Wishes for MQL5 - page 60

TedBeer писал(а) >>

Well, you get a mishmash of the functional approach and the OOP. Ideologically, it has to be one or the other. Even if conventional functions are preserved for backward compatibility, the OOP should be implemented as well, otherwise

Why such a profound modernization called MQL5?

Unfortunately all of our discussions are akin to the reading of tea leaves. They are of no use, since we don't see any willingness from methaquotes, not only to give the beta version, but also to publish the specifications of the language that they have implemented. Then you could reasonably ask to do something with the language before releasing it as a product.

It's still going to be a mess. The full support for the MQL4 functional approach + classes from MQL5.

The question is who to target - C programmers or "common traders". There is no one suitable for all at once.

The functional approach or OOP are generally such labels. The ideology may be different, designed for a particular task - trading... or not trading, but something else.

MQL is a language for trading. However, if they promise a speed as C programs, then they may use it to calculate mathematics.

But in general it's the same, we will work as they will do.

What bothers me most is the absence of a debugger, code formatting and visual testing with step-by-step mode in both directions to see why it works this way although it should, etc.

An unlimited number of parameters in iCustom would be nice, or pass them as a string array.

diakin >> :

It's still going to be a mess. Full support for MQL4 functional approach + classes from MQL5.

How can you be so sure? FP and OOP are combined in C++, and they are not all paradigms implemented by that language. My tongue (my own ;) ) won't turn to say that C++ is mush.

The question is who to target - C programmers or "common traders". They all will not be satisfied at once.

On programmers of course. Non-programmers cannot be called full users of the language.

And in general it's the same, as they will do, so we will work.

Precisely, all the more so because they promise backward compatibility.

What bothers me most is the absence of a debugger, code formatting, and visual testing with step-by-step mode in both directions to see why it works that way, when it should work otherwise.

A little inconvenience, but manageable.

Integer >> :
It would be nice to be able to have an unlimited number of parameters in iCustom or pass them as a string array.

So, what prevents you from passing your format and passing all the parameters as one string? And on the receiving side, you can parse. XML. All in all, there is plenty of room for imagination.

I don't know if it was, but I wish it was possible to connect the tester's 'input flow' to other feeds, to generate different patterns, random series, etc.

And it would be very nice to use Windows Crypto Providers to generate random numbers rather than time based algorithms.

The saying:As it happens, MT is not just a trading terminal, but a rather powerful environment for technical analysis and development of trading "gadgets" ....

--

A suggestion: When using the genetic algorithm of the optimizer it is far from always possible to find the best option. On the one hand it is clear that using this mechanism to some extent implies sacrificing quality in favor of speed. But I think it might be better. I regularly encounter, stumbling on some positive option optimizer spins around it without making "enough effort" to find other options or maybe a better option. For the optimizer, internal parameters have a certain quality / speed ratio. In some cases it's enough, in some cases not, and in some cases it's too much. Is there any way to add flexibility to genetic algorithm by selecting the "quality/speed" parameter in the advanced settings, with some fixed settings, which will be followed by corresponding internal parameters of optimizer.

I certainly understand that it's not at the stage of optimization that the system's profit is set).

ZY2. I hope the crisis will not affect the development of MQL5.

I HOPE WE WILL NOT BE AFFECTED BY THE CRISIS WHEN WE DEVELOP MQL5. Where do I get beta-testers?)

ZY3. Where do I get beta testers?) +1!

I need the code writing background to be in vertical stripes. I'm completely confused with the blocks. I can't keep my eyes open, I have to put a ruler on the monitor. :)

coaster >> :
I need the code writing background to be in vertical stripes. I'm completely confused about the blocks. I can't keep my eyes open, I have to put a ruler on my monitor. :)

for this in VC: Ctrl+], Ctrl+[ - very useful feature

coaster >> :
I need the code writing background to be in vertical stripes. I'm completely confused about the blocks. I can't keep my eyes open, I have to put a ruler on my monitor. :)

Just need to make the indentation wider.

I'll write one more time for your ears :))Dynamic Arrays and Objects in MT5 )) I'm really tired of getting twisted in MT4 )))))