So who hasn't lived through the day ))) - page 9

Andrey Dik:

Look again at the GBPUSD minute chart carefully. On the very first bearish candle the spread is normal, normal at this time of day. In other words, this snot is not the shenanigans of the Dets with manipulation of spreads, it is the MARKET price (price at all brokers), which collapsed with lightning speed. And already on subsequent candles the spread has widened.

I believe that this is a systemic (independent of market participants) phenomenon and there can be no "investors sold the pound in panic" because there is no volume on this snub. This kind of snub can occur in any pair.

I looked again, carefully (honestly), and I didn't see anything but bids.) There is no spread))). Maybe you have one? Show me, I am very curious to see such a "miracle".

ratnasambhava:
I have been thinking. And here is what I have in mind.
Well, they would cite the spread, well, that it was 1000 at this point. The spread is floating, and there is no upper limit on it according to the contract, right? And they spit on their image when it comes to serious money (for example). And midmarket = (ask - bid) / 2 = market quote. And you can't prove anything there))

Now looked at the forum of our biggest DC.

One mentioned the spread and it was immediately made somewhere.

There was a low price from 1.11 to 1.1978: they were spreading ALL the time, in proportion to greed, and used it to form prices on charts when the closing price was trying to catch up with the quote. On the sly. Kind of like picking up stops with a hairpin. And here it was done using the spread. The whole thing lasted less than a minute. Is this a market quote? Or maybe NOT a market quote with a strong whiff of thimbles?

Something based on experience I can't add - been out of the market, my PAMM stayed alive. But by accident, so I am participating as there is no guarantee that I won't get caught in the mix next time.

Andrey Dik:

Look again at the GBPUSD minute chart carefully. On the very first bearish candle the spread is normal, normal at this time of day. In other words, this snot is not the shenanigans of the Dets with manipulation of spreads, it is the MARKET price (price at all brokers), which collapsed with lightning speed. And already on subsequent candles the spread has widened.

I believe that this is a systemic (independent of market participants) phenomenon and there can be no "investors sold the pound in panic" because there is no volume on this snub. This kind of snub can occur in any pair.

On low volumes, when there is no liquidity in the market, these "candles" (or "snivels", as you call them) are the easiest to "draw". Even I used to "draw" candlesticks on the Mosbirch in the 3rd tier stocks. There is no resistance. There are 3.5 traders sitting in the market, each with one order on each level. But that's the 3rd tier of the Russian stock market, and here is GBPUSD. There should not be such a liquidity crunch on the majors. Also, on the exchange, the charts are drawn at last transaction prices (last), not at bids. The spread can be whatever you want, but if there was no trade at that price and if the price of actual trades did not fall below the stop price, it is not correct to execute stop orders at such prices.

ratnasambhava:
Well, I looked again and carefully (honestly), and I did not see anything there apart from a bid)) There is no spread there))) Maybe you have? Show me, very curious to see such a "miracle".
This miracle is called MT5. Open the chart GBPUSD, in the window, select "volumes", put the cursor in the crosshair, point to the required candlestick, then in the window"Data window" you can see the data on the candlestick, pay attention to the spread, if there is no spread, then add it for display.

СанСаныч Фоменко:

Now looked at the forum of our biggest DC.

One mentioned the spread and it was immediately made somewhere.

There was a low price from 1.11 to 1.1978: they were spreading ALL the time, in proportion to greed, and used it to form prices on charts when the closing price was trying to catch up with the quote. On the sly. Kind of like picking up stops with a hairpin. And here it was done using the spread. The whole thing lasted less than a minute. Is this a market quote? Or maybe NOT a market quote with a strong whiff of thimbles?

Something based on experience I can't add - been out of the market, my PAMM stayed alive. But by accident, so I am participating as there is no guarantee that I won't get caught in the mix next time.

Do not fantasize. Read my previous posts, or open the terminal and look for yourself.

BlackTomcat:
On low volumes, when there is no liquidity in the market, these kinds of candlesticks (or snot, as you call them) are the easiest to "draw". Even I used to "draw" candles in the 3rd tier stocks on the Mosbirch. For there is no resistance. There are 3.5 traders sitting in the market, each with one order on each level. But that's the 3rd tier of the Russian stock market, and here is GBPUSD. There should not be such a liquidity crunch on the majors. Also, on the exchange, the charts are drawn at last transaction prices (last), not at bids. The spread can be whatever you want, but if there was no trade at that price and if the price of the actual trades did not fall below the stop price, it is not correct to execute stop orders at such prices.

The less liquid an instrument is, the higher the spread, there are no bidders willing to buy/sell for the right bids. But we see that the spread at the time of snot was Normal at this time of day, so the liquidity was at normal level, as evidenced by the volumes.

It looks like an intervention, it was said earlier that Britain does not benefit from a strong pound.

Now the Euro is also going in the direction of the trend, but GBP is in trouble... I wonder who is responsible

What a bastard, he broke through the stop at 1.1124

bcs2424:

Now the Euro is also bullish, at least in the direction of the trend, but GBP is in trouble of course...I wonder who is the culprit

US unemployment figures

Yes I saw that but unemployment didn't give that much momentum...usually

Andrey Dik:
The less liquid an instrument is, the higher the spread, there are no bidders willing to buy/sell for the right bids. But we see that the spread at the time of sniffing was normal at that time of day, so the liquidity was at normal level, which is also evidenced by the volumes.
Andrew, the fact that there was a dip in liquidity is evidenced by the huge variation in the price lows. Where there was liquidity, the price didn't fall that much. Well, where there wasn't, the opposite is evident. I regretfully drew conclusions about my DC.