Algorithm Optimisation Championship. - page 41

That's what the second one is like - with a catch (just a picture not an animation).

Into the adjacent hole it hits (just above the crosshairs)

Dmitry Fedoseev:

The adjacent hole is hit (just above the crosshairs) by

monstrous power.

Now all that's left is to work on the discrete functions (where the FF changes in steps, the step size can be larger or smaller than the variable step) and it's done.

I still don't understand what's going on here and what it's all about ?

Petros Shatakhtsyan:
I don't understand what's going on here and what's the point of it all?
Andrey Dik:

The Algorithm Optimisation Championship is conceived as a competition for people who are seekers, inquisitive, for whom standing still means going backwards.

The Championship is a great opportunity to test your algorithms under tough competitive conditions, which are tougher and more demanding than those encountered in everyday life. It's a chance to make sure your algorithm can't get any better, which means confidence in solving life's challenges ahead, or to make sure your algorithm needs or can be further refined and improved.

Rules:

1. Algorithms of optimization based on any principles and theories of search are admitted to the championship, absolutely any.

2. Each participant could represent only one algorithm in source code or in compiled form of *.ex5 library.

3. At the end of the championship the participants will be ranked according to the following criteria: speed of algorithm, number of runs of fitness function, accuracy of solution finding.

Terms:

1. the organiser reserves the right to refuse the participation of anyone without explaining the reasons.

2. the organiser has the right to participate in the championship.

3. the organiser will refuse the prizes in favour of the participants in case of availability of the prize fund from potential sponsors at the time of announcing the prizes.

Organizer of the Championship of Optimization Algorithms:Joo.

Andrey Dik:

I've read it all.

What I don't understand is what you are doing all this for. If you want to get something new to solve, then you have not chosen the right place to hold such a championship.

If there are professionals here, they will not participate in such competitions, as they are all busy doing more "serious" things.

You won't get more than 3-4 participants, as it's mostly about developments that are related to trading.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

I've read it all.

Petros, you haven't read it all carefully.

Andrey Dik is a "messiah" -- he wants to bring "light" and a lot of good to society (no sarcasm, he said it himself a few pages ago, and there's nothing wrong with that).

He just doesn't understand that before you throw the seeds -- you have to prepare the ground. He's been told that -- he's not listening -- he's more preoccupied with his missionary work now than with the possible results of his activities.

So, the best way now is to leave him alone, let him hold the championship -- let him draw conclusions from the results. Maybe he'll be clever and draw the right conclusions. And the next championship will bemore useful.

p.s. His most consistent and diligent "potential competitor" has dropped out for the reason that he's not ready to participate yet. Conclusions can already be drawn. Let's see, why rush to conclusions.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Petros, you haven't read it carefully.

Andrey Dik is a "messiah" - he wants to bring "light" and a lot of good to society (no sarcasm, he said it himself a few pages ago, and there is nothing wrong with that).

He just doesn't understand that before you throw the seeds -- you have to prepare the ground. He's been told that -- he's not listening -- he's more preoccupied with his missionary work now than with the possible results of his activities.

So, the best way now is to leave him alone, let him hold the championship -- let him draw conclusions from the results. Maybe he'll be clever and draw the right conclusions. And the next championship will bemore useful.

p.s. His most consistent and diligent "potential participant" has dropped out for the reason that he's not ready to participate yet. Conclusions can already be drawn. Let's see, why rush to conclusions.

Do your job better, what you do best, and do not interfere in what you do not understand. Are you an excellent programmer? Then help someone write an algorithm for the championship, do something useful. Or attract participants, instead of scaring them away.

Counting participants in someone else's championship is as indecent as the money in someone else's pocket. Start by organizing your own championship, get some experience, and then you'll have the right to give advice.

Do you have anything to say on the subject? Flooding in this thread is not welcome.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

I've read it all.

What I don't understand is what you are doing all this for. If you want to get something new to solve, then you have not chosen the right place to hold such a championship.

If there are professionals here, they will not participate in such competitions, as they are all busy doing more "serious" things.

You won't get more than 3-4 participants, as it's mostly about developments that are related to trading.

You are almost twice wrong in your estimates. 7 people have already registered to participate.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Everything I have said is strictly on the topic of the thread. Nowhere, at any point, have I strayed from the topic of the thread or the context of the thread.

It's just that you personally don't like my comments. Ignore them and be happy.

Where are your comments on the subject, your discussion of optimization, the matrix... Where is it?
If you don't like it, just walk away. Don't crowd the entrance, you haven't passed the facade.