Hodrick-Prescott filter - page 8

Sorry to intrude, but I want to give my IMHO opinion. Digital filters, neural networks and genetic algorithms are mathematical tools that have nothing to do with trading. Looking at all sorts of "derivatives" from price in the hope of coming up with something is certainly possible, but hardly promising. The first step is to develop a trading strategy (trading idea) and apply mathematics to implement it, not the other way around. Therefore, it is advisable to discuss possible trading ideas and then implement these ideas using mathematics.

Yes, that's how it is in most intraday TS, trading ideas separately, mathematics separately, i.e. at the level of 5th grade S,
However, the hedging TS is already mathematics, but not the same as for engineers, not the same as for physicists,
and then something mathematical only slightly similar to mathematics for chemists, biologists, psychologists begins.

sak120 >> :
Sorry to interfere, but I want to bring my IMHO. Digital filters, neural networks, genetic algorithms are mathematical tools that have nothing to do with trading. Looking at all sorts of "derivatives" from price in the hope of coming up with something is certainly possible, but hardly promising. The first step is to develop a trading strategy (trading idea) and apply mathematics to implement it, not the other way around. Therefore, it is advisable to discuss possible trading ideas, and after that to implement these ideas with the help of mathematics.

You are right about neural networks, genetic algorithms and digital filters. But not about other mathematical tools.)

registred >> :

You are right about neural networks, genetic algorithms and digital filters. But not about other mathematical tools.)

Decipher what you mean by mathematical tools? The term mathematical tool itself implies that it comes from mathematics and has nothing to do with trading.

Trading involves maths is a fact. What tools? A simple MA crossing is already a tool:) It has a much more serious effect on traders than a neural network, for example:)

registred >> :

Trading involves maths is a fact. What tools? A simple MA crossing is already a tool:) It has a much more serious effect on traders than a neural network, for example:)

MA crossing is not a mathematical tool, but a trading idea: like "the current momentum is stronger than the historical one and therefore the probability of a trend is high". The mathematical tool used here to determine the strength of the move is the average, i.e. the MA.

sak120 >> :
Sorry to intrude, but I want to bring my IMHO opinion. Digital filters, neural networks, genetic algorithms are mathematical tools that have nothing to do with trading. Looking at all sorts of "derivatives" from price in the hope of coming up with something is certainly possible, but hardly promising. The first step is to develop a trading strategy (trading idea) and apply mathematics to implement it, not the other way around. Therefore, it is advisable to discuss possible trading ideas and then implement these ideas using mathematics.

Even the numbers you use when calculating dough are also a mathematical tool. All "trading ideas" exploit some kind of mathematical ideas, just not all authors of trading ideas realise this.

argue about who (in what century) created the "tool" or how many grades of c.s. are part of the educational qualifications of the trader-creator of the TS?
)))It is enough to know firmly the subject of "fractions".

What's there to argue about, it's obvious. You can even draw a distribution function, about the level of the census. And it won't be normal.

Files:
hp_coc.mq4  3 kb