Is it possible to do the impossible? - page 3

lilita bogachkova:

The paradox of omnipotence:

The paradox is usually formulated as a question: "Can a god create a stone that he himself cannot lift?" (I think yes, an infinite cycle of creating and lifting)or

"Could God create a triangle with interior angles that were not generally 180 degrees?"(I think Yes, Riemann geometry).

If Columbus had been asked, "Is it possible to get from Europe to America within 24 hours?", I think with the possibilities of the time he would have said no, but these days any child will say it is possible. The question that follows is, "Did this possibility already exist in Columbus' time or has it only appeared in our days?"Theoretically the possibility has existed all the time but in practice it has only become available today. Is it possible to conclude from this that: Anything that does not contradict mathematics is possible, whether we can physically implement it or not?The possibilities exist whether we are aware of them or not.

about the triangle: it is possible to draw a triangle with all angles at 90)

Alexandr Bryzgalov:
About the triangle: you can draw a triangle with all its angles at 90.)
Draw it.

Alexandr Murzin:
Draw it.

Alexandr Bryzgalov:
Neuclidean geometry. Yeah, there's a lot to draw in there

lilita bogachkova:

The paradox is usually formulated as a question: "Can a god create a stone that he himself cannot lift?" (I think yes, an infinite cycle of creating and lifting)or

"Could God create a triangle with internal angles that were not generally 180 degrees?"(I think Yes, Riemann geometry).

If Columbus had been asked, "Is it possible to get from Europe to America within 24 hours?", I think with the possibilities of the time he would have said no, but these days any child will say it is possible. The question that follows is, "Did this possibility already exist in Columbus' time or has it only appeared in our days?"Theoretically this possibility has existed all the time but in practice it has become available only today. Is it possible to conclude from this that: Anything that does not contradict mathematics is possible regardless of whether we can physically implement it or not?Possibilities exist regardless of whether we are aware of them or not.

This paradox arises solely from misunderstanding of natural processes by the thinker who created it.

Suppose there is a god, in one form or another. The creator of this paradox presents him in the form of a man, a god limited by the imagination of the thinker who created him.

The right answer will lie beyond the comprehension of the thinker, this question cannot be answered yes or no, if only because the time to which we are accustomed, inherent only in our environment and the god of this time does not exist, so the creation and lifting of the stone will not be separated in time. He will both create and lift the stone and at the same time he can and cannot lift it. Maybe from god's point of view, there are no stones at all, in which case the paradox becomes meaningless.

The bottom line is that this is not the paradox of god's omnipotence, it is the paradox of the model of god in the mind of the thinker.

Maxim Romanov:

This paradox arises solely from a lack of understanding of natural processes by the thinker who created it.

Suppose there is a god, in one form or another. The creator of this paradox presents him in the form of a man, a god limited by the imagination of the thinker who created him.

The right answer will lie beyond the comprehension of the thinker, this question cannot be answered yes or no, if only because the time to which we are accustomed, inherent only in our environment and the god of this time does not exist, so the creation and lifting of the stone will not be separated in time. He will both create and lift the stone and at the same time he can and cannot lift it. Maybe from god's point of view, there are no stones at all, in which case the paradox becomes meaningless.

The bottom line is that this is not the paradox of God's omnipotence, it is the paradox of the model of God in the mind of the thinker.

When I thought about "How to make the impossible possible" :) I concluded: anything that does not contradict mathematical logic can be done. From this I conclude: Until it is proven that the market is unpredictable it is predictable regardless of whether we can or cannot do it.

Maxim Romanov:

The bottom line is that this is not the paradox of God's omnipotence, it is the paradox of the model of God in the mind of the thinker.

Yes. All it boils down to is a comparison of two infinities.

lilita bogachkova:

The paradox is usually formulated as a question: "Can a god create a stone that he himself cannot lift?" (I think Yes, an endless cycle of creating and lifting)

Paradoxes are phenomena beyond a given axiomatics. One of the greatest theorems, the so-called "Incompleteness Theorem" postulated by Gödel, proves that there is at least one statement within a given postulate which cannot be either disproved or proved. This includes the statement about God and the stone. In fact it does not contain a paradox, but a statement which can be neither proved nor disproved. This is due to the fact that our ideas about infinity are incomplete. Note that Gödel himself, proved his theorem within mathematics and for mathematics itself. However, non-fulfillment of the theorem in other fields, would mean non-fulfillment of the theorem in mathematics itself, because any entity, such as set, can be represented as a mathematical object, but the reverse is not true. For example, the notion of infinite relevance does not have its incarnation in the real world, because according to modern concepts even the Universe has a finite size, and the subatomic world is limited to Planckian values.

lilita bogachkova:
When I started thinking about: "How to make the impossible possible" :) I drew a conclusion: anything that does not contradict mathematical logic can be done. From this I conclude: Until it is proven that the market is unpredictable it is predictable, regardless of whether we can or can't do it.
The problem is that mathematical logic is consistent only within its axiomatics. But in mathematics there is at least one statement that goes beyond the axiomatics, leading to paradoxes. In other words, mathematics, like any other tool, can be applied within the limits of applicability and no more.

lilita bogachkova:
When I started thinking about: "How to make the impossible possible" :) I drew a conclusion: anything that doesn't contradict mathematical logic can be done.From this I conclude: Until it is proven that the market is unpredictable it is predictable, regardless of whether we can or can't do it.
A typical logical fallacy. From the series: if it cannot be proven that black is red, then black is blue, because it is not red. You cannot make the claim that the market is predictable on the basis that we cannot prove or disprove the opposite claim. We need to prove or disprove at least one market condition reliably in order to draw conclusions about a second market condition.