Algorithm Optimisation Championship. - page 95

Реter Konow:

I was helped to understand it to a sufficient extent by a text problem.

Some time ago I described my understanding of optimization in the Open Championship, and as there was no criticism or any corrections from the topicstarter, I decided that I understood the optimization correctly. Here is my understanding of the problem: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/89230

L With the problem with the text is not sorted out, text search is a completely different dance (no less interesting). But since you say so, I'll try to figure it out.
Andrey Dik:

Your approach and that of Yury are both "lacking" a very specific view of optimization problems, it lacks abstractness and universality. This may lead to unsatisfactory results when FA is unknown, which is 99% of optimization problems in trading.

Well you're wrong there. My too specific view (that's when the function is known) is only for warming up and visual verification of user code. Then the algorithm is trained in "shenerize FF" mode randomly.

The user algorithm does not know

- how many parameters the function has, maybe 3 or maybe 500

- the function: is it a formula, an array of numbers or is it just a set of letters to compose a sentence

Here's the code for the panel. It's very simple. I can add my own buttons and fields in MT4.

Please note that I wrote it for myself and in no way pretend that it serves as a model. This is just a sample design of a competition panel with nothing but graphs and buttons.

Andrey Dik:

Due to some perturbations in the preparation of the participants for the championship and the general discussion, it has become necessary to outline the actual procedure for the championship.

In a few days I will provide the final versions of the source code for the FF library, the FF key generator and the executing script. I need time to think over the nuances, so please be patient and wait a little longer.

Next, the actual championship will take place in the following sequence:

1. Publication of the source code of the FF library, the FF key generator and the executing script. This is to show how everything works, to ensure transparency and objectivity in comparing participants' algorithms, and to make sure that participants cannot adapt their algorithms to the FF problem.

2. Reconciliation. Discussion and answering questions about the FF.

3. Publication of algorithms by participants in this thread. I recommend to apply algorithm protection in the form of 7 days validity limit.

4. Immediately after p.3 referee in the person ofAnatoli Kazharski (I sent him a message with a request) will download the source codes of the FF and the key generator, generate a key and insert it in the FF code, and then compile the library. After 3 days (to ensure that participants can no longer edit algorithms) from the date of publication of the algorithm by the last contestant, the referee will post the library in this thread.

5. After clause 4, everyone who wishes can download participants' algorithms and FF library, and conduct tests by himself. In the meantime I will also conduct tests and post the table with the results.

That is all.

Suppose we start with only two participants, but maybe people will get interested and then it will be possible and more interesting and spectacular to repeat the steps of the championship again, but for a larger number of participants.

Let's give it a try. Let me know in a private message when everything is ready.

Anatoli Kazharski:

Let's give it a try. Let me know in private messages when it's ready.

I will.

Andrey Dik
Retrog Konow
Igor Volodin
Dmitry Fedoseev
Sergey Chalyshev
Ghenadie Tumco
Alexey Burnakov
Yuri Evseenkov

Vasiliy Sokolov

Pull up. The action begins.

Andrey Dik:

Pull up. The action's starting.

I'm right here.

Реter Konow:
I'm here.
Can you suggest functions like f(x1, x2) for inclusion in the FF along with mine?

Andrey Dik:
Can you suggest functions like f(x1, x2) to be included in the FF along with mine?

I don't quite understand you.

If I suggest FF functions along with yours and we include them in the FF, it turns out that we will know a formula that we should not know...

Isn't the referee supposed to make up the FF function?

Please clarify.

Реter Konow:

Explain, please.

Again?

Реter Konow:

If I suggest FF functions along with yours and we include them in the FF, it turns out that we will know a formula that we should not know...

Isn't the referee supposed to make up the FF function?

Please clarify.

Of course the functions have to be provided by the participants, the thread says so. I have announced to collect functions from participants, but so no one has provided any.

I will select 3-4 different functions of the form f(x1, x2), from them will be compiled FF for the contest. The referee has to generate a sequence of parameters and a sequence of calls to these functions, obtain unique sequences. Even though I know the functions, and the contestants will know them, no one will know the final total function. This was discussed earlier in this thread.

There is now a last opportunity for you to add one or more of your own functions to those I have compiled. If you don't remember what we are talking about, search for the keyword "f(x1, x2)" in this thread.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Again?

Everything is fine, the championship is breathing smoothly and calmly. The condition is stable. Do not worry. ))