pricing - page 15

gip >> :

Hmm. It's like "BANKS are often counted the other way round - from normal accounting"? Minus? Or sitting with your back to the monitor? Or from right to left, like the Arabs?

A debit in a bank is a debit in Africa. It's an increase. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter whether it's assets or liabilities.

What's the reverse? If you are encroaching on such a simple concept as "debit", at least explain your encroachment.

Why should I? You already know everything.

AlexEro >> :

Why? You already know everything.

So what is the difference? Could it be that in a bank the debit is on the right and the credit is on the left? You never said, you only explained what the difference was, and the point is still unclear.

Or was that just an unfortunate wording after all?

gip >> :

So what is the difference? Could it be that in a bank the debit is on the right and the credit is on the left? You never said, you just explained what the difference was, but the point is still unclear.

Or was it just an unfortunate phrasing?

In case you hadn't noticed, he can't say anything clearly. Like a little boy - no, not right, not like that. Why - silence... ( I have the impression that the man simply does not know and remains silent).

AlexEro, can you comment on "By the end of the day, banks close open FX positions."?

Do they close all foreign exchange, speculative open intraday positions or...?

Do they close at the end of their business day?

Can't banks close not at the end of the day, if for example it is required by limits or risk management?

Avals >> :

AlexEro, can you comment on "By the end of the day, banks close open FX positions."?

Do they close all foreign exchange, speculative open intraday positions or...?

Do they close at the end of their business day?

Can banks not close at the end of the day, if for example it is required by the limits or the risk management?

Of course, NO, they don't. It is official by that definition, to reduce currency speculation to zero. In reality, commercial banks are not always able to do this. They do - in Russia and Ukraine it's kind of a requirement of the National Banks. The banks have a LOT of ways not to do that. In normal countries, a slightly speculative open (skewed, skewed in favor of one or a couple of currencies) currency position can be held by a commercial bank for months.

AlexEro писал(а) >>

Of course, NO, they don't. It is official by that definition, to reduce currency speculation to zero. In reality, commercial banks are not always able to do this. They do - in Russia and Ukraine it's kind of a requirement of the National Banks. The banks have a LOT of ways not to do that. In normal countries, a slightly speculative open (skewed in favor of one or two currencies) position can be held by the commercial bank for months.

In practice it makes sense to discuss an algorithm of decision-making to open/shrink/close a currency position by a specific bank. It is clear that there is no uniform algorithm and that it depends on local legislation. Therefore it is possible to talk in terms of the country. How these decisions relate to the reporting periods of banks, tax due dates, expiry of exchange contracts etc. Imha, here we can find the specifics of the calendar, which allows us to derive practical benefit, not just theory.

AlexEro >> :

Of course, NO, they don't. It is official by that definition, to bring currency speculation to zero. In reality, banks are not always able to do this. They close - in Russia and in Ukraine - such is the kind of requirement of the National Banks.

The regulator (Central Bank of the Russian Federation) does not have such a requirement. (There are requirements, but different, for example: no more than 10% of assets can be in foreign currency (pose)).

BARS писал(а) >>

The regulator (Central Bank of the Russian Federation) does not have such a requirement. (There are requirements, but they are different, for example: no more than 10% of assets may be in foreign currency (pose).

Read more about our http://www.987.su/print950.html.

And in general about the conversion operations of Russian banks http://www.987.su/ns912.html

But they are more interested in US, European or Japanese banks.

Avals >> :

Read more about ours http://www.987.su/print950.html

And in general about the conversion operations of Russian banks http://www.987.su/ns912.html

But rather interested in US, European and Japanese banks.

The Bank of Russia further establishes the rules for application and the value of this requirement: "At the end of each operating day, the long (short) open currency position in a group of foreign currencies of European Union countries, as well as any of the long (short) open positions in other currencies (including the Russian rubles) shall not exceed 10% of own funds (capital) of the authorised bank 3.

"The absolute value of the sum of all long open currency positions shall consist of the sum of the open currency position in the group of foreign currencies of the European Union (if long) and long open currency positions in other currencies.
1996 Instruction of the First Deputy Chairman of the Central Bank of Russia A.A. Kozlov

BARS писал(а) >>

And what did you give me?

I told you about the limit you gave me, where is the Central Bank requirement to close the open position at the end of the day?

I did not give you a link to this topic with a detailed description of the foreign exchange position limit since it is being discussed and you mentioned it. I did not question what you said. The fact that the position is not closed completely no one makes it so, I wanted to hear comments on the phrase that it is closed. What I am personally interested in, I pointed out above.