Who wants a strategy? Lots and for free) - page 60

Ops. I forgot to fix this. The DEBUG mode (F12) didn't affect the price printing of the previous versions.

Thank you Stellarator for the useful bug reports and feedback.

**The attached program is not stand alone version. It has to be put in the folder of the last official beta version of FSB. Read more in the FSB forum.

Miroslav, the fact that the numbers have started to match (apparently they did inside, did you tweak the visual part?) is great! :)

But that's not the answer to my question (to the problem of non-convergence of indicator values in FSB and MT (both native and converted by me)):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do the prices I'm looking for DIFFERENT from the quotes??? (I mean 6,7,8, ... digits)

double has absolutely nothing to do with it! Values in quotes are normalised (with zeros after digits) and should be preserved (be completely identical to each other) when simply copying between variables. (Or am I 'missing something' specifically???).

If similar values start to appear when calculating indicators (when buffers for calculation are filled(update: and now it almost certainly is) based on quote values of protected static float[] Price(BasePrice price)), then we are BLUE (as strange as it may seem), i.e. it is like another source (besides former float) of "slightly" denormalized data :)

p.s. I was a little distracted by visual representation of "decorated" indicators and (as a consequence) by the problem of economy of indicator buffers in MT. I think I will finish it today and offer the public modified (visually) versions of previous indicators, and may be I will at last make Ishimoku too :)

I didn't understand exactly the question at the beginning "Why are the prices being sought DIFFERENT from the quotes???"

They are different because I typed in the data parser: aBar[iBar].Open = float.Parse(mLine.Groups["open"].Value); :) :) Thanks!!!

I changed it to double and everything is in place.

Added Vigor Index as well.

Upload afternoon.

Thanks again for the fedback!

Miroslav, after you have "ignored" my "clever" thought the second time - I have understood that this problem is not because I somehow incorrectly describe it, but that YOU simply do not understand it (in banal language translation/meaning) :) (correct me, if i'm wrong :) ?! And considering that you do not only manage operatively to react to our requests and remarks, but still to understand them and even to write back (about Russian) - my honour and praise! :)

In exchange, I will try to translate my thoughts to English in such critical moments ... (if it helps you to perceive my thoughts better :))

If these changes don't help "level the indicators"... well then I don't know - what else :)!

Waiting for the "Upload afternoon." version (in Russian, of course, it sounds feyery :D!)

p.s. I finally "invented" a workaround to MT's problem of finding the handle of my subwindow in an indicator (when there are many identical indicators on a chart with the same parameters). It dawned on me this morning.... I will try to post in the evening a variant of the indicators (with colored bars, it's mostly about them) that draw bars with graphic objects (to save indicator buffers). If I have time, it will help me correctly draw "complicated" indicators, such as Ishimoku (which I will also translate, if I have time). I will also give detailed instructions on applying indicators (setting correct parameters).

And we will need to decide on the direction (especially if in the latest FSB version the indicator values will finally coincide with MT) - will I continue (with a certain finite speed) to translate indicators (according to "approved pattern" that will be convenient to use in created strategies, for example) or no one really needs it and I will stop on some special cases... "for myself" (so to speak)?

Hello,

I hope I'm getting closer to my desired result.

I made a little script:

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                             Indicator_Values.mq4 |
//|                                 Copyright © 2009, Miroslav Popov |
//|                                              http://forexsb.com/ |
#property copyright "Copyright © 2009, Miroslav Popov"
#property link      "http://forexsb.com/"

//| script program start function                                    |
int start()
{
//----
    for(int i = 0; i < 20; i++)
    {
        // Indicator
        double dIndValue = iRSI(NULL, 0, 14, PRICE_CLOSE, i);

Print( i, "  ", TimeToStr(iTime(NULL, 0, i), TIME_DATE| TIME_MINUTES), "  ", DoubleToStr( dIndValue, 8));
    }
//----
   return(0);
}

I'm in English. :)

This small script prints the last 20 indicator values with 8 digits after the decimal point. We can use it to compare the indicators between FSB and MT.

Stellarator >>:

Если подобные значения начинают фигурировать при расчете индикаторов (когда заполняются буферы для расчета (update: а теперь это почти наверняка так и есть) на базе котировочных значений protected static float[] Price(BasePrice price)), то мы БЛИЗКИ К ЦЕЛИ (как это не странно), т.е. как бы еще один источник (помимо бывшего float), "слегка" денормализованных данных :)

I changed this together with the indicators. I thought it's clear and that's why I didn't mention it.

Regards

I agree there is a discrepancy in the values of the indicators. There needs to be uniformity. And as it was with Oscillator MACD due to the lack of information about the values of the attached indicator. I had the same problem with Momentum MA Oscillator. The output is divergent but what is inside? What parameters does Momentum have? Maybe I do not understand something. Again.

zfs >> :
I agree that there is a discrepancy in indicator values. What I need is uniformity. As it was with Oscillator MACD because of the lack of information about the values of the attached indicator. I had the same problem with Momentum MA Oscillator. The output is divergent but what is inside? What parameters does Momentum have? Maybe I do not understand something. Again.

Hi zfs,

The indicator source codes are available, I also. I hope we will fix all questions.

About the Momentum indicator.

The classical formula is: Momentum(n) = Close - Close(n)

This is the formula FSB uses.

MT uses: Momentum(n) = 100 * Close / Close(n)

I'm probably not going to write anything today... :) My friends called me to cheat (we're drinking beer already and I couldn't resist, I've been having too much work :( )... So every hour the adequacy of perception is getting more and more disturbed :D

BUT! In my opinion - it hasn't helped again :( (or maybe I just can't hit the comdo boxes to set the parameters to match :))

Okay, for today, leave it for now. Apparently I'll have to - step by step - compare the resulting values of each function and action with some small scripts... And find out... where - what... (why?!)

See you tomorrow...!