THE IDEA EXCHANGE - page 12

Vinin:

1. one shows the High[] position relative to the EMA, the second shows the Low position relative to the EMA, so I think we should introduce thresholds (significance levels). Compare Delta not with zero, but with these thresholds.

2. You have a small error in your code. The variables cx and lx cannot equal 50, the condition must be cx<50 and lx<50. There is an overrun of the array.

We can do it with thresholds too - I tried it, but it's an extra parameter for optimization, while it has little effect. As for the error, it does not seem to affect it: while (cx<51), while (lx<51)

khorosh:
leonid533.
Please let me know - are these parameters (13,11,10) found for GBPJPY and TF - M30?
No, this is just an example. For this pair on this timeframe during optimization we got: for trades to Buy (5-15-11), for trades to Sell - (7-16-14). But it depends on the tactics used in the EA. I do not think these values will be helpful for you. And quotes in different brokerage companies affect on parameters. I have these values on Lite's mt4.

I tried to test the filter just as a closing condition, there are history periods that are just fine, and others that are so-so. Maybe using this filter makes sense, I'll give it another spin. Thank you.

... ... ...

leonid553:
Tempting attachment, but so far I haven't been able to roll such filters, now I'll try yours.
However, IMHO, the testing is unremarkable. You feel more confident if, for example, you've been optimizing from May to September,
but you're testing from January to December. That is, there is both a run and a run out.

The trend-detector showed good results (including out-of-sample profits) even in the simplest Expert Advisor - the crossing of two MAs.

And also in its pure form - when entering - when the Delta crosses the zero line. And trailing, of course, was present there.

Things went much better when I implemented independent long and short entries. Thus the drawdown is compensated and the number of trades increases. For long and short positions I've provided my own trend detectors. Even GBPCHF is able to make profit!

leonid553:
Things went much better when I made independent long
and short entries. The drawdown is compensated, and the number of
trades increases. For long and short positions I provided my own
trend detectors. Even GBPCHF is able to make profit even with this
!
I didn't make any independent entries, though. Thanks for reminding me, I will try to combine them with the trend detectors.
If I remember correctly, the entry parameters should be optimized separately for buy and sell.

granit77:

If I remember correctly, you have to optimise the inputs separately for buy and sell.

Yes, separately.

My Ruslan: "How do you do it? My finely tuned tdetector works well. But during the test I had some unclear moments. I noticed that sometimes there seems to be a signal on the chart. A trade is not opened. I started to analyze it (with my usual scrupulousness - modestly speaking!). Include a comment. The following misunderstanding was found.

The scale on the graph is too crude. Four decimal places is not enough! Four decimal places are not enough! We need to add a fifth. In this case, the MA values themselves are simply rounded to four decimal places. For example, the MA values on the chart vary (approximately) from -0.00015 to -0.00025, while calculations show only 0.0002!

I have shown this point with yellow arrows on the chart.

Dear people ! Please, advise me what I have to do to increase the sensitivity of the scale in the indices by 1 decimal place.

rid:
My Ruslan: "How do you do it? I have a good impression of the performance of the tr-detector. But during the test I had some unclear moments. I noticed that sometimes there seems to be a signal on the chart. A trade is not opened. I started to analyze it (with my usual scrupulousness - modestly speaking!). Include a comment. The following misunderstanding was found.

The scale on the graph is too crude. Four decimal places is not enough! Four decimal places are not enough! We need to add a fifth. HOWEVER, the MA values themselves are simply rounded to four digits. For example, the MA values on the chart vary (approximately) from -0.00015 to -0.00025, while calculations show only 0.0002!

I have shown this point with yellow arrows on the chart.

Dear people ! Please, advise me what I have to do to increase the sensitivity of the scale in the indices by 1 decimal place.

In the init section of the indicator we just need to write IndicatorDigits(Digits+1); We will get one more digit. If we add +2, we get two more digits.