THE IDEA EXCHANGE - page 6

meta-trader2007 писал (а):
I have an idea (one of the most reliable Forex trading strategies): to create a VC and profit from spreads and plummets. :)
It's better to profit only from spread and swaps. Profits from plums spoil your karma.

timbo:
Figar0:
Who says it's so simple and cloudless?) It's just an idea. ... Here's the EA's state where this idea is implemented to the letter head-on. I haven't used it that way, it took me a month or two to get it right (real account)
On the one hand, the man says that it works in real trading, and I believe him. On the other hand, I have always followed the advice to study mathematics, and on that side I see that it cannot work. It's a zero-sum game. It's not even a martingale, where we move the moose into the low probability zone and take pennies off before the moose comes in and nullifies the whole game.
And here is the original itself.
What could Figar0 improve there? I would have told you.
Regards - S.D.
Files:

Sart:
timbo:
Figar0:
Who says it's so simple and cloudless?) It's just an idea. ... Here's the EA's state where this idea is implemented to the letter head-on. I haven't used it that way, it took me a month or two to get it right (real account)
On the one hand, the man says that it works on a real account, and I believe him. On the other hand, I have always followed the advice to study mathematics, and from this side I see that it cannot work. It's a zero-sum game. It's not even a martingale, where we move the moose into the low probability zone and take pennies off before the moose comes in and nullifies the whole game.
What could Figar0 improve there? I would have told you.
Regards - S.D.

Yes, there was also a commentary on it:
Files:
read_me.txt  3 kb

Sart:
What else could Figar0 do? You should tell us about it.
Regards - S.D.

Well it's not the original (just to see that it doesn't exactly trade that way), I haven't even seen this EA... Have you seen the state of the Massacre_public EA? The idea even in its bare form (given the right set of circumstances) is able to work, but what about using your head and hands to make it less dependent on the set of circumstances? Do not expect me to tell you what I have done and how I have done it, in order to bring it to a real account. This is an exchange of ideas, not a shop of ready-made solutions ;)

This is the original, don't judge severely, it was done in a hurry, just to test the idea...

Files:

leonid553:

For those who are interested, the NonLogMA indicator (available in Code Base) is used in the figure

We put two indicators on the chart and set the deviation of the upper and lower limits using Deviation=0. 1 and = "-0.1". Period = 34 - .... or more

I haven't found the NonLogMA indicator in Code Base. Give me a link if it's not difficult.

strelec:
leonid553:

For those who are interested, the NonLogMA indicator (available in Code Base) is used in the figure

We put two indicators on the chart and set the deviation of the upper and lower limits using Deviation=0. 1 and = "-0.1". Period = 34 - .... or more

Couldn't find the NonLogMA indicator in Code Base. Give me a link if it's not difficult.
Files:

Half a year ago I proposed an idea: "Effective trading strategy based on multicurrency analysis of several DTs", I will not repeat everything, those who have not read it - can read it in a thread: "Effective trading strategy based on multicurrency analysis of several DTs".

Doesn't anyone else have anything to share?

Figar0 писал (а):
Sart:
Here is the original copy itself.
What could Figar0 improve? You should have told us about it.
Regards - S.D.

Well it's not the original (just to see that it doesn't exactly trade that way), I haven't even seen this EA... Have you seen the state of the Massacre_public EA? The idea can work even in its bare form (given the right set of circumstances), but what about using your head and hands to make it less dependent on the set of circumstances? Do not expect me to tell you what I have done and how I have done it, in order to bring it to a real account. This is an exchange of ideas, not a shop of ready-made solutions ;)

Here's the original, don't judge too harshly, it was made hastily, just to test the idea...

There is an error in the EA. After the line if (Bid<MinSellPrice && SC==2) there is a curly brace missing { and, of course, there is none at the end of the action }

I had some time today to go over the code. I tested it on different pairs and TFs. It is an interesting idea. But it does not need check on bar start. And it is better to open all 4 orders by some channel. I tried a usual price channel and the results improved considerably. I obtained five orders out of three thousand within 2 months. It is quite possible that adding MM will still improve the results. But still it does not solve the problem of expanding the distance between orders. Dangerous.

If anyone is interested, I am currently enjoying the Fibonacci levels. At first I was building extensions myself, and then I started using DinapoliTargets (available in CodeBase). But there are peculiarities. Here's what I found:

1. if price has passed the starting line, it will almost certainly reach the 61.8 level;

2. if the price has not passed the start line, a stop order can be placed for a point behind the line;

3. if the start line is already behind at the moment the indicator is switched, a limit order can be placed for it with a target at 61. 8;

4. if some levels coincide or almost coincide at different TFs, their significance is higher, and the price is likely to reach them

5. if levels coincide completely on two adjacent TFs, the price is likely to reach 161.8;

To confirm the decision, we may use any trend indicators or stochastics. But they often lie (least of all my DynamicRS_3CLines - also available there). It is better to wait for switching levels. The indicators are just for self-reassurance.

Also. I liked working on low TFs better. Especially on M5 and Yen. In this case the stops are the shortest, so you can open positions up to (free funds)/2000. If the target is closer than 10 pips, there will be problems with TP on the real. IMHO. So we will have to wait for the moment to manually close the order.

Programmer I am hehe... Idea: buy or sell at the intersection of the MA built on the closing and opening prices respectively. I don't think stops are needed. As a filter you can use overcoming High or Low.