Making a crowdsourced project on Canvas - page 44

Реter Konow:
Yes, Nicholas is a master in the art of working with canvas. It's an art of its own. For data visualization, interface decoration and control shell design these skills are irreplaceable. Digital artist. (No kidding).

I should add that Nikolai not only has an excellent understanding of drawing algorithms, but also knows which formulas to use for smoothing shapes, diffusing shadows and colour shimmers. Not everyone can do that.

That's the reason I asked Nikolay! And I'm grateful to him that he can still find a few precious hours to make an example of rounded primitives. This is a very valuable example!

Алексей Барбашин:

Dimitri, can you show me an example?

The code or just what it looks like?

Dmitry Fedoseev:

The code or just what it looks like?

Both, of course. After all, we only go into the code when we become interested in the picture itself :)

Алексей Барбашин:

Both, of course. After all, we only get into the code when we become interested in the picture itself :)

I certainly don't have the code. And with an example, it's hard to make it clear. Below are two images. The shadow is grey, on the left it is normal overlay, on the right it is multiplication. On the right it is coloured and matches the background colour, as if transparent.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

I certainly don't have the code. And it's hard to do anything with an example to make it clear. Below are two images. The shadow is grey, with a normal overlay on the left and a multiplication on the right. On the right it is coloured and matches the background colour, as if it were transparent.

You can't see it in this picture, but I see what you mean. Yeah, you're right. I set the shadow settings wrong. I had colour for shadow 0xFF303030 - gray opaque with blurred edges, and I need black transparent with blurred edges 0xCF000000.
When I get to the computer I will post pictures with the new settings.

Nikolai, I suggest you also post the corrected example in your"Canvas is cool!". I'm sure there are people watching your thread and they will be very interested in the new example!

Nikolai Semko:
This picture doesn't show it, but I know what you mean. Yeah, you're right. I set the shadow settings wrong. I had the colour for shadows 0xFF303030 - gray opaque with blurred edges, and I need black transparent with blurred edges 0xCF000000.
When I get to the computer, I'll post pictures of the new settings.

Nikolai Semko:

without shadows

with shadows

with fill:

without fill

I understand thatRectangle.mq54 kb refers to the updated iCanvas.mqh

Алексей Барбашин:

I understand thatRectangle.mq54 kb refers to the updated iCanvas.mqh

Yes, the dsp version.

Published the constructor and GUI engine in this thread:https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/332043

And on my blog:https://www.mql5.com/ru/blogs/post/733356

Everyone is welcome to take part in the testing.

КОНСТРУКТОР GUI
КОНСТРУКТОР GUI
  • www.mql5.com
ИНСТРУКЦИЯ К УСТАНОВКЕ: Советник KIB.ex5 поместить в папку Экспертов. (Не помещать в подпапки). Файл GUI_DRIVE.mqh поместить в папку include. (Не помещать в подпапки). Индикатор KIB-source.mqh поместить в папку Indicators. (Не помещать в подпапки). Установить советник KIB.ex5 на свободный график. Открыть индикатор KIB-source.mqh в...