NormalizeDouble paradox - page 9

transcendreamer:

God forbid, I never planned to!

Then why worry about zeros and ones?

transcendreamer:

God forbid, I never planned to!

Why was this topic created then? Was it just a paper exercise?

barabashkakvn:
Why was this topic created then? Just to transfer paper?

so I've solved my question, we can close the subject

You have to force rounding, even after normalisation

transcendreamer:

solution: you have to force rounding, even after normalisation

What for?

artmedia70:
What for?
To cut 0.00000001 tails - that's how the whole topic started

transcendreamer:

solution: you have to force rounding, even after normalisation

What makes you think there are tails after normalization? What you got after normalization and what you printed out are not the same. This needs to be understood and accepted.

barabashkakvn:
What makes you think there are tails after normalization? What you got after normalization and what you printed out are not the same. This needs to be understood and accepted.

quite possibly... but in terms of the end result - there are tails!

I don't want to go into details of data formats and how to read them correctly, etc.

I need a clear and predictable result

mql developers didn't make a layer separating the system level from the user level

i have to correct it manually

transcendreamer:

quite possibly... but in terms of the end result - there are tails!

I don't want to go into details of data formats and how to read them correctly, etc.

I need a clear and predictable result

mql developers didn't make a layer separating the system level from the user level

i have to fix it manually

For 9 pages they are trying to tell you that you have a slightly different understanding of programming. There is no need to fix anything after normalization. You are struggling with windmills, which you are creating.

barabashkakvn:
For 9 pages they have been trying to tell you that you have a slightly wrong understanding of programming. There is no need to fix anything after normalisation. You are fighting windmills, which you are creating yourself.

You're all making fun of me, aren't you?

I just needed to type a fractional number without rubbish

and you're proving me wrong.

mql isn't an end in itself, it's a tool.

I think there are some obvious things, like - if you put a number into a variable, you print it out as you put it in...

it doesn't matter how it's arranged internally or how the number is stored, it's system level

and it's obvious that these tails are nonsense and an application level flaw - non-friendly

But here again we get some programmer joke: "this is not a bug, this is a feature".

these jokes didn't appear for nothing, not for nothing ))))))))

Everything comes gradually. First you have to remember that sentences are written in capital letters and that the chopped verse style is in no way suitable for a forum. Then you'll get the hang of normalisation and indexing from scratch.