[Archive c 17.03.2008] Humour [Archive to 28.04.2012] - page 566

PapaYozh:

Yeah, about right. But I did it myself... :((

PapaYozh:

That's funny ))))

That's the way it is with me:

The plumbers have nothing to do with it, it's all about the designers who never show up at the sites, working purely on layouts that were provided by the customer, and these layouts were drawn in the 60-80s of the last century. And then there are the measuring staff, who measure with a Russian yardstick, or matchboxes, because they left a tape measure in the car somewhere and it's a bummer to go and get it.

sanyooooook:
The plumbers have nothing to do with it, it's all about the planners who never show up at the site, working purely on the plans provided by the client...
Back in Soviet times, when I came abroad to implement a plant designed by us, I discovered that a 5-ton rotator with a sliding faceplate had been placed on the foundation for surfacing rollers with a diameter of 120mm. We then used it to weld tractor frames.

granit77:
Back in Soviet times, when I came abroad to implement a plant designed by us, I discovered that a 5 tonne rotator with a sliding faceplate had been placed on the foundation for surfacing rollers with a diameter of 120mm. We then used it to weld tractor frames.
)), well that's ok, at least it's not the other way round.

From Twitter:
I tell a girl about the unrest in Egypt, the demonstrations, the internet blackout across the country. The girl asks: Is it all because of that shark?

I wish I had one! What a logical cause-and-effect relationship!

Viktor reminded me of Gorodnitsky in his correspondence yesterday.

I like the message...))

We are enthusiastic fighters.
Man is our enemy, basta!
We're like wolves, we're toothed,
Poisonous as a wasp.
For the fatherland,
We'll take him down, the villain.
Our main idea:
Beat the humans, save the woods!
Dwarves, dwarves, dwarves, dwarves
We won't let a stranger live!
Let's lead him away from home
And we'll board him up!
If you don't smell of sulphur,
Then you are not of our faith.
If you don't look grey
That means you're not ours!

Charlie Brooker - The Wish Box

Subtitles are a bit sweary

bernankebenya:
From Twitter:
Telling a girl about the riots in Egypt, the demonstrations, the internet blackout across the country. Girl asks: Is it all because of that shark?

The girl is not so wrong. The country was in a boiling phase. There was an exodus of tourists, the country lost a lot of money, certain segments of the population became restless and began to resent it and, when they exceeded the critical number, it snowballed. That's right, you can write a paper - "The Role of Sharks in Political Struggle".