Comments and suggestions - page 5

Stopped receiving notifications of new messages...
I haven't noticed when exactly, 2 days for sure, maybe more. Did you change anything there?)

pavel:
is the date so important that it needs to be displayed there? or is it to be able to sort by it?
and for sorting as well )

pavel:
is the date so important that it has to be displayed there, or is it to be able to sort by it?
I think the date is necessary. In my opinion, this is normal. You may enter the script for a week and it has 100 downloads, but the script has been lying for 3 months and has 120 downloads. You may easily estimate code popularity.

For sorting too.
Sorting in MQL4 Code Base table is not enough:
- by date,
- alphabetically
- by author
- by rating
- by number of downloads
- (Maybe more?)

For example, I liked the script Composter - I press sort and here they are on top of all his work. It would be convenient.

There are more suggestions like this.

1. Display screenshots in full size.
The way it is done today is not entirely satisfactory, because large screenshots displayed in reduced size do not show captions and small details. A picture should be displayed in full size, and reduced in size if its X size exceeds the size of the HTML table provided. It is desirable to inform users about optimum width of the image in pixels (you may put a small caption where "You may use formats...")

2. Display codes in a table with a lower scrool bar.
In the current implementation, if a line of code is larger than the screen width, the page width is increased. This doesn't seem convenient to me, it's convenient the way it's done in the main forum.

2. which is exactly what I have ;) I mean, horizontal scrolling

1. It's about the entire width of the screen not being fully utilised.
Here's an example. The width of the picture is 900pix. The fact that it is displayed in a reduced scale is understandable. However, the solution, which allows a blank area to the right of the compressed picture, seems unreasonable to me.
2. The same browser displays these 2 forums differently. That one is fine, this one is not. It's probably not the browser.
Files:
aaa.jpg  3 kb

pavel:
komposter:
Stopped receiving notifications of new posts...
I haven't noticed when exactly, 2 days for sure, maybe more. Did you change anything there?
We'll figure it out today.
The notifications are still not working ((

Maybe it's time to put a link on the main forum somewhere prominent, because many people don't even know about this resource.

pavel:
Have you received notification that a reply has been added to this thread?
no =(

The notifications are still not coming in....

Plus, topics that are actually read are constantly marked as unread.
Including the "Welcome to mcl4.com" thread.

And another suggestion: let's delete threads that have nothing of value in them.
This will make the forum archive less cluttered, and it will be easier to find useful information.