[Archive c 17.03.2008] Humour [Archive to 28.04.2012] - page 489

Dezil:
Fuckin' cocksuckers. Who's going to get whacked today? Russia vs Belgium 0-2

>

Mischek:

They have a funny way about them, the sailors.)

There was a diesel submarine in the yard. A friend and I worked as turners at the time. The boat was standing almost under our shop. Sailors used to come to us to turn rivets for demob albums out of sea bronze. They paid us with an awl - typical factory currency. Some time later my friend and I asked to look at the submarine from the inside. We were 17, we had never been there, it was very interesting. We had never been on a submarine before, it was interesting. The sailors showed us. Afterwards we were sitting on the pier, smoking and talking. The guys told us how young people were trained. Well, you understand yourself that there are a lot of pipes, valves and equipment. Different pipes have different colour markings - you need to know the materials. So, by the way, they send the young men and women to look for the condensed milk valve and the steam valve on the submarine. And you can imagine, there are fools who actually go and look.

Another thing I liked was the submarine's assembly technology. First the hull of the submarine is assembled on the slipway, the coke is loaded, then the sides are sewn up. When the submarine is decommissioned, everything is done in reverse order - first the sides are sewn up, then the coca is taken out and only after that the bulkheads (hull stiffening ribs) are dismantled.

And on surface ships they send a young man to the bilge (the highest point of the ship) for tea, or send him to look for a switch to run current through the railings - I'm not even speaking about that :)

Mischek:

Russian Dexter :)))

Wife: I can't watch this serial killer (Dexter).
Husband: But he only kills bad people!
Wife: You know, it's just as stupid as if a maniac pedophile would only rape kids who misbehave.

drknn:

There was a diesel submarine in the factory. A friend and I were working as turners at the time. The boat was almost under our shop. Sailors used to come to us to turn rivets for demob albums out of sea bronze. They paid us with an awl - typical factory currency. Some time later my friend and I asked to look at the submarine from the inside. We were 17, we had never been there before, it was very interesting. We had never been on a submarine before, it was interesting. The sailors showed us. Afterwards we were sitting on the pier, smoking and talking. The guys told us how young people were trained. Well, you understand yourself that there are a lot of pipes, valves and equipment. Different pipes have different colour markings - you need to know the materials. So, by the way, they send the young men and women to look for the condensed milk valve and the steam valve on the submarine. And you can imagine, there are fools who actually go and look.

Another thing I liked was the submarine's assembly technology. First the hull of the submarine is assembled on the slipway, the coke is loaded, then the sides are sewn up. When the submarine is decommissioned, everything is done in reverse order - first the boards are sewn up, then the coke is taken out and only after that the bulkheads (hull stiffening ribs) are dismantled.

And I will not even speak about how on surface ships they send a young man to the bilge (the highest point of the ship) to get tea, or how they send him to look for a switch which makes current flow along the railings :)

There's a lot on this subject by the St. Petersburg writer, former submariner Alexander Pokrovsky. I have everything on paper, but you can probably find everything on the Internet. To recollect - "A ship of sediment", "Firing squad" and another 10 books.

drknn:

Another thing I liked was the submarine's assembly technology. First the hull of the submarine is assembled on the slipway, the coke is loaded, then the sides are sewn up. When the submarine is decommissioned, it is done in reverse order - first the sides are sewn, then the coca is taken out and only after that the bulkheads (hull stiffening ribs) are dismantled

And all that time, until the boat is scrapped, the cook will be inside? That's awful, poor cook, what they don't do to him...

Mathemat:
And all that time, until the boat is scrapped, the cook will be inside? That's awful, poor cook, what they don't do to him...

What else could they do? He's fat, he can't fit through the hatch.

>

>