NormalizeDouble paradox - page 8

Integer:
Why? It's also the subject of a Hollywood action movie. A long time ago, 300 years ago, all earthlings were divided into two classes: some believed that you have to count from one, while others believed that you have to start from zero. And for 300 years there has been a fierce and unrelenting struggle between them... and then he shows up (like some immortal highlander) and... explains to everyone that the countdown must be reversed (and a little askew). Then there's all sorts of stuff and a happy ending.

... followers of a secret cult that seeks to subjugate and bend everyone to its one true number system...

... an unfortunate combination awakens a mysterious evil slumbering at the bottom of the ocean... Chthonic monsters attack the coastal cities... The population panics...

... portals are inadvertently opened to bring hordes of demons from the stars into our world, thinking differently than we do...

... The demon attack causes a shift in array indexes and a fatal array out of range error on all humanity's servers and computers...

... and the protagonist is a student expelled for too freely interpreting Riemannian spaces...

... he has to perform division by zero to cause a collapse and save the world...

Transcendreamer's arguments remind me of the Middle Ages. Back then, the existence of zero was denied. The Hindus, who invented the modern number system, somehow believed that zero was not a number and could not exist.

stringo:

Floors in buildings? It depends. What the Russians call "ground floor", the Germans call "erdgeschoss", the Germans call the first floor "erste stok". At school it gave me culture shock, which then passed - there's a lot of Horatio's friend...

The English don't have 13 numbers in some places, either houses or flats.

Warrants don't have a zero ticker. And the fact that the account is from zero, so it is specifically mentioned in the documentation.

If you want to program, program according to programmers rules.

yes, that's why I wrote "usually", because there really is a zero floor for reception even -1 for parking

Basically, you can get used to anything.

in Thailand they say "no have" and "same same" ... and you can get used to it too

I sometimes do this:

I enter a variable counter for myself and use it for output and for debugging, and I'm fine

and a separate variable for the index, 1 less than the counter

PS - if I offended someone or caused irritation in the thread - please excuse me - I meant nothing bad ))))

C-4:
Transcendreamer's arguments remind me of the Middle Ages. At that time the existence of zero was denied. The Hindus, who invented the modern number system, somehow believed that zero was not a number and could not exist.

well, not to that extent ))))

although zero really doesn't exist

for example suppose you have 0 roubles in your pocket = that means this money does not exist

it's no accident that Null and Nihil begin with the same letter.

transcendreamer:

Yes, that's why I wrote 'usually', because there really are zero floors for reception and even -1 for parking

Aha. So you can also have zero and even -1?

stringo:
Yeah. You mean you can do it from zero or even -1?

Yes, of course you can, you can even use fractional irrational numbers, after all it's all a convention.

I've seen floors numbered with letters up to a certain floor and then with numbers.

transcendreamer:

Yes, of course you can, you can even use fractional irrational numbers, after all it's all a convention.

I've seen floor numbers with letters up to a certain floor and then numbers

So it's not really a problem if the list of orders starts with 0 and not 1.

stringo:
So there is really nothing wrong with the order list going from 0 rather than 1

no big deal, but it would be better if it was from 1

transcendreamer:

no big deal, but it would have been better with 1

I'm afraid you don't have to be a programmer...

artmedia70:
I'm afraid you are not to be a programmer...

God forbid, I never planned to!