expert based on Elliott Wave Theory - page 10

Yurixx:
Mathemat:

God grant me a year to do it!

Well, now at least it's clear how much work to expect. ... Dear Integer, Yurixx, aren't you scared yet?

When Alex first published a year and a half ago, he told me that he has a great strategy that allowed him to turn $150 into $2 million in 2 months by hypothetical trading and manually calculating on a calculator, of course, I did not believe him. Not that he did it, but that it could be implemented in real life. I wouldn't believe even a 100 times smaller result.

However, like any sane person, I understood that Alex had a strategy. Whether it was formalizable or not, whether it worked or not, whether it was correct or not was unknown. And the only way to find out is through practice. Therefore I am waiting with interest for Alex, alone or with the help of others, to achieve this same practice.

Since I myself have been developing my own approach all this time and he, strangely enough, also deals with graphic objects, I can imagine the difficulties of that path. :-)) And for the same reason I suggested Alex should teach me to program the Expert Advisor himself. And I intended to limit the work on the Expert Advisor to development of specific blanks that would form the backbone of the future Expert Advisor in that part, whose formalization is unquestionable, and that would give him the necessary programming experience.

Somehow it seems to me that no programmer (if any) will reach the end of the work. :-))) And Alex, being a very ambitious person, won't quit his job. That's why the best thing for him is to be able to write and understand MQL by himself. Even if he won't do it himself, he'll need it for effective transfer of the results of previous programmer's work to the next one.

2 NYROBA wrote: And now think about it, a whole year of correspondence by mail, no one has enough patience!!! That's why I decided that there's no better way than personal communication.

Alex, think of a compromise. Even Moscow programmers will not work (except in the state) in your wonderful office. Everyone prefers to work at his favorite place. That's why it's better to combine: 2-3 days session in person, 2-3 months of remote work with communication by mail and ICQ, then - at the beginning of the cycle. :-)

OK, I'll think about it. :)

Кто-то пытался войти с Вашим именем пользователя и неверным паролем более пяти раз. 
Лицо, пытавшееся войти, используя Вашу учётную запись, действовало со следующего IP адреса: 70.86.138.114

I got this message today.

Yeah, well, you don't get bored, though... :)))

NYROBA:
Кто-то пытался войти с Вашим именем пользователя и неверным паролем более пяти раз. 
Лицо, пытавшееся войти, используя Вашу учётную запись, действовало со следующего IP адреса: 70.86.138.114

It's not from our forum (we've checked and obviously banned this IP address). This IP address is used by a password picker which tries to log in to the forum engines vBulletin and phbb.

This IP address and the password catcher have been reported on other forums.

Renat:
NYROBA:

This is not from our forum (we have checked and explicitly banned this IP address). This IP address is used by a password picker which tries to log in to the forum engines vBulletin and phbb.

This IP address and the password catcher have been reported on other forums.

I'm not accusing anybody and have nothing against the forum. :0)

I was just surprised to get such a message.

Regards,

Alex Niroba

I read the thread with great interest. It seems to me that only Nyroba has an approximate idea of the scale of the work and the labour involved.

The point is that such a system can be done in the first approximation in 2 years and then it is still to be refined and developed for a lifetime. But it can be made only one out of a hundred programmers or even out of thousand during 2 years. This is when you work 12-16 hours a day with practically no days off. And only if they get a suite, personal chauffeur, cook, masseur and secretary. Believe me, I am not joking - the Grail is too serious thing for amicosity.

Now I will try to explain my theses in details. First, about the programmer. It is clear that no one will do, because half of the programmers simply do not understand what can be done on a computer and what not, and especially what should be done on it and what not. Many simply do not have enough skills and powder to create a working prototype, some elements of the system can be done and the entire project will be ruined. And now the most important thing: you need not only a coder, but a programmer who understands the subject area, i.e. not only knows the Elliott Theory, but has actually worked with it, has personally spent thousands of hours analyzing the waves and their calculation! A fanatic who would not ask who Neely was, but would quote him by heart. Oh, it would be hard to find such a person and drag him to Moscow... Well, there are some for sure, but without a chauffeur and a cook there will be no one to drive up on a lame goat. :-) True, the game is worthwhile, and the cost of programmer will disappear like a 30-ruble coin in the glow of a diamond mountain.

