expert based on Elliott Wave Theory - page 8

NYROBA:
Yurixx:

Come and stay with me. Let's say, for a month. This is enough to finalize the algorithm (if it's even possible), and to write an Expert Advisor and teach you how to program in MQL4, if not perfectly, then well enough to write your own code afterwards.

If you are interested in this offer, write to us.

Yurixx, good idea about the tutor:)
How much do you value your labour?

The standard rate for tutoring 10 years ago was $5 an hour. Now I don't even know.
But it doesn't matter. For you, Alex, I will do it for free. The other conditions are as follows:
1. Classes 2 times a day, morning and afternoon, 2 hours each.
2. One weekend a week.
3. The duration of the course is at my discretion, but no more than one month.
4. If you see fit to pay me for my labour, I will accept with gratitude and without objection any amount.
5. I reserve the right to interrupt these lessons at any time if I feel that your attitude
to me personally or to the subject, as well as in standard force majeure circumstances (earthquake, flood,
war, etc.).

Yurixx:
NYROBA:
Yurixx:

Come and stay with me. Let's say, for a month. This is enough to finalize the algorithm (if it's even possible), and to write an Expert Advisor and teach you how to program in MQL4, if not perfectly, then well enough to write your own code afterwards.

If you are interested in this offer, write to us.

Yurixx, good idea about the tutor:)
How much do you value your work?

The standard rate for tutoring 10 years ago was $5 an hour. Now I don't even know.
But it doesn't matter. For you, Alex, I'll do it for free. The other conditions are as follows:
1. Classes 2 times a day, morning and afternoon, 2 hours each.
2. One weekend a week.
3. The duration of the course is at my discretion, but no more than one month.
4. If you see fit to pay me for my labour, I will accept with gratitude and without objection any amount.
5. I reserve the right to interrupt these lessons at any time if I find your attitude
to me personally or to the subject, as well as in standard force majeure circumstances (earthquake, flood,
war, etc.).

Comrade teacher, do you have to wear a school uniform?

NYROBA:

Comrade teacher, don't you have to wear a school uniform?

You see, Alex, what an inadequate reaction you're having. Did my answer offend or offend you in any way?
Maybe I retracted my words, didn't deliver what I promised? Or did I ask for a hefty price?

Yes, no. I just gave a straightforward and specific answer to a straightforward question. I mean, I did the very thing you haven't been able
for the last eight pages. And not only can't you give a person a motive to work for you.
even a motive to come to an interview with you.

Look for the cause of your inadequate response in your overinflated, painful, red-hot self.
If you are offended by this phrase, it only confirms that I am right. If it doesn't, congratulations, you've made
the right conclusions.

By the way, Alex, "free of charge for you" is purely out of willingness to help an old acquaintance. We've known each other for almost

for a year and a half. And I have left you free to settle your debts in good conscience if you wish and not to feel indebted afterwards.

in debt afterwards. What's got you so twisted?

Yurixx:
Alex, you see how inadequate your reaction is. Are you offended or insulted by anything in my answer?
Maybe I retracted my words, broke my promise? Or did I ask for a hefty price?

Yes, no. I just gave a straightforward and specific answer to a straightforward question. That is, I did the very thing that you cannot
do for the past 8 pages. And not only can't you give a person a motive to work for you, but
even a motive to come to an interview with you.

Look for the reason for your inadequate response in your exorbitantly inflated, sickly, red-hot self.
If you are hurt by this phrase, it only confirms my rightness. If not - congratulations, you make
the right conclusions.

By the way, Alex, "free for you" is purely out of a willingness to help an old acquaintance. We've known each other for almost

for a year and a half. And I have left you free to settle your debts in good conscience if you wish and not to feel indebted afterwards.

in debt afterwards. What's got you so twisted?

Yurixx, it's nothing personal.

You don't want to go anywhere... if I understand you correctly.

Read carefully, I can't and frankly I don't want to go anywhere either, I won't work by post.

I think I described my offer in detail. If something is not clear, write on the mail.

All who were interested wrote and got a detailed detailed answer.

I am ready to discuss all the issues on the participation in the project at a personal meeting, including the financial side.

Yours faithfully,

Alex Niroba

NYROBA:

You don't want to go anywhere... if I understand you correctly.

Why, Alex, will you pay my travel, accommodation and travelling expenses?

Or do you think I should take care of your problems at my own expense? :-))

Alex, it's nothing personal. It's just that despite the details of your description I haven't found an answer to these questions anywhere.

