expert based on Elliott Wave Theory - page 4

solandr:
I think that your investors themselves don't really care how you implement it. Whether you buy some mainframes for calculations and rent a posh office in the centre of Moscow, or just correspond in person with a programmer - they don't care at all. They are also the least interested in the source code of your future expert. The only thing they are interested in is that in the promised time your strategy starts generating a profit, exceeding the bank interest on deposits.

The office and equipment are provided by investors. Of course, they do not care how it will all be implemented.
! But I do care. I want to personally participate not only in the development, but also in the implementation of the strategy.
For me it is a good opportunity to understand MQL4 and to practice programming.

Regards,
Alex Niroba

Yurixx:
That's it, we are slowly pulling out the details of interest from Alex.
Now it is finally clear what is offered to the programmer as a motivating interest to do the job - a business partnership. But not money for work, and not even the opportunity to use the created MTS for himself personally, as Alex "is not going to sell his strategy". I guess we're talking about some sort of equity stake in the business Alex is going to create. Yeah, tempting, sure. :-(

Alex, you probably don't know, but here on the forum 9 out of 10 people who need a programmer's help offer as payment the future product - i.e. an expert that will turn out. And not a share, but the whole thing. In Lewis Carroll's "Alice in Wonderland", this method of calculation is called "jam for tomorrow". There are seldom people here who want to eat it. Would it suit you, the sales manager, if the customer said: "I will pay with the proceeds from the use of your product"?

The matter is further complicated by the fact that, as you write, the TC still needs to be "fine-tuned into an algorithm". And this is not the job of the programmer, but of the project manager, i.e. generally speaking yours. If you have not done it so far, maybe it cannot be algorithmized at all? After all, not every hand trading experience can be turned into an algorithm, and you've had plenty of time for that.

What am I getting at? Because solandr has given you one more valuable tip (see above). And you still do not want to listen to anyone and give "detailed explanations". only after someone has taken it on. (ha! without knowing what for). Alex, you are not a seller here but a buyer ! In forex this offer is called Bid and until you name your Bid you can only count on a miracle.

Yurixx, you are rushing things as usual. Don't be in a hurry to share "the skin of an unkilled bear".
See above: all the terms, including payment, I am ready to discuss in person.
I have offered you, and if I got it right, you do not want to participate in this project.
Why go to waste? :0)

solandr:
NYROBA:
I've written before, on a parallel thread, that I work as a sales manager and do Forex in my spare time.
Judging by the posts on the forums, I think you must be a very successful sales manager.
<skip>.
solandr, free advice: try not to get involved with Muscovites. Not that kind of contingent. They have somewhat distorted notions of honour, duty and work.

Yurixx wrote (a):
Now it is finally clear what is offered to the programmer as a motivating interest to do the job - a business partnership. But not money for work, and not even the opportunity to use the MTS created for himself,

Probably, the personal use of MTS is already impossible to control, because the programmer who fully implemented the idea, can somehow use it if he wants - even if they run him naked into the office and take him back naked, checking the contents of his rectum on the way out ... And these risks should be perfectly clear to the client, shouldn't they?

Yurixx wrote (a):
The case is further complicated by the fact that [...] TC still need to "fine-tune the algorithm". And it's not the programmer's job, but the project manager's, i.e. generally speaking yours. If you have not done it so far, maybe it cannot be algorithmized at all ? After all, not every hand trading experience can be turned into an algorithm, and you've had plenty of time for that.

Here I totally agree with Yurixx: it is not programmer's job but customer's. Especially if it is Neely's.

I've got a book by Neely at home since 2004. After my initial acquaintance with Prechter and subsequent translations by Balan and Bolton (both on Spider) I never got around to reading it seriously, but just glanced through it diagonally.

I'm not saying it's impossible to read it. I just think that formalizing at least part of this inspired work into a robot algorithm may be extremely difficult task - if at all feasible: I've seen very messy markups of "serious" wave software like EWA3 - and this software probably has many man-hours of work put into it. So there are serious algorithmic problems waiting for you here, Alex.

Nevertheless, I don't think it's impossible to trade on Neely manually. If you want my assessment of these difficulties in implementing the robot - write me an email to the one mentioned in my profile. Even though I consider myself a Muscovite, my notions of honour, duty and work are normal.

NYROBA wrote (a):
If the program will bring at least the same profit as hand trading, then why not use it for real?

Hehe. If the robot will bring at least 20% of what you get with your hands, then why not use it for real? 8000 pips*20% = 1600 for a couple of months. I haven't heard of such stable robots, to be honest.

rebus писал (а):
solandr
free advice: try not to get involved with Muscovites. Not the right kind of people. Their notions of honour, duty and work are somewhat distorted.

To rebus
Bad personal experience?
You cannot, without knowing the person, hang labels.
At the very least, it is indecent.

Mathemat:
It is probably impossible to control personal use of MTS, because a programmer who has fully implemented the idea can somehow use it if he wants - even if he gets naked in the client's office and comes back naked, checking the contents of his rectum on the way out... And these risks should be well understood by the client, shouldn't they?

Mathemat, of course! I will personally use rubber gloves to make sure that, God forbid,
God forbid, no secrets were taken away, especially in the very place you mention.

Before we get completely docked, a question: Is it possible to adjust the strategy to a risky, aggressive pipsetting not on the real, but only on the demo? The question is not just a question. It is possible with a pushy entry or with all the guts.

And decided to add, but controversially: MTS does not reduce, but increases the risk of working on any strategy. Read the forum carefully - the most complex EAs, with a lot of backups and add-ons, require constant attention, maintenance and management. That is, they are in fact semi-automatic. And run the program and forget it shreds itself - most likely, the dream of an unscared Russian idiot - this is just a dream, beautiful, butunrealistic. Otherwise it will be: MTS = Can + Only + Spill.

rebus:
solandr, free advice: try not to get involved with Muscovites. Not that kind of contingent. They have somewhat distorted notions of honour, duty and work.

Taak. Moscow, though dusty and dirty and... - But still the western outskirts, i.e. part of Khimki, where I stay, and with pleasure! And as a hometown patrriot I would ask without insinuations, pliz!

Bookkeeper:

Before we get completely docked, a question: Is it possible to adjust the strategy to a risky, aggressive pipsetting not on the real, but only on the demo? The question is not just a question. It is possible with a pushy entry or with all the guts.

And decided to add, but controversially: MTS does not reduce, but increases the risk of working on any strategy. Read the forum carefully - the most complex EAs, with a lot of backups and add-ons, require constant attention, maintenance and management. That is, they are in fact semi-automatic. And run the program and forget it shreds itself - most likely not possible, the dream of an unscared Russian idiot - it is only a dream, beautiful, butunrealistic. Otherwise it will be: MTS = Can + Only + Spill.

Why not, I think it is possible. First of all we need to write an indicator and use it as a base to model Expert Advisors.
In any case, before the real trade the trader must test various trading styles, both "aggressive" and not very aggressive, and select the best ones.
By minimizing the risks, I mean that in the worst case, the Stop Loss should close the position at NULL.

For now it does not matter if the Expert Advisor is full or semi-automatic, the main thing is that it works :0)

Bookkeeper:
rebus:

Ta-rah. Moscow, though dusty and dirty and... - But still the western outskirts, i.e. part of Khimki, where I stay, and with pleasure! And as a hometown patrriot I would ask without insinuations, pliz!
Bookkeeper, I was passing through Khimki today, I had to go to Sheremetyevo for work.
Traffic was jammed on Leningradka as usual, so I lost an hour... Do you work or live in Khimki?