The arrival of a new generation of trading software. What should the EA interface be like? - page 7

In my opinion it would be incredibly useful to have something like.... something like a universal research lab, to which individual custom plugins can be connected in the form of ex5 libraries. This could be indicator plugins, statistical processing, trading plugins. Such plugins can be placed in the market or in the kodobase. That is something like a universal research and trading platform based on MT5. There should be a window for drawing charts, histograms, and a stat-chart. That would be interesting.

Реter Konow:

Dear developers, as we are expecting the rapid development of trading programs, we expect that our trading robots will get a lot of new features. And no matter whether ordinary algorithmic traders need them now or not, we will continue the development in this field. We need the new opportunities ourselves. Demand from buyers is often born by a new offer from the seller, so we should not think that our innovations will go unclaimed.

For many years, there was a serious obstacle to the development of trading programs in MT. In my opinion, this barrier is not the MQL language and MT platform, which by the way, have a wide basis for the realization of creative potential of even the most talented developer, but the scale and complexity of the problem of creating a quality windows-like graphical interface.

Who among us has not once felt the discomfort of not being able to realize all that he had in his own advisor? Haven't you ever felt the lack of windows with tables, trade statistics, reports, and many other things? Probably, almost everyone knew in their heart that this must be integrated not only in the tester, but also in their own EA, because this data is needed even more in real trading and real time.

However, the difficulties, such as the lack of technology, common standards, low quality of created graphics and other problems faced by programmers, who took the risk of creating a user interface for their robots. It became clear that it is much more difficult to create a complete UI for MTs, than to code the trading logic, write algorithms of gathering statistics or implement pattern recognition into a strategy. It is these difficulties that became an obstacle for the transition of algorithmic trading to a new level of algorithmic trading, where the area of necessary interaction between man and program, which increases the effectiveness of trading and unlocks the potential of the most original ideas, is greatly expanded. The area of interaction, which allows us to compensate for the program disadvantages of "iron" binding to algorithms, with the flexibility of human thinking.

Now EAs are like trams that run strictly on rails, and users do not know about others, but imagine if EAs become like cars, with the option to steer in any direction? With such "cars" you can feel much more confident in the market ...

I think it is clear to all that EA interface will greatly increase the level of information support for trading, expand observer's horizons, will help to conquer more trading sites. There will be real-time statistics, easy visualization of trading processes and much more... However, until developers have a way to create a quality GUI quickly and easily, programs will unfortunately remain the same. It seems that progress in the development and "cleverness" of trading robots was stopped by almost complete absence of GUI. An EA without a GUI is like Windows without windows - it is just DOS and you do not want to use it forever.

There are some brave developers in our community who have created graphical libraries. They've done a great job and it deserves a lot of respect. I will not judge the effectiveness, quality and ease of writing a graphical interface with their libraries, as it is a very subjective judgment, but let us imagine that their libraries fully meet all the requirements of even the most picky programmers and with their help we can create anything we want. Let's think together about what the interface of our EAs should be, what we would like to place there, what information we would like to output. Let's think about style and standards of interface for programs, in which it has never been fully implemented. )

I would like to be able to create 3D graphs that can be rotated in any plane. There are plans to create3D graphs, but so far it's not feasible in the way I want it to be. For example, the graph should be able to move not only to the right, up and down, but also in depth.

Andrey Dik:
In my opinion, it would be incredibly useful to have something like this.... something like a universal research lab, to which individual user plugins in the form of ex5 libraries can be connected. This could be indicator plugins, statistical processing, trading plugins. Such plugins can be placed in the market or in the kodobase. That is something like a universal research and trading platform based on MT5. There should be a window for drawing charts, histograms, and a stat-chart. That would be interesting.

Absolutely right. Believe me, such dreams are shared by most traders, but because of the lack of opportunities they began to convince themselves that it is not necessary at all. Everyone is talking about "chop dough" as the limit of all traders' desires. They do not understand that by removing their involvement and intellect from the process of trading they fully surrender themselves to the market elements and blind laws. A man is smarter than a machine and always will be. Woe to those who forget this.

The beginning of the implementation of all your wishes - the interface.

Maxim Romanov:
I would like to be able to create 3D graphs that can be rotated in any plane. There are plans to createthree-dimensional graphs, but so far it is not realisable in the way I would like it to be. For example, the graph should be able to move not only to the right, up and down, but also in depth.
I am convinced that we will come to these technologies too. In time.

Athree-dimensional graph of X and Y and Z.
X is time, Y is price... and Z is what?

Реter Konow:
All the same, I'm convinced that programs must have an interface, and my trading experience doesn't play a role here...

Any experience of using a TV - how often do you use the interface?

If the aim is to keep the trader occupied with something exciting, then yes, the more sophisticated the face, the better, the demand will be there. But EAs have another function - to make decisions for the user wherever possible. The better the Expert Advisor solves this task - more decisions are taken - the less settings the user needs, the more advanced interface is not needed.

But for modeling trading strategies - that's for sure.

Controls and other things are, by definition, mostly slow. You can certainly do a lot of this in MQL, but how much time will it take? IMHO, it's easier to do it in languages like C++, C# etc. Then the connection to the elements is either a DLL or files. By timer, for example. As a result, there is a minimum of time and effort spent on developing such items.

The simplest elements, such as buttons - text boxes, is more reasonable in MQL.

Alexander Ivanov:
A three-dimensional graph of X and Y and Z.
X is time, Y is price... and Z is what?
No time, just price movement from one instrument to another. It's difficult to explain in a nutshell so far. I want to make a multi-currency chart with 8 major currencies (to express the movement of each currency from the crosses), so the chart will not show the price, but the flow of funds, that is, it will show which currencies have been converted against each other, in what volume and in what order.

Maxim Romanov:
I would like to be able to create 3D graphs that can be rotated in any plane. There are plans to create3D graphs, but so far it's not realizable in the way I want it to be. For example, the graph should be able to move not only to the right, up and down, but also in depth.

OpenCL is your help, it's perfect for Athenian transformations and 3D graphics in general.

You write dynamically changing BMP, write interaction of this miracle with a mouse and you will be happy.

I hope, the direction of attack is clear. Read drawing in the buffer, fill it to a dynamic BMP (without saving it to a file on disk, to a resource), BMP to a chart.

Nikolay Demko:

OpenCL is your help, it's perfect for Athenian transformations and 3D graphics in general.

You write dynamically changing BMP, write interaction of this miracle with mouse and you will be happy.

I hope, the direction of your attack is clear. Read rendering in the buffer, fill it into a dynamic BMP (without saving it to a file on the hard drive, on a resource), BMP onto a chart.

Thank you!) now I know, that it is possible in principle. Complicated of course, but possible.