Who wants a strategy? Lots and for free) - page 45

voltair >> :

Well, the drawdown is pleasing, but is it a fit?

I'm quite interested, but not up to FxSB yet. :)

No, that's the SSB strategy from the repository.

voltair >> :

By the way. Who calculates the lot depending on the drawdown?

For example, I have a certain expo making 500 Kilobucks profit with 1 stable lot, 36k$ drawdown (MT4 shows 11%) and 100k$ starting deposit.

Or a profit of $625k$, a drawdown of $59k$ (37%) with the same starting deposit.

Which one of the two strategies is better? :)

And what would be the recommended lot for a $10k depo in either case?

Not that I can't figure it out myself, but who's counting?

What are the nuances?

For example I don't like drawdown at all... what does drawdown mean... I actually only take 20% of the deposit, that's why I always close my profits manually on maxima, if my deposit is depleted. And I trade minlote on the baby forex.

The smaller the lot the less risk... And you have to look at things realistically, if you have 100000 dollars, in my opinion, you should divide your deposit into 10 parts and trade with 0.1 lot, using only 30% of deposit, i.e. apparently, you should have many different reasons to open a deal, i.e. ideally, the multi-strategy multi-currency turns out.

voltair >> :

Notice at least that the numbering of bars is opposite... In FxSB the last bar is not zero, on the contrary, it is the maximum for the history. Plus various other nuances. So, imho, if someone is going to do the binding, then kudos, of course. But I would not. More reasons below.

And how to optimise it afterwards?

I think it would be much easier to write an xml to mq4 converter. But for this you need the library of FxSB indicators in the code of mq4. But this work can be done in parallel. Everyone (willing and able) will code an indicator, in couple of weeks (optimistically, of course :) ) everyone will do it. And the xml-key converter won't be hard to write. And the "binding" is, imho, for a long time.

P.S. Oh! Here Miroslav below writes about the same (indicator library in mq4)!

I've already started the prog, published a triple... The inductors are all simple and similar, to an expert 15 min=inductor.

Hello,

The Forex Strategy Builder has not been designed and developed to export strategies to MetaTrader. Its purpose is to be a research platform in the field of the Technical Analysis. The most funny is that the so widely commented strategy generator was developed to generate strategies for debugging. Actually I don't like it. It shows a "profitable" combination of the indicators and I have to start shaking my head to understand why this strategy works "If it does so".

I prefer the opposite process - to set my logic manually using the indicator slots.

Taking into account that this is a MQL forum I want to recommend that you use the strategy generator of Mr. Reshetov. As I understand it generates ready to use strategies in MQL4. I admire him how fast he managed to start new project and to make it workable (actually I haven't tested it yet). Wish him success!

Off course it is possible to make Forex Strategy Builder exporting and generating Expert Advisers but this is not a priority for me. However, I'll support everyone in this direction.

Hmm, I see I can start adding indicators from the MQL codebase to FSB but I'm wondering about their license.

Any feedback about Forex Strategy Builder is appreciated.

Thank you for the reading!

In general, I want to put three strategies, maybe more depending on the circumstances, the most on one pair, I think it will reduce the risks and the profit may be higher. I want to combine these strategies into one. I want to reduce lots of course.

It would be nice if at least all indicators were converted to MQL. After all, it's easier to develop the strategy itself and it's up to everyone depending on their preferences.

I suggest people who are just eager to try it - join forces here on the forum.

I would be glad if somebody would share it with me:

Money Flow

Oscillator of OBOS

Hourly High Low

Ross Hook

Steady Bands

Trix Index

That's the only thing I understood :) :

Miroslav_Popov wrote : >>

The most funny is that the so widely commented strategy generator was developed to generate strategies for debugging

"The criterion of truth is the socio-historical practice".

In this context - expert as close as possible to FSB's, put on demo with "post-debugging".

(ZS. I'm only twiddling my thumbs here because I don't have "NET C#" handy yet, to see what it is)

zfs wrote >>

It's enough for me :)

BBP MA Oscillator and Alligator

Miroslav_Popov >> :

>> Hello,

Dear Miroslav!

My opinion is that you are not necessary to pay full attention to your strategy in MQL, but consider it quite well if you have done the library an indicator, adapted for MQL, on your put that all interested persons could be changed in given direction.

Your program in change from our russian programs more powerful project with very greater prospect.

The new version with instruction amount deals enabled to get the better strategies. I think better was to get the result on maximum balance not only, but also on drawdown of the deposit, on probability of the deal and mnozhestve other parameters, used, for instance, in Wealth Lab.

In any event your performance is a success. Want good luck.
Excuse me for crooked english.

zfs >> :

Dear Miroslav!

Kill your translator! Better say it in Russian, someone will translate it.

ZFS thanks for translating your post into English. I understand Russian but I cannot write well. I write in English. I am not talking about the grammar :)

Probably I'll make a collection of adapted indicators. For the beginning it is not necessary to include the logic rules in the indicators. They have to have the same entry parameters and to give the same values in equal historical rates. It's better to name them properly with the prefix fsb_ like this: fsb_Moving_Average_Crossover, fsb_PSAR...

These should be fully functional MQL indicators usable in MetaTrader but to be adapted to meet the FSB parameters.

If you see any difference in the results it's better to see the reason and to eliminate it.

Have fun!