Wishes for MQL5 - page 114

api >> :

I am, in principle, also perplexed by your indignation.

No one is forcing you to download the history of all 500 instruments over 30 years.

I too have a pretty old computer (Celeron 1600, 80GB of Wind), but MT5 runs fine for me. For the tests I downloaded euro and pound from 1999. And for that I had to spend 20 minutes on the tool. Basically - negative impression of downloading method: you switch on monthly chart and stupidly press <Home> for all 20 minutes. I can imagine how much trouble you would have to go through to download 500 tools in 30 years! :-)))))

I mean, it would be hard to download all that stuff even by accident. And you won't pump it by accident. An example - I have the yen and the franc.

Here's a catalogue with history:

hmm... That's how misconceptions are formed with a pitch...

But just to clarify the issue, I'll give you the parameters of my current machine

and a 240 GB drive

But that's not the point!

I guess for many people W98 is very old times, almost prehistoric :)

At that time my computer was very good - how could it be! "what a time we live in" - I don't remember exactly, but everything was measured in Megabytes, not Gigas. Compared to previous Kilobyte measures it was "super" :)))

Where was I going with this? Well, the clever one will know, eh.....

Coming back to your picture, I would like to pay more attention to EURUSD and GBPUSD.

The argument about testing is flawed!

I gave up on the tester seven years ago.

But if someone uses a tester, does that make them right? :)))))))))))

avtomat писал(а) >>

Going back to your picture, I would like to pay closer attention to EURUSD and GBPUSD.

GBP.

avtomat писал(а) >>

The argument about testing is flawed!

I gave up on the tester seven years ago.

But if someone uses a tester, does that make them right? :)))))))))))

There are all sorts of things.

A competently written EA shows almost the same results on history as it does in real trading.

The difference may be only depending on external factors: the quality of Internet connection, greediness of brokerage companies, etc.

P.S. It is true that not all algorithms can be written "competently". But this only means that some part of the Expert Advisors cannot be tested on history. But it also does not mean that other EAs cannot be tested by this tester.

Absolutely right!

But it also does not mean that we should force everyone (everyone!!!) to download absolutely useless hundreds of megabytes of minute history just to please a small group of people who test their EAs.

And a strategy that obviously depends on the 1 minute TF, let alone one that is based on the 1 minute TF, cannot be called a strategy...

Yes, it's a strange argument. The other extreme worries me: if (hopefully!) MT will finally be able to work with stock exchanges, the lack of tick history, which is available on other platforms, is a big disadvantage. I may download ticks (anything) of mamba or rts at any time and run them in metas or omega till I am blue in the face. It's TA programs, you say. Uh-huh. But it also goes without saying in a quickie. And MT is an aggregate of a trading platform, automation and analysis tools. And even more. In this I saw its undoubted advantage over others.

But what to do with ticks? I'm sure it's all unnecessary for kitchens. But I don't need MT in that use as it is now - but when it enters normal exchanges, then how?

api писал(а) >>

Pound.

There. Now critically we have to look at this picture and ask ourselves, "Is this approach optimal?", "Is this approach rational?"

Now the history by month covers the period since 1988 - this is really useful and necessary information - but exactly as a history by month!!! - and it needs 12KB of space.

How much rubbish would have to be pumped out to form this history out of minutes???

avtomat писал(а) >>

"And now we have a normal minute story - and that makes you happy" - you do and you are happy. But most people see it as unnecessary rubbish, rubbish, absolutely useless ballast. Although, what is it to you, the unwise...

I wonder who is counting the majority?

If someone is not happy with something, they often start talking about the majority.

Not all of course, but many so refer to the majority.

Are you saying the opposite? That most people need THIS?

It's necessary. In fact, many people need a history of ticks. And that's not 10 meg per year. Count the number of ticks per year and their volume. A year's volume will be measured in gigabytes.