NormalizeDouble paradox - page 3

I think you still don't get the point. If you did, you wouldn't be asking these questions.

pavlick_:
I think you still do not understand the point. If you did, you wouldn't be asking such questions.

I understand perfectly.

MQL developers were too lazy to do the processing of number representation

transcendreamer:

I understand perfectly.

the MQL developers were too lazy to do the number representation processing

So NormalizeDouble(0.132, 1) should output exactly 0.1?

pavlick_:
So NormalizeDouble(0.132, 1) should produce exactly 0.1?

from the help: " NormalizeDouble Rounds a floating-point number to a specified precision.

it would be logical for the function to work predictably and intuitively

transcendreamer:

from the help: " NormalizeDouble Rounds a floating-point number to a specified precision.

it would make sense for the function to work predictably and intuitively

I see, I need to write to servicedesk, don't forget to tell about the calculator. After the accusation of nerdiness, the desire to explain is gone.

pavlick_:
I see, I have to write to servicedesk, don't forget to tell me about the calculator. After the accusation of nerdiness, the desire to explain is gone.

I didn't accuse anyone of being nerdy but myself.

and i have no doubt that the developers will ignore it.

their big mistake is to combine the application layer and the system layer

this is partly compensated by custom classes and libraries, but in many cases it is vice versa

For example, these levels are separated in tradestation easy language and the user doesn't think about binary representation of the number, etc.

transcendreamer:

I understand perfectly.

the MQL developers were too lazy to do the number representation processing

This would have greatly reduced the speed of the calculations.

Integer:
This would greatly reduce the speed of calculations.

No, no.

Let the numbers be stored as they should be by the IEEE.

I'm only talking about functions "wrapping" binary format to make it usable

There are many things in the language that are "wrong", illogical, for example numbering of orders starting with 0.

Of course, I understand that this was easier for language developers to make their internal indexes work properly, but people are not machines, people count starting with 1

transcendreamer:

I understand that it was easier for the language developers to match internal indexes, but people are not machines, people count from 1

Normal people count from zero.

C-4:
Normal people count from zero.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I suppose you would claim to have nine fingers?