Has anyone withdrawn money from a broker using arbitrage strategies? - page 2

valeriy odintsov:

If you don't want to live honestly, expect to be treated unfairly

What is dishonest about it? The market is not exchange-based, each one has its own liquidity providers and prices. Each brokerage house hires programmers for whom they cannot spare money. If the brokerage house is white and withdraws money somewhere, it does not give a damn about such strategies.

valeriy odintsov:

And when you are asked to show these documents before withdrawal = take a photo with your face and a piece of paper with today's date written on it - what will you do, smart guy?

Or they'll ask for a driving licence in the same name... and some other document...

or will you cry over the Internet about how mean the brokerage house is, demanding documents and not giving you money?

If they do, they requote and dump their deposits?

If you decide to use the system, don't be surprised if the system starts to use you...

you've already done enough damage on the internet to be found out by the system...

I don't understand why there's so much negativity. I was just asking for the opinion of experienced people. Keep your opinions to yourself.

no problem - pour in your deposits, put in your arbitrageurs and go ahead...

Don't forget to brag about your trading results...

Alexey Oreshkin:
what is so dishonest about it? The market is not exchange-based, each has its own liquidity providers and prices. Each brokerage house hires programmers who do not spare money. If the brokerage house is white and withdraws money somewhere, it does not give a damn about such strategies.

honestly-not to learn how to trade, but to exploit holes in the system?

Do you really think this is fair?

Maybe you steal from shops too - it's right there, not behind the fence... and the guard's not looking...

Everyone sets his own moral code.

One doesn't steal, the other doesn't hack and exploit the system's flaws...

then there's one crafty one who thinks: "Why are all these losers and I'm all white... I'll make a system on data streams, win a few milliseconds and voila - I know the future...

go ahead and do it....we learned long ago to disable such systems - just by changing the liquidity provider. if you don't know the future, the owls are draining the deposit...

that's why there are no arbitrageurs here...

valeriy odintsov:

Maybe you steal from shops too - it's right there, not behind the fence... and the guard's not looking...

then there's one crafty one who thinks: "Why are all these losers and I'm all white... I'll make a system on data streams, win a few milliseconds and voila - I know the future...

go ahead and do it....we learned long ago how to disable such systems - just by changing the liquidity provider. if you don't know the future, the owls are draining the deposit...

honesty is a strange notion for you. The man has found a market inefficiency and wants to use it. Arbitrage is no less honest than any other strategy. Why is it actively promoted on the fund? Maybe VHT isn't fair either? Probably only crooks gathered there. You will be told that you have to work, while Forex is idle, and you will write the same here? It is not fair to make money on the financial markets).

Vasily Pererva:

The question in the title is. I would like to understand if it is realistic to earn on arbitrage strategies based on opening trades from a fast broker against a slow one?

Hypotheticals are not interesting, I am interested in the opinion of people who have worked in the real world.

They will not write the truth, it is the competition.
My friend uses VChT at the fund, his competitors have found him and are pissing him off) I have tried everything and have changed the provider. I have tried everything and have changed the provider. I have tried everything and changed the provider too.

valeriy odintsov:

go ahead and do it....we learned long ago to disable such systems - just by changing the liquidity provider. if you don't know the future, the owls are draining the deposit...

the whole hft market, leyering and the like is not fair either. The OTC market and everybody has different prices, it is also not fair to look for a better offer?
You probably have an iPhone as well, my dear :)

Generally speaking, arbitrage involves many variations of strategies, all of which have the same meaning: working on price riches. And there is nothing criminal here, arbitrage systems and HFTs have been used at electronic exchanges since this technical possibility appeared. Such strategies were used in ancient times - I will not give a history course, google will help.

valeriy odintsov:

One doesn't steal, the other doesn't hack and exploit flaws in the system...

Why is it cheating? When you want to exchange rubles for dollars, you go and look for a better price at a bank and go there... Well, the point is clear? It's arbitrage too if anything)) so everyone who is looking for a better exchange rate is a fraud)))

Maxim Romanov:
They do not write the truth, it is the competition.
I have an acquaintance who uses VChT at a fund, and his competitors have found it and are bugging him) I have tried everything and changed the provider too. The channel goes down when I need to make transactions. They do not have enough information to make an order.
Probably because of high frequencies it is banned by the data centre itself. Because the data centre automatically sees a large flow of requests per unit time. Get the data centre to talk to ....