Crisis: Don't we care? - page 49

cabluk >> :

I do not understand. Are lower classes those who understand only expensive cars or cars as such (from expensive to budget ones to middle class ones like class D)?

All of them. The more sophisticated he is, the lower his social status. Naturally, he travels exclusively by public transport or on foot - he has no car of his own.

Car service workers are an exception to the rule.

Figar0 >> :

From the time of purchase of one not the biggest island from Indians, for beads and fire water, nothing has changed fundamentally. Cheat, steal and prosper from it.

And the Roman Empire lived on the same. However, the hour X came and all that was left of the coliseum were ruins to be shown to the rotund. Only I doubt it was the barbarians who destroyed Rome. It was probably the Romans themselves. A living example is New Orleans after Catherine. The citizens of this city turned out to be barbarians, or even worse than barbarians, i.e. looters.

In the time after the USSR collapse there was a crime wave, but it was not reaching the point of wild plundering, because there was much that was left from the Soviet Union which could be used for making a profit without necessarily killing anyone.

Things will be much worse in the states because the bursting of the bubble will leave them with nothing but debts. Once the depression starts, they will first loot every outlet that has anything left. Then they'll start killing each other to get something to eat. They don't know how to work, and there's nowhere to do it, because big corporations have long ago placed their production facilities outside the states or sold them to the Chinese.

Then the "history" books will paint pictures of barbarians plundering the empire.

Figar0 >> :

And we should thank them for the crisis, in fact, it all comes from their desire to live beyond their means, to consume more than they produce...

So Russia didn't get a lot of warmth from this bubble, lived solely within its means and produced far more than it consumed?

Oxymoron: "Russia" and "produced" cannot stand in the same sentence.

Reshetov писал(а) >> They don't know how to work, do they?

No, they can - and even very well: high technology did not emerge out of thin air. But they also know how to consume - and also very well.

But the first sentence, of course, does not apply to the lumpenized part of the population, which is so lovingly nurtured and supported on purpose. Apparently, it is cheaper to maintain a passive-consumptive army of tens of percent of the population and pay them a pittance by the standards of normal life, just to keep them out of the way and not to make revolutions.

Mathemat >> :

No, they know how to do it and they do it very well: high-tech did not appear out of nowhere.

>> They do not have any high-tech. All the technology under Clinton, and after Bush, was sold to the Chinese.

The manufacturing facilities of the big American corporations are also outside the states. The bigwigs are not idiots to put all their eggs in one basket either.

I don't dispute that for a while they had the ability to buy brains all over the world and thereby get ahead of the rest in the technology sector. It was. But now that is no longer the case. You just have to look inside a computer to see that all the stuffing is made in Asia, although the computer itself may have an American label, for example from "Dell".

If you have been to the states, you can confirm that mostly non-citizens work there, i.e. Mexicans or those who got off the train, steamship or plane and have been hiding from the migration authorities for a long time (however, the migration authorities there turn a blind eye to all this).

Most of the GDP growth in the states comes from only two sectors:

1. Financial

2. Spheres of services

Industry and agriculture are there too, but they do not play any special role in the GDP - they either sit on subsidies or on government contracts from the Pentagon, i.e. they are maintained on taxpayers' money. That is why the crisis in the financial sector has led to a recession - lower GDP growth.

timbo >> :

All of them. The more sophisticated he is, the lower his social status. Naturally, he travels exclusively by public transport or on foot - he has no car of his own.

Car service workers are an exception to the rule.

Timbo, don't be ridiculous, keep your illogical considerations to yourself.

Most middle-aged people of any profession are interested in and more or less knowledgeable.

>> my friend who's an office worker knows better than me and drives a 500.

And quit defending america. It's a dead giveaway.

timbo писал(а) >>

So Russia did not get a lot of warmth from this bubble, lived solely within its means and produced far more than it consumed?

Oxymoron: "Russia" and "produced" cannot be in the same sentence.

Russia has no bazaar at all, only it will not be so painful to fall down, because it has not climbed so high) And it will not drag anyone after it.

Russia lives off natural resources that, by the way, unlike the dollar, have a real value, even if they are still valued in the same dollars, but at least something...

Of course the availability of natural resources is not God knows what kind of merit, well Russia was lucky a little, after so much adversity (yoke, wars, harsh climate, stupid rulers, thieves-rulers), it should have had some good luck, just by terver. But they couldn't make the most of their luck. The share of real production is negligible. The hell with production, in the current environment, maybe it's for the best (no teeth, no reason to get sick), but the fact that there was no village or agriculture as such - that's too bad. The 200 km drive from Moscow ends with the dachas/cottages and total devastation begins. This is when you begin to realize that petrodollars have gone in the wrong direction, it becomes doubly sad...

And so it turns out that we do not love America but "it hurts for Russia"). By the way, I have enough friends/acquaintances of Americans who understand perfectly the nature of this "dislike" and, in general, "are not offended". In truth, they are mostly well-educated people who have traveled around the world...

Figar0 >> :

Of course the availability of natural resources is not God knows what kind of merit, well Russia was lucky a little, after so much adversity (yoke, wars, harsh climate, stupid rulers, thieves rulers), it should be a good fortune, just on the terve.

Actually, it is said that big oil deposits are a curse for a country and its people. Just look at the list of oil-producing countries to see that. The petrodollars, for some reason, almost always go in the wrong direction. There are exceptions, but they are few.

That's how it turns out that we don't like America, but "it hurts for Russia"). By the way, I have enough American friends/acquaintances who understand the nature of this "dislike" very well, and generally "don't get offended". In truth, they are mostly well-educated people who have traveled around the world...

There is a saying "no offense to fools", it seems to me that this is the case.

cabluk >> :

Timbo, don't be ridiculous, keep your illogical considerations to yourself.

Most middle-aged people of all professions are interested and more or less knowledgeable.

a friend of mine who's an office worker knows better than I do and drives a 500 Mercedes.

He also drives American and Japanese cars, many and very different, so he can compare and speak authoritatively. By the way, what has a friend got to do with it, it's not a friend, and you start comparing? That's what the knowledgeable majority is - the lower class.

and stop defending america, it's a dead end.

God forbid... America can live without my protection. I'm trying to instill in those around me the skills to protect themselves from being duped, the skills to think. I'm not very good at it.

timbo писал(а) >>

There's a saying - 'no offence meant to fools' - and I think that's exactly the case.

And no one's taking offense at you.