Has anyone withdrawn money from a broker using arbitrage strategies? - page 3

Vasily Pererva:
Why cheating? You want to exchange rubles for dollars, for example, you go and look for a better price at a bank and go there ... Well, the point is clear? It's arbitrage too if anything)) so everyone who is looking for a better exchange rate is a fraud)))

Do you all really think so or are you just pretending?

he clearly described the strategy of overloading the quote stream using a slow and fast server.

what does this have to do with the bank and the exchangers?

i can give you plenty of examples of fraud by both customers and exchangers when exchanging currency. but this is irrelevant.

( like, I found a hole in online banking, I need to withdraw money. Why, I'm not stealing, just using programmers' mistakes...)

)

and i got the credit card number and code - let's order an iphone from an online store on grandpa's behalf...)

there's a lot of sneaky little guys like that out there...

You know why no one will admit to being a hacker? Because they'll get punched in the face - because almost everyone has suffered from their actions at least once...

The question was exactly who withdrew the money stolen this way.

The question was who withdrew the money they stole... No one seems to have withdrawn it - because all who resorted to such strategies were deprived of their money and they are all embarrassed to talk about it...

Vasily Pererva:
The high frequencies may be the reason why the data centre bans him. The data centre automatically sees a large flow of requests per unit of time. Tell him to talk to the data centre ....

Of course, the data centre is slowing him down, and rightly so. because there is a separate channel and a separate fee for high-frequency users.

I'd also give him a fine...

Tried it. Wasn't too rude. But the next day they blocked the trade.

Total +40%.

I got withdrawn.

No use in arguing about why they blocked. They will point the finger at the point:

"Концепция арбитражных и "спекулятивных" операций или использование задержек, вызванных неполадками в сети Интернет,

for their own selfish purposes does not operate in the OTC securities market where a client buys or sells assets directly from a market maker.

The Company *** does not permit arbitrage transactions using its Trading Systems. Transactions based on the ability to arbitrage
transactions based on the ability to make arbitrage transactions by delaying price announcements may be voided."

Alexey Klenov:

Tried it. Wasn't too rude. But the next day they blocked the trade.

Total +40%.

I got withdrawn.

No use in arguing about why they blocked. They just point the finger at the point:

You have withdrawn with a profit or the transaction was canceled?

Was the account verified? i.e. did you send passport scans?

valeriy odintsov:

did you withdraw with a profit or were the trades cancelled?

was the account verified? did you send passport scans?

yes / no

yes

I used to trade arbitrage )) It was a long time ago. Out of $100 I made more than $700 overnight )) It is clear that they did not let me withdraw. Good thing they let me withdraw )).

Then I tried to arbitrage more complicated - I had not just opened/closed in 10 seconds, but instead of closing, I opened the opposite order on another account. Closing a couple of times a day using opposite positions.

It turned out that the lifetime of transactions is great and there is a real saving of spread due to counter transactions.

I even managed to withdraw funds with this system once))) But only once)) It's true I did not get such a crazy growth either.

Some time ago I know a person who has "mixed" 1-2 arbitrage orders with numerous non-arbitrage ones during the day. This was a couple of years ago. Then he lost it - "numerous trades" outweighed "surety" of arbitrage.

Anyway - I gave it up about 3 years ago and I don't regret it ))

Let's start with why this kind of arbitrage is possible... Because DTs cheat with quotes, filtering them so that smart guys like me don't make money on the flat. Hence, there is a time lag, which arbitrageurs use. It turns out that for every cunning nut there is a bolt with a left-hand thread. And then, when brokerage companies get fucked either from the front or from behind, the hysterics begin - how could you make a profit on our own filters?

The other question worries me even more. If there is a time lag in the terminal, it should have been removed since the days of MT3. It is written in any contract that the trader only trades at the prices he sees in the terminal. The trader does so. And where he looks? At muwings or at futures - that's his business. Why does not the broker sue the software producer for a low-quality exchange product that is sold for a very decent price?

Do brokers disable automatic trading ? No problem! Use WINAPI to simulate mouse and keyboard clicks. Once again, you are a hacker. Once you trade on the plus side, you're already a hacker!!!!!!

Actually, every 2nd office has been punished by arbitrage in one way or another. At least by $100. I did not make much use of arbitrage. But I did penalise 5 or 6 firms.

Yes ...

From the point of view of logic it turns out this.

If I give an order to buy and if I am executed, it technically means there is a second party to the deal (someone has sold to me) I do not really care who is the market maker, another user with a limit, an external source.

But if the brokerage company takes over the transaction, it means we've agreed on the price de facto and it is not subject to revision. Bullshit - the price is either there or it isn't. and if they come up with such a combination word - don't perform at all.

Dmitiry Ananiev:

Let's start with why this kind of arbitrage is possible... Because DTs cheat with quotes, filtering them so that smart guys like me don't make money on the flat. Hence, there is a time lag, which arbitrageurs use. It turns out that for every cunning nut there is a bolt with a left-hand thread. And then, when brokerage companies get fucked either from the front or from behind, the hysterics begin - how could you make a profit on our own filters?

The other question worries me even more. If there is a time lag in the terminal, it should have been removed since the days of MT3. It is written in any contract that the trader only trades at the prices he sees in the terminal. The trader does so. And where he looks? At muwings or at futures - that's his business. Why does not the broker sue the software producer for a low-quality exchange product that is sold for a very decent price?

Do brokers disable automatic trading ? No problem! Use WINAPI to simulate mouse and keyboard clicks. Once again, you are a hacker. Once you trade on the plus side, you're already a hacker!!!!!!

Actually, every 2nd office has been punished by arbitrage in one way or another. At least by $100. I did not make much use of arbitrage. But I did penalise 5 or 6 firms.

What I don't understand is this. They all shout "we take deals to interbank", but how the hell can they do it and at the same time display in the terminal filtered, essentially unreal quotes?
The above is more about market execution. As for the instant - the scheme is a bit unclear to me. I agree with Alexey's question. Well, what prevents the EA from doing a trivial requote and not looking for excuses? Well, the quotes from the supplier are late, well, wait until they come relevant, why execute, and then send them away (in the case of a loss)? Note that if you lose, everyone will forget about it and no one will return your money!