How much does it cost to write a "complex" EA? - page 39

AndyGri:

Mr. Niebuhr, a few questions for you here, so as not to cause a flurry at the Bettor. On the Championship forum you highlighted your excellent manual work on an Alpari demo account using Elliott Waves analysis. You also complained about the lack of time to write an EA using your strategy. So ... questions:

1. How do you see Elliott Waves when each trade takes 5-10 min? On ticks? Are they there and do they work there?

Waves are there on all timeframes, and on ticks as well.How do I see waves? I just look at the charts in the monitor. :)

2. How do you have time to identify or mark out waves, if any, when your hands and head are busy pipsing the account?

The brain performs millions of operations per second...

The market has a fractal structure. The main property of fractals is self-similarity, i.e. patterns that form

on hourly or daily timeframesare "drawn" on one-minute timeframes as well.The only difference between patterns forming

on theminute and day timeframes is a scale, i.e. if a pattern is formed on the minute chart, its wavelength may

thesame figure made onthe daily chart will have a wavelength of about 100-150 pips.

(The wave length depends on the type of the figure).

How do I manage to determine? The figures are invariable and repeat on all periods, I look at the chart and determine which figure can be formed.

3. How may a series of 16 losses or more than fifty profitable operations occur during manual trading? You think with your head, not with your Expert Advisor. Not a very long series for manual trading? You cannot make a mistake 16 times in a row.

Even Expert Advisors make mistakes, not to mention manual trading.;-)

4. You say that you do not have time to write an EA, but at the same time you are sitting in the forex market 24 hours a day, and even on a virtual account. What is the catch? What is the point of killing time on the virtual account without making money? You have long ago formed a sample, so that you could gain confidence in the strategy. Why not work on the real market, even with 100 quid? With such results, you and your start-up capital will become a millionaire by Valentine's Day :)

I don't have enough free time and I don't have enough programming skills yet.

Trading on the demo is different from trading on the real. A year ago I lost $10K on the real account.

Emotions prevent me from making the right decision at the right time!

My strategy has improved dramatically during this year, but I still have psychological "residue".

But the psychological "residue" is still there. I think that the program should trade - it doesn't think, and strictly follows the algorithm.

5. Are you human? :) Judging by the bill, you do not need worldly needs - you do not need food, sleep, digestive waste disposal, etc.

No, android.

7. When are you going to stop overloading the Batter's thread with floods?

When the scroll on your mouse finally breaks :)))

I'll either freak out or my mouse scroll will break :)

I'll either freak out or break the scroll on my mouse :) :) :)

Good luck and good trends! :)

NYROBA:
The market has a fractal structure. The main property of fractals is self-similarity, i.e. patterns which are formed
on hourly or daily timeframes are also "drawn" on minute ones. The only difference between patterns forming
on the minutes and on the days is the scale...
What is curious, the self-similarity of fractals is under active discussion in the adjacent threads, and almost in the same expressions.
I suspect that the well-read Alex is using this explanation as another excuse.
The real strategy will not be declared, it may turn out to be very simple.
This may also explain his unwillingness to automate
How do you automate Hakobian?

P.S.
It is nice that Alex has returned to his theme, leaving "Better's - Better's". The intrigue and provocativeness will not become less from this,
as long as the last demo is afloat. If he maintains and multiplies it, references to multiple accounts will fall away
on their own.

:)

NYROBA:
granit77:
NYROBA:
The market has a fractal structure. The main property of fractals is self-similarity, i.e. patterns which are formed on
on hourly or daily timeframes are also "drawn" on minute ones. The only difference between patterns forming
on the minutes and on the days is the scale...
What is curious, the self-similarity of fractals is actively discussed in the adjacent threads, and almost in the same words.
I suspect that the well-read Alex is using this explanation as another excuse.
The real strategy will not be declared, it may turn out to be very simple.
The Expert Advisor may perform well at certain times on selected pairs. This may also explain his unwillingness to automate
How do you automate Hakobian?

P.S.
Nice to have Alex back in his thread, leaving Better's to Better's. The intrigue and provocativeness won't get any less from this,
as long as the last demo is afloat. If he maintains and multiplies it, references to multiple accounts will fall away
on their own.

If you don't have a trading strategy, there's nothing to do in forex! :)

No matter how many accounts you have opened 1, 10, 100 or even 1000, you will withdraw them all.

If you have a strategy, no matter if it's simple or complicated, as long as it is profitable,

then one account is enough for you.

s.w. Wave theory, especially the Neely method, is not that easy to understand, which is why many

get frustrated with it before they fully understand it.

Regards,

Alex Niroba

NYROBA:
:)

Alex, please send me the file again, I still haven't received it :(

NYROBA:
...If you have a strategy, whether it's simple or complex, as long as it's profitable, then one account is enough for you...
I am glad that our opinions are almost identical. I do not insist on the simplicity of the strategy, I admit it.
The simplicity of a profitable strategy does not compromise it in any way.
As for maintaining one account, that is the only way to prove the validity of the strategy, and no one
By the way, I don't need thousands of percent, I'm convinced of the stability of one account.
By the way, stable work on one demo account without chasing the interest can bring additional benefits:
- it allows you to refine your strategy to be compatible with the requirements of a real brokerage company.
- Stable results will help to overcome a psychological barrier for the transition to the real account.

In general, keep this account slowly, and you will be happy, and we will be happy!

granit77 писал (а): I don't insist on the simplicity of the strategy, I admit it.
Those who have first-hand knowledge of Glenn Neely's work can hardly call it very simple... :)))

Red.Line писал (а):

;-)

Figar0:
Red.Line wrote (a):

;-)

:))

Red.Line писал (а):
Figar0:
Red.Line wrote (a):

Alex, please send me the file again, I still haven't received it! :(

;-)

:))

You've got the wrong address, for Christ's sake! :)))))))))