Now, about the time costs and the expected results. Basic engine can be developed in six months, provided that the task is sufficiently algorithmic, or at least clearly formalized, again if the programmer is not weaker than the customer in EWA. First half of year will be spent for development of project itself (system structure, detailed specifications etc) - a hellish job and most responsible part, which programmers hate so much... Another year for the construction of the entire infrastructure, testing, revisions and rework. Total after a couple of years we can bid farewell with programmer at the farewell banquet and give him a bonus :-) Then you can either test the system on history, demo, and real money, or hire a tester. According to the testing results one may decide to use the system or become a manager. I hope Nyroba will succeed, and the latter is not a threat to him. Further development and improvement of the system is a never-ending process.

Regarding remote working. In principle, there is nothing wrong with it, and the most difficult - is the elementary discipline - get in touch on time, do not disappear, in time to send a piece of work or some report. Especially now it has all become easy. I remember, about 7 years ago I did one project with a very friendly gentleman from Boston (South Carolina) - email and ICQ, 8 months worked fine, and this despite my "outstanding" English (I was ashamed to be honest, but he didn't care - as long as my programs did what he asked).

So, dear Nyroba, try to find such a programmer as I wrote and agree to any of his conditions or whims, up to organizing a tour to the ISS. If you manage to make an expert who trades in real waves, then just buy yourself this ISS, however, what am I explaining, you know ...

ZS. Wrote all this not for the sake of self-interest, I'm just already involved in a similar project.

Well, there's finally one more person besides NYROBA (and maybe a couple of other wave-goers) who truly understands the difficulty of the task...

Mathemat:
Well, at last there is one more person besides NYROBA (and maybe Yurixx), who really understands the difficulty of the problem...

Ideally, I think that such system should be semi-automatic on EWA, i.e. functions of pattern recognition should be left to a wave-analyst, and the whole routine of calculation of bounce and projections, wave counting and maintaining multiple alternative markings should be assigned to the program; it should trace the orders, move stops, follow MM, etc... The analyst has to make decisions in cases where EWA was not formalized to the end, and if the system offers several valid layouts - to poke the finger at the most promising.

A colleague in the lab was asked to develop a system for automated layout of a newspaper, future articles and photos were fed into one folder, their volume was automatically calculated, and the required space was determined; the size of the articles was either made according to the golden ratio, or the proportion was clearly specified in the header of the file... Then, according to the priorities, all these straightforward notes had to be optimally placed on the newspaper space. I advised him to use algorithms of radio elements on the board and he was successful. The program produced a lot of solutions, from which several sub-optimal ones were chosen, and the editor simply chose the most suitable one by his criteria. If I'm not mistaken, this program is still in use in the editorial office.

I am not the first radio engineer to be seriously interested in the market. Interestingly, the transition to market analysis seems to be quite natural for these experts. Probably because fundamental theoretical training implies the ability to analyse a noisy signal and isolate the signal itself from it.

Dedushka:
Mathemat:
Well, there's finally one more person besides NYROBA (and maybe Yurixx) who truly understands the difficulty of the task...

I thank you for the quote, but I can hardly claim to have any concrete idea of the scale of the work. I can only imagine its enormity in general terms, but that's enough. :-))

But your previous post, while generally agreeing with your position, raised a few questions for me.

And now about the main thing, you need not a simple coder, but a programmer, who understands the subject area, i.e. not only someone familiar with the Elliott Theory, but who has actually worked with it, who has personally spent thousands of hours for the analysis of waves and their calculation! A fanatic who would not ask who Neely is, but would quote him by heart.

If such a person exists, does he need NYROBA and why hasn't he done it all so far ? The thing is, Alex claimed a year and a half ago that he hadn't come up with anything new. He just put together something positive from a number of things known to everyone. As far as I'm concerned, that's not entirely true. I have to assume Alex has learned to think in EWA categories and, as a result, sees behind those waves what others don't see. But there's no way to cram that into the program. Unless you can teach the programmer to think in the same way. But even that may not be enough - after all, it can be something that cannot be done on a computer.

Admittedly, the game is worth playing, and the cost of the programmer will disappear like a 30 rubles piece of paper in the glow of a diamond mountain.

That is only if you don't have to retrain as a manager. :-))

So in a couple of years you can kiss the programmer goodbye at a farewell banquet and give him a bonus.

This is only if the programmer doesn't leave earlier, no matter what the reason is: disappointed in the problem, losing confidence in the possibility of solving it, or learn to think in terms of EWA. Or for family reasons - getting married, for example. What do you do then? Search for a second one of the same kind?

But these questions are rhetorical. You don't have to answer them.

As far as I understand, the meaning of your post: "Don't count on me". The meaning of mine: "Got it". :-)))