Can you tell me which trading systems anyone knows? I'm sick of metatrader! - page 3

MProgrammer:

Logic is also needed - and it says that - if a profit is not derived from the API, it does not mean it is not needed. APIs are needed for ease and speed of development.

In my opinion, logic is better applied in the market, looking for patterns. Then it is not so difficult to program these regularities. If not in MQL, then in a dll-code. The simpler the system - the more stable it is.....

SergNF:
MProgrammer:

...My question is why don't they give it to me? What's in the way?

I can only speculate. It was an order from DC, to ease the "handling" of conflicts - the terminal also has Logs, etc. etc., and the new GUI can fall into the hands of a squabbling ... unintelligent person.

Well, maybe so... Although it seems to me that it's not a problem to make logs come in from API as well.

The main thing is that the API allows trader to trade as he wants, and the scripts allow to trade only in the way they work... And any limitation of trader is profitable for brokerage company... And vice versa - trader's freedom may cause a loss to the broker. For example, try to set an expiry time of a pending order less than 11 minutes, it will not work. In a word, scripts are the rules of the game... that are set by brokerage companies. And the lack of scripts is the rules that a trader "thinks up"... Including for their own benefit. That's why they don't give it. After all, for successful trading it should be bought by brokerage companies, and the one who pays, calls the tune. We do not pay we do not order. That is all. How sad it really is. Or vice versa funny.

LeoV:
MProgrammer:

Logic is also needed - and it says that - if a profit is not derived from the API, it does not mean it is not needed. APIs are needed for ease and speed of development.

In my opinion, logic is better applied in the market, looking for patterns. Then it is not so difficult to program these regularities. If not in MQL, then in a dll-code. The simpler the system, the more stable it is.....

I need a tool... And how I will use it is a tenth matter. And it's mine alone. If you want stability - use scripts. Those who don't care - use what they want.

MProgrammer:

Please no hard feelings ...

Likewise. And some of your codes for MT, just as an example, to see what's wrong. Since proger. And for comparison - and which platform is more convenient? I know different platforms have different gimmicks, but may I point the finger at something in one bottle? I'm a sociable person, sometimes too much - but this is the first time I've heard that. On the contrary, even non-writers who switch back to MT no longer want to, even to the point of rejecting brokers who don't use MT. Not because of certain moments, but because of the overall set of features. As a set - the terminal is more convenient than other platforms, but this is "my subjective opinion, and I'm not going to impose it on anyone".

MProgrammer:

It seems to me personally that just having API gives a trader the possibility to trade as you want, and through scripts only as they allow... And any limitation of the trader is to the advantage of CA... And vice versa - trader's freedom may cause a loss to the broker. For example, try to set an expiry time of a pending order less than 11 minutes, it will not work. In a word, scripts are the rules of the game... that are set by brokerage companies. And the lack of scripts is the rules that a trader "thinks up"... Including for their own benefit. That's why they don't give it. After all, for successful trading it should be bought by brokerage companies, and the one who pays, calls the tune. We do not pay we do not order. That is all. How sad it really is. Or vice versa funny.

Well, not all trading depends on setting pending orders for time shorter than 11 minutes, right? I think it's not so simple with API either. If there are no limitations there, the broker will surely have them - this is 100%. Not every broker will accept pending orders for 1 minute. Think about it yourself..... This restriction most likely comes from the broker and not from the program.

MProgrammer:

I need a tool... How I use it is a matter of tenths. It's mine alone. If you want stability, use scripts. Those who do not care, let them use what they want.

There are plenty of tools in MT, everything depends on the broker.

LeoV:

Well, not all trading is about setting pending orders for less than 11 minutes, is it? I don't think it's all that simple with the API either. If there are no restrictions there, the broker will surely have them - this is 100%. Not every broker will accept pending orders for 1 minute. Think about it yourself.....

Our problem is that we cannot trade pending orders for one minute. Our brokerage companies also have no restrictions. So here is the question - why? And who benefits.

MProgrammer:

That's the fun of it - you're welcome to use your hands for one minute. DC doesn't have any restrictions either. That's the question - why? And who benefits.

You cannot set all delays every minute using your hands - you will get tired and quit. And the automated system will place them like a man on fire every second. The broker will die. That's why there is such a limitation for auto-trading. That's what I think.....

Autotrading and manual trading are not the same thing. That's why the restrictions are different....

Bookkeeper:
MProgrammer:

No hard feelings, please ...

Likewise. And some of your codes for MT, just as an example, to see what's wrong. Since proger. And for comparison - and which platform is more convenient? I know different platforms have different gimmicks, but may I point the finger at something in one bottle? I'm a sociable person, sometimes too much - but this is the first time I've heard that. On the contrary, even non-writers who switch back to MT no longer want to, even to the point of rejecting brokers who don't use MT. Not because of certain moments, but because of the overall set of features. As a set - the terminal is more convenient than other platforms, but this is "my subjective opinion, and I'm not going to impose it on anyone".

Haha... What's my code for? What do you want to see there. I'm a professional, I don't care what I write in - even if it's in accounts... He's interested in my code - I'll drop everything...

But seriously, what's wrong with scripts? - I have a lot of things - for example, one EA per chart. The impossibility to start an EA from an indicator, for example - i.e., i cannot start an EA at all ... The nonsense with updates after recompilation. Many things... Difficulties with running generated programs (even ind. or so) ... What to say about error messages... You'll get tired of looking for a missing parenthesis... BUT! I don't want to discuss MT's shortcomings - I'm not interested at all. They're all there and they're not going anywhere. I'm interested in what's different ? Who has looked at what ?

LeoV:
MProgrammer:

That's the fun of it - you're welcome to use your hands for one minute. DC doesn't have any restrictions either. That's the question - why? And who benefits.

You cannot set all delays every minute using your hands - you will get tired and quit. And the automated system will place them like a man on fire every second. The broker will die. That's why there is such a limitation for auto-trading. That's what I think.....

Autotrading and manual trading are not the same thing. Hence the different restrictions....

Where is it written? Why can't action be taken on the server side - ban the spammer and that's it.