FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Implications 2015(continued) - page 1362

Nestradamus:

Didn't even think to surprise! This screenshot is from a demo, a test of some inferences. It's time to sow when we know what we're buying...

It's easier for you, you're looking at Rothschild's cards...

To Eidler)))

Idler!!! I'm not a provocateur, but I wouldn't stand for it...

stranger:
To Eidler)))
at x.... no cure.

Nestradamus:
Idler!!! I'm not a provocateur, but I wouldn't stand for it...
you're a provocateur) why paint yourself?

It's even weird to hope that I'm going to take you all out and....

You want to help a man and he curses... trouble...

Nestradamus:

To begin with, we are not a crowd. I mean those who are trying to nibble away at the financial market, investing 500 times less with awesome leverage.

Our money is interesting only to the dealing centres, which flourish at our expense. How many of them are there in the world? I am not sure, but I think there are no more than a hundred and fifty. Each of them has a thousand and a half clients. That's 225,000 traders for the whole planet, tops.

And you're right about the chart, the price, or rather its fluctuations are paramount. Everything else is just bogus...

retail forex volume is about 5% of the total - a spear.

Only in Russia there are about 500,000 people "trading" on forex (there have been recently in the statements), in the USA the number of clients of forex brokers - I saw figures of about 100,000 a year - they have strong regulation there.

iIDLERr:
you're a provocateur) why paint?

Are you really going to paint?

I've given up and I'm waiting.

Zogman:

The volume of retail forex is about 5% of the total - a spear.

In Russia alone, there are about 500,000 people "trading" forex (there was a recent statement), in the US the number of clients of forex brokers is around 100,000 a year - they have strong regulation there.

Zogman, how much money was traded on the December euro futures on Friday?

Lactone, this is where you can start thinking about buying sipi.

Nestradamus:

We agreed with you over the summer that the main volumes of fora are commercial - the exchange of money between importers and exporters.

But since the summer my confidence in this has been shaken,

the fact is that there may be large funds that try to build risk-neutral positions (in their (possibly erroneous) understanding).

That is, they look at the whole spectrum of assets - bonds, stocks, currencies, commodities,

and try to take positions that are statistically hedged - like buy rubles in a carry trade, but sell gasprom stocks...

Or buy oil, but sell noc... buy futures but hedge with options....

Perhaps the transaction volumes of such funds are very large (their leverage is up to 50 - example below), and shifting positions by them can move the market...

In a way it doesn't contradict what you wrote "it's hard to imagine the whole world sitting and playing forex",

it turns out they do NOT play by tech analysis or anything that simple - they look at other things - not just the forex...

One of the facts that backs up such a thought is the LCTM story - mast no

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-Term_Capital_Management

the basis of their strategy was arbitrage and fixing incam - everything was going well for three years - 20-40% a year,

but in 1998 there was a collapse...

Long-Term Capital Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Long-Term Capital Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  • en.wikipedia.org
Long-Term Capital Management Industry Founded Founder Defunct Headquarters Products LTCM Partners John W. Meriwether headed Salomon Brothers' bond arbitrage desk until he resigned in 1991 amid a trading scandal.4 According to Chi-Fu Huang, later a Principal at LTCM, the bond arbitrage group was responsible for 80-100% of...