NATURAL INTELLIGENCE as the basis of a trading system - page 78

PapaYozh:

Imagine I have CHF 1,000,000,000 and I need to convert that entire amount into JPY. Both currencies are freely convertible, my request will be granted (delivery within 3 banking days), but what happens to prices? In my opinion, the CHF will go up in price (as there will be less of it in circulation) and the JPY will go down in price.

To assert 100% is to be present "at the distribution". I was not present, so I don't dispute it, but I think differently. In this situation, you will by your actions increase the SPY on the JPY and decrease it on the CHF. How will the other participants react to such actions? It is up to you to decide. I will agree more with timbo.

Korey:

to Integer

Electroacupuncture. CGR is rubbish.

You could have used a one-pulse kirlian, but you can't get photographic material.

Electroencephalography is cooler :-)

Northrop is developing a subconsciously powered optical system
Northrop Grumman Corporation, one of the key companies in the US military defence industry, is developing a system of optical tracking devices. And there would be nothing interesting about it, if it were not for a few "buts".
Called the Cognitive Technology Threat Warning System, its initial purpose is to alert the warfighter to potential dangers. Its work is based not on determination of contours and silhouettes of enemies and military equipment, it is based on study of brain electrical activity through electroencephalogram. Electroencephalography enables qualitative and quantitative analysis of the functional state of the brain and its reactions to stimuli.
The system will work with subconsciousness and help to save so important seconds on the battlefield, separating the detection of threat from its recognition.
Brain activity will be measured by electrodes embedded in the helmet, linked to the optical component and recording the brain's electrical activity. The neural response of the operator (the person wearing the helmet) will "train" the software algorithms. The CTTWS will be refined through a "learning curve" so that the system will eventually display the most relevant threats, which may change depending on the mission. It is also possible to "tweak" the system for peaceful purposes.
The development has already won some scientific awards. At the moment, Northrop is best known for the B-2 bomber.

PapaYozh:

Once again, only slowly.

I send consecutive BUY orders (let it be consecutive 10 000 orders of 1000 lots each), they are satisfied, following your logic, the price goes up. Then I go out with SELL, and all is well. At whose expense?

Your reasoning is not about FOREX, but about the trading of securities.

Each successive order will be executed at a higher and higher price, because the price will constantly rise. When you begin to sell, the price will begin to fall, that is, each successive bid will be executed at an increasingly lower price. The result is that you buy high and sell low. The first bids in a buying series and the first bids in a selling series will be profitable, but your overall balance will be strongly negative.

PapaYozh:

Imagine I have 1,000,000,000 CHF, and I need to convert that entire amount to JPY. Both currencies are freely convertible, my bid will be satisfied (delivery within 3 banking days), but what will happen to prices? In my opinion, the CHF will go up in value (because there will be less of it in circulation) and the JPY will go down in value.

If you burn that 1,000,000,000 CHF, there will indeed be less CHF in circulation and the price will go up. And exchanging them for another currency won't make them less. On the contrary, in the past they were just lying there like a dead weight in a bank account, and now they are flooding the market - there is a lot of them, and as a result the price is going down.

The Chinese Central Bank has a huge stock of American dollars in its accounts. If China wanted to exchange them all for something else, the price of dollars would plummet, and with it the U.S. economy and the rest of the world, because there would be too many of them (dollars).

Xadviser:

Electroencephalography is cooler :-)

Northrop develops subliminal optical system
One of the key companies in the U.S. defense industry Northrop Grumman Corporation is developing an optical tracking system. And there would be nothing interesting about it, if it were not for a few "buts".
Called the Cognitive Technology Threat Warning System, its initial purpose is to alert the warfighter to potential dangers. Its work is based not on determination of contours and silhouettes of enemies and military equipment, it is based on study of brain electrical activity through electroencephalogram. Electroencephalography enables qualitative and quantitative analysis of the functional state of the brain and its reactions to stimuli.
The system will work with subconsciousness and help to save so important seconds on the battlefield, separating the detection of threat from its recognition.
Brain activity will be measured by electrodes embedded in the helmet, linked to the optical component and recording the brain's electrical activity. The neural response of the operator (the person wearing the helmet) will "train" the software algorithms. The CTTWS will be refined through a "learning curve" so that the system will eventually display the most relevant threats, which may change depending on the mission. It is also possible to "tweak" the system for peaceful purposes.
The development has already won some scientific awards. At the moment, Northrop is best known for the B-2 bomber.

