Failed forex strategies, opinions and reasoning. - page 4

Anton Zverev:

Martingale is just a method. Averaging in the right hands is a very profitable and long-lasting tool)

Can I bring you at least one profitable Expert Advisor that uses this very "profitable" and "quite durable" tool?

George Merts:
Can I cite at least one profitable EA that uses this most "profitable" and "quite durable" tool ?

I haven't seen it in the public domain. Just to give you the name.

Anton Zverev:

I haven't seen it in the public domain. I'll tell you the name of it.

And I haven't seen anything profitable at all with this very "profitable" tool.

Even on history.

If the TS is profitable on history with averaging, then it is profitable without averaging and without martin.

If the TS is unprofitable, neither averaging nor martin will save it.

It's better to really talk about normal strategies. I use Thomas Demark's "Sequenta" strategy in combination with volume and delta, it's quite workable. True, I only use the "setup" part of the strategy more signals, more interesting to work with.... I recommend!!!!

George Merts:

And I haven't come across anything profitable at all with this most 'profitable' tool.

Even on history.

If the TS is profitable on history with averaging, then it is profitable without averaging and without martin.

If the TS is unprofitable, neither averaging nor martin will save it.

Golden words, but the principle of averaging itself can be very useful and in some cases it improves the TS significantly

George Merts:
Can I cite at least one profitable Expert Advisor that uses this most "profitable" and "quite durable" tool?

I can... ;)"in skilful hands" = skilfully managing the MM.

Look at my participation inthe Automated Trading Championship 2010. It's all about averaging + smartMM.

What don`t you like?

Dimitar Manov:

Look at my participation inthe Automated Trading Championship 2010. It's all about averaging + smartMM.

What don`t you like?

You just confirm with your strategy - any averaging always leads to a loss ( Anyway, thanks for the explanations and explanations of the strategy)

Dimitar Manov:

What don`t you like?

Well, there is only one thing left to see how the same TS works without averaging. Besides, at the end there are very typical steps downwards. I suspect the graph won't be as pretty, but the result will come to approximately the same deposit value.

Mihail Marchukajtes:
more signals, more interesting to work with.... I recommend!!!!

Perhaps a strategy of more"indicator" signals could also be considered a failing strategy

Hi!

Not MM compliance ...