For the buyers and customers of Expert Advisors (trading robots), this is dedicated. - page 3

f2011:

Three questions:

- How reliable is the model? Its quality also depends on the quality of the mathematical model programmer and the TOR writer

- what are the advantages of such analysis compared to bot testing? The advantages of testing a robot is that the possibility of practical use of the TS is tested by available MQL opportunities and brokers' software, rather than a purely theoretical model.

- How much does it cost?

Question: - How reliable is the mathematical model? Its quality also depends on the quality of the programmer of the mathematical model and TOR
Answer: - The same way as 2+2=4 is reliable. If you want, within the limits of the rules you can simulate any trading situations - slippage at opening and closing, spread changes, stop of trade at certain hours, etc. There are usually no problems with formalizing the rules written in the ToR. The questions are solved in the dialog mode.

Question: What are the advantages of such an analysis compared to bot testing?
A: - This is a popular question. I answered it several times here already. I will repeat it again.
You are obviously asking this question from a programmer's viewpoint. If you are programming in MQL, it is easier for you, but put yourself in the place of the person who orders the development of a bot. How much time does it take just to agree on the TOR, correspondence, etc.? And how much time does it take the EA to check a large historical interval? You know the answer. And if something is wrong and the programme has to be rewritten? What will he do if the program is written correctly, but the rules do not work? And this is despite the fact that the