They have long ago made it for diagnostics, and it was adjusted for business too.

It is a FATHER, but it is an option.

The electrode in the fighter's helmet will rub his face, not enough green. So it's the wrong electrode.
To make an electroencephalograph in its pure form is "a lot of boring", because you need either a reliable Faraday cage,
or a -100db band-pass filter, which are simply made on a Wien bridge, but it is difficult to tune.
"Oberon" has another name, EPR, and has the same relation to lochohodness as an aeroplane to a fence.

The panic meter will not save a soldier, at least mount it in his helmet, at least insert it into his goggle, but it's a grail for commanders.
The americans in particular use a casualty rate that affects personnel morale.
They have a constant of something like 5% at which they do not use further, because it is ineffective, and takes them to the rear.

So they need to know without counting whether this 5% has been reached or not yet.

timbo:

Each successive bid will be executed at a higher and higher price, as the price will constantly rise. When you start to sell, the price will start to fall, meaning that each successive bid will be executed at an increasingly lower price. The result is that you buy high and sell low. The first bids in a buying series and the first bids in a selling series will be profitable, but your overall balance will be very negative.

If you burn that 1,000,000,000 CHF, there will actually be less in circulation and the price will rise. And exchanging them for another currency will not make them less. On the contrary, in the past they were just lying there like a dead weight in a bank account, and now they are flooding the market - there is a lot of them, and as a result the price is going down.

The Chinese Central Bank has a huge stock of American dollars in its accounts. If China wants to exchange them all for something else, the price of the dollar will collapse, and with it the U.S. economy and with it the world economy, because there will be too many of them (dollars).

1. typical example from a securities exchange.

2. If you burn it, there will indeed be fewer units of money. But I don't understand how you are going to burn non-cash francs, because the majority of the money is non-cash.

3. The dollar example does not work, because the dollar not only fulfills the function of the national currency of the USA, but it also fulfills the function of the world currency (which they want to get rid of at the moment).

PapaYozh:

2. If you burn it, there will indeed be less units of money.

By the way, the central bank will not even know that there is less cash and will still account for the part thus destroyed in the M0 aggregate.

To timbo:

By the way, are you aware that the disposal of cash is done periodically? But they say they burn badly because of impurities and dyes, so "heating with money" is not the best way to heat money :)

PapaYozh:

By the way, are you aware that cash is recycled from time to time? But they say they burn badly because of impregnants and dyes, so "heating with notes" is not the best way to heat them :)

I'm even aware that many countries use plastic notes, to which the concept of "impregnation" does not apply. I just don't know what this has to do with the issue of price increases - an attempt to crush your opponent with intelligence?

PapaYozh:

1. typical example from a securities exchange.

2. If you burn it, there will indeed be less money. But I don't understand how you are going to burn non-cash francs, because the majority of the money is non-cash.

3. The dollar as an example does not work, because the dollar not only fulfills the function of the national currency of the USA, but it also fulfills the function of the world currency (which they want to get rid of at present).

1. The supply and demand ratio works the same everywhere.

2. The concept of non-cash money exists only in the BSSR. In the rest of the world, there is just money. If I wanted to burn some francs, any bank will gladly give it to me, and the amount in my account will be deducted.

3. The same thing will happen to any commodity if it becomes abundant. China drops its gold reserves, read "sell position" - gold falls, starts selling the euro - the euro collapses. China increases its consumption of fuel, which is a "buy position", and oil prices go up, because there is less fuel. The US lowers interest rates, which means dollars can be borrowed cheaper and the return on invested dollars becomes lower, investors start selling American dollars and buying Australian dollars since the rate in Australia is three times higher - there are more American dollars on the market and less Australian dollars - the price of USD goes down, AUD goes up.

The price is driven by supply and demand. That's all.

timbo wrote

Цену двигает спрос и предложение.

Next level: supply-demand is controlled by the skewer.

Korey:

Next level: supply-demand is controlled by the skewer.

If you're in a kitchen DC, yes.

If you're in a market, supply and demand are controlled by hundreds of thousands of skunkworkers. The good news is that they are never able to agree amongst themselves, and this ensures a fair price for all.