Oh, NYROBA, I didn't spare myself and looked through all your posts in that gigantic thread. It's yours and only yours, although there's a lot there that's just as interesting. Here's what I found (not counting several, to put it mildly, not very good predictions; well, everything is clear there, because predictions are a thankless business):

All the figures have the same geometrical structure irrespective of their scale, and the eye recognizes and distinguishes from the monowave flow standard and non-standard Elliott figures by training. The idea was to write a program which would recognize in time the formed figures,

Elliott shape analysis is not implemented in an autobot for a week or even a month of coding, that's for sure. Especially if the supposed coder is not familiar with EWP neither in Prechter's variant, nor in Neely's variant, nor at least in Miner's variant...

Alex Niroba 05.01.07 19:27
I'm only now beginning to understand that I'm a bit too far from writing a working indicator or advisor... :)))

Yep, that was realised in January. Has anything changed? Still under illusions about its feasibility in a month?

I already have some experience of working on the real account, unfortunately for me it is negative :(
Trading hands on the demo is different from trading on the real! I assure you that with full responsibility! :)))
If you are able to get 1,5-2 thousand per month on demo, for example, it does not mean that the same thing will be on the real account. I used to think: "What's the difference between demo and real? ...last month, I changed my mind. Psychology, my ass...

No, it's hard to fall for that kind of crap now.
So, I can trust the trade only to the artificial intelligence, as sad as it sounds AD.
I would not give a shit about the program, it does not care about craps, and since it does not care about them,
so it should trade much more efficiently than my hands :))))))

Yeah, I see a definite evolution, progress is clear. One thing I don't agree with though: robots are usually much less efficient than the same thing by hand. Simply because not everything we see with our eyes and consider obvious can be just as easily and unambiguously algorithmised.

Alex Niroba 11.01.07 19:23
I wanted to see the best result Rich got in the 1st place https://www.mql5.com/ru/users/Rich/
P.S. It's sad...

This is the illustration of the problems of automation. True, not very convincing, because Rich's system itself is clearly unstable, and he clearly stated it (92% drawdown on the tested period).

To write a really working strategy, you need to understand all the details, not to mention the main points. The principles inherent in my strategy, which I "understand and apply by hand", are very difficult to explain to a programmer in words. I have already encountered this, so it's probably faster to learn the programming language myself :))).

This was written by you on February 6, 2007. All the details are not only wave figures, but also Fibo (both by price and by time, and on several TFs at the same time), and perhaps cyclic analysis, etc. etc. And then there are, for example, intermarket correlations... Are you still hoping to explain all this to a coder who is not familiar with EWP?

I've been writing my EA for probably half a year with interruptions. And I'm not in a hurry, since many ideas need to be solved in my brain. And there is no Elliott, only Fibo. And this, you understand, is only a part of EWP...

And there's no Elliott, just Fibo....

Mathemat, i am also suffering with Fibo with interruptions, if you want we can communicate, here is my e-mail address Jhonnyfx[at]mail[dot]ru.
Of course all this is still mostly just an indicator of actual Fibo levels, there are a few Expert Advisors, but they are still in their embryonic state.

Mathemat:
Elliott figure analysis is not implemented in an autobot in a week or even a month of coding, that's for sure. Especially if the intended coder is not familiar with EWP in either the Prechter or Neely variants, or at least the Miner variant...

I think it's a lot easier than reading Neely's book;-)

Jhonny:

And there's no Elliott, just Fibo....

Mathemat, i am also suffering with Fibo with interruptions. If you have a desire we can communicate, here is my e-mail address Jhonnyfx[at]mail[dot]ru.
Of course all this is still mostly just an indicator of actual Fibo levels, there are a few Expert Advisors, but they are still in their embryonic state.

Mathemat, I'm interested in this too. I didn't understand it before, but since some point I realized I can't do without it, if I want to do something useful. The latest push came from DiNapoli's books. I'm still trying to make sense of them. I think everything is clear, but when I look at the chart I am not sure how to use levels, based on what principle. There are several approaches depending on if the level is support or resistance, if it is breaking through or only testing, etc. There are many variants. I have not yet come up with a method of using them. It's kind of complicated. But it needs to be. Have you had any success?

My opinion is that the big players always place orders at these levels and as a consequence, at any movement of these levels leave a mark on the charts, the only thing to do is to stick to these guys. To do this we need to find the levels where traders are most likely to place their orders.

Trying to use logic and Fibonacci numbers I built the following indicator

Visually for a couple of months of monitoring I can say levels are defined rather precisely, in my opinion 80% of levels rebound to lower order and some part is a start for continuation of previous movement.