Video courses on programming in MQL4. - page 2

There are already some developments here

http://forum.alpari.ru/thread43396.html

It's better to see once than hear a hundred times! :)))

HIDDEN писал(а) >>

The code is huge and you have to figure out what's wrong with it.

:)

And video, of course, is necessary. But I can hardly imagine how it can all be implemented - scrolling listing :) ?

What a great idea!!!
In addition to the courses, you could organise a branch similar to Write and Make Money in MQL5, only with video tutorials.

I've made two video courses on MQL4 for people and the results are quite good.
You can't explain all the nuances completely, of course, but you can give a very good starting point.

Roger:

There are already some developments here

https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://forum.alpari.ru/thread43396.html

Hello. I am interested in MQL4. I have not understood what should I download via link, mirror or video? I downloaded a mirror, the rest is not downloaded. I have not understood anything without any comments or comments, I still do not understand how to make it.

HIDDEN:

Hello to all those interested.

A lot of people write to me, no, not so many people write to me, asking for help with this or that code.

I help some people but not others because I get a huge code and try to figure out what is wrong there.

I have the idea of creating a video course on programming MQL4 Expert Advisors, scripts and indicators. Is there a need in this matter?

It would be interesting to hear the opinions, suggestions and, in general, everything about this subject.

It is a very good idea, I support it. ))

HIDDEN:

Hello to all those interested.

A lot of people write to me, no, not so many people write to me, asking for help with this or that code.

I help some people but not others, because I get a huge code and try to figure out what is wrong there.

I have the idea of creating a video course on programming MQL4 Expert Advisors, scripts and indicators. Is there a need in this matter?

I want to hear the opinions, suggestions, or anything else concerning this subject.

Good day. Strongly interested in video on MQL4 maybe the only way to understand how to do it. Reading the book and the help does not do anything...

Teach programming from videos?!!! You must have watched too many TV commercials :))))

To learn how to program, you must first (IMHO, of course) learn to read the documentation!

Funny guy on the screen will say a catchphrase like "but since MQL obviously doesn't support this and that, we'll just do this and that" and in 3 seconds he will make some two clicks and everything will work. And the beginner, who knows nothing about neither the first nor the second part of his phrase? .... You won't understand a thing, and you won't be able to ask the "teacher" again, the best way will be to stupefy and listen to the repeated incomprehensible phrase :)))

The second point: the cost of creating a video is much higher than that of creating a sensible documentation or a textbook (perhaps even interactive). A simple example, with the same phrase: the course creator understood that this phrase needs to be explained in more detail ... so what does he do? (On the other hand, with documentation - no problem (the example of MQL5 help is a good proof of that) - add some text, remove unnecessary "water", place the Learn More button where needed, and ......

Another thing: the "teacher" has been babbling on for half an hour about things known to me for a long time, but somewhere, "in the back of the course", judging by the title, there is that thing for which it was created and for which I am watching it. Somewhere in there is an explanation for that "obscure place". How can I skip the unnecessary jibber-jabber and go straight to the part I'm interested in? You can't! And even if you scroll forward, where a guarantee that does not miss in the scrolling a couple of important moments? No way! And you can easily scroll through documentation in both directions at any time ;)

In general, as Nikita Mikhalkov used to say in the film "A Friend among strangers....": You must be busy, dear!

It is necessary to do video+text.

The main thing is to have documentation, but the hard parts can be explained with video tutorials. so to say, make a full-fledged tutorial with text and explanatory videos. This will be all right.

But there is nothing better than a well-written book and I don't even know what is comfortable about video... Programming is not like chemical experiments, which you can not do on your computer.

Secondly, there is a double question. Those who can program, they don't need video; and those who can't, video is of no use. If you don't know how to read, coloured pictures won't help you understand either.