Comments and suggestions - page 6

pavel:
Can't comment on the second question yet - can't reproduce the problem.
I don't know how to help...
It's simple - I'm constantly re-reading _all_ threads on the forum. And sometimes, opening each unread thread in a new window once again (I can tell by the indicators), I stumble upon the fact that I've already read the last post...

komposter:
pavel:
I can't comment on the second question yet - can't reproduce the problem.
I don't know how to help...
My problem is simple - I'm constantly re-reading _all_ topics in the forum. And sometimes, opening each unread topic in a new window (I can tell from the indicators), I come across the fact that the last post I read already...
Similarly - probably something to do with page caching.

komposter:
pavel:
I can't comment on the second question yet - we can't reproduce the problem.
Not sure how to help...
With me it's simple - I'm constantly re-reading _all_ topics on the forum. And sometimes, once again opening each unread topic in a new window (I can tell by the indicators), I stumble upon the fact that I've already read the last post...
I've noticed this phenomenon more than once too. It's hardly related to caching, because
Including the "Welcome to mcl4.com" thread.
On the user side, this thread hasn't been updated for a long time, so it's unlikely to get cached, much less to multiple users at the same time.

I've noticed this phenomenon more than once too.
It's
unlikely to be caching-related, because it
's not a browser caching problem. There is a special cache on top of the site engine which is glitching.

pavel:
We are unable to reproduce the problem. the cache is currently switched off.
It's possible someone is editing their post in a thread, so the thread is marked as unread. We'll fix this behaviour over the course of the day.
Unlikely....
There are only 10 posts in "Welcome..." and even then, half of them are mine =)
And it's been "updated" more than once.

Found another little glitch: there's an EA published in CodeBase, there are comments on it. Some of them are editorial, the rest are plain.
If I view the code in My Own mode, the comments don't fit on one page, while in standard mode, they do.

So, the link to the 2nd page with comments from the "My Own" mode leads to the common mode, but this page doesn't exist there.

The fact that the forum engine doesn't allow colourfully coloured posts is great.
But then why the text colour choice function at all?

Just responded, highlighted 2 characters in a quote in red - repainted back to black.
I.e. you can colour messages (even moderately) only for yourself - no one will see the result...

2 komposter

I noticed that too. But if you go into your post afterwards via edit and re-colour it, the result is saved with the colours.

PS

Implex, nice touch. :-) How is it ?

Yurixx:

Implex, cool gimmick. :-) How's that ?

How what?