Is it possible to do the impossible? - page 4

Igor Volodin:
Yes. All it takes is a comparison of two infinities.
This problem is solved by set theory. Infinities can be of different "depth", i.e. one infinity is larger (or rather more extensive) than another, but both of them are infinite. For example strictly mathematically it is possible to prove that infinities of real numbers possess greater power than infinities of natural numbers. However, so far nobody has been able to prove that there is a set (or reliably none) whose power would be intermediate between these two sets.

By the way, the principle of the Turing machine also imposes limitations on the capabilities of computer technology. For example, a computer cannot understand in advance whether a problem submitted to it has a solution or not. By the way, elementary eternal loops are still not recognizable by the compiler, which leads a program with such a loop to a deadlock.

Олег avtomat:

Is this the first time you've heard of TV and MS paradoxes?

Check it out. There are many good examples:

SECEI G / PARADOXES IN PROBABILITY THEORY AND MATHEMATICAL STATISTICS

People who read a lot are weaned from thinking for themselves. (с)

Alexandr Bryzgalov:
The angle can only be measured between the rays. Isn't it?

Vasiliy Sokolov:
A typical logical fallacy. From the series: if you can't prove that black is red, then black is blue, because it's not red. You cannot make the claim that the market is predictable on the basis that we cannot prove or disprove the opposite claim. We need to prove or disprove at least one market condition reliably in order to draw conclusions about a second market condition.

Schrödinger's cat. Until one of the two is proven, both possibilities exist, which is why I believe that:Until it is proven that the market is unpredictable it is predictable whether we can or cannot do it.

lilita bogachkova:
Until proven that the market is unpredictable it is predictable whether we can or cannot do it.
In order to find out, all we have to do is make a reasonable, at least qualitative, market model, and much will become clear.

lilita bogachkova:
When I started thinking about: "How to make the impossible possible" :) I drew a conclusion: anything that doesn't contradict mathematical logic can be done. From this I conclude: Until it is proven that the market is unpredictable it is predictable, regardless of whether we can or cannot do it.
Even things that contradict mathematical logic can be done, everything can be done!

And it is possible not to predict anything at all, but simply to trade and make a profit. It is possible to create a profitable model without predicting the future state of the market and without analysing the previous state.

Maxim Romanov:
And it is possible not to predict anything at all, but simply to trade and make a profit. It is possible to create a profitable model without predicting the future state of the market and without analysing the previous state.
Yes, that's right. It doesn't matter at all what the market did in the past. And since we generally don't know the future either, it doesn't matter at all what it will do in the future.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
Yes, that's right. It makes absolutely no difference what the market has done in the past. And since we generally don't know the future either - it makes absolutely no difference what it will do in the future.

So that's it --"independent thinking"... brain liquefaction... victim of the EGE...