind of document can you tell me if you do not know the names of Windows directories?

(My sysadmin experience = 20 years, including a senior sysadmin in a world top-100 company, Solom** with Russ*** I have read up and down. Tell me uncle hacker, what other doc I haven't read?)

AlexEro >> :

Stop talking nonsense. The process of your "mapping" (not loading, which of course is a different matter) is the complicated caching. If even Microsoft itself calls it CACHING, then why should the rest of us complicate our lives? >> which dokument can you point out to me if you don't know the names of Windows directories?

(My sysadmin experience = 20 years, including a senior sysadmin in a world top-100 company, Solom** with Russ*** I have read up and down. Tell me uncle hacker, what other doc I haven't read)

Then you are not a good administrator. You don't need to read the directory names, read the Windows documentation and there will be no mystery. The dll is not cached, the dll is projected onto the process address space. Projecting, is not the same as caching. Especially if you consider the local data area of the dll.

AlexEro писал(а) >>

(My sysadmin experience = 20 years, including a senior sysadmin in a world top-100 company, Solom** with Russ*** I have read up and down. Tell me uncle hacker, what other doc I haven't read)

You're a lousy administrator.

1. regsvr32 /u command to unregister a registered dll. It has nothing to do with unloading the dll.

2. The dllcache folder is used by Windows File Protection (WFP). Its main and only purpose is to ensure integrity of system files. In a nutshell, WFP stores a copy of each protected file in the dllcache directory and uses that copy to restore the file if someone tries to replace or modify the protected file.

HideYourRichess wrote (a) >>

The MT4 developers did a very good job not giving users the Load\FreeLibrary mechanism. Very right. It's all about the level of traders' programming culture.

So yeah, I'm starting to understand why MQL has such a reduced functionality. Otherwise 90% of the forum would be like this:

"terminal glitch!!!! terrible crash, dump attached".

TheXpert >> :

Yes, I'm beginning to understand why MQLs have such limited functionality. Otherwise 90% of the forum would be like this:

"terminal glitch!!!! terrible crash, dump attached"

Nothing! Unicode strings and classes in MQL5 - this is what will soon replace the discussion of tester reports on the forum. Already now there are some suspicious people wandering around the forum with complaints about the as yet unreleased product.

TheXpert >> :

You're a lousy administrator.

1. regsvr32 /u command to unregister a registered dll. It has nothing to do with dll unloading.

2. The dllcache folder is used by Windows File Protection (WFP). Its main and only purpose is to ensure the integrity of system files. In a nutshell, WFP stores a copy of each protected file in the dllcache directory and uses that copy to restore the file if someone tries to replace or modify the protected file.

So yeah, I'm starting to understand why MQL has such a reduced functionality. Otherwise 90% of the forum would be like this:

"terminal glitch!!!! terrible crash, dump attached"

You're weird too........

AlexEro >> :

You're a weirdo, too........

Argue. I am always willing to change my mind.

TheXpert >> :

Argue. I am always willing to change my mind.

What's the point? >> Why would I want to do that?

AlexEro >> :

What's the point? >> what's in it for me?

To prove my competence. If you don't want to do it, don't do it. But then don't expect anyone to take your opinion into account.

If you have to write the attach/detach section carefully, you will be very happy and you will see the sky in diamonds. And for those who have a hand in the ass, sorry, it's not nature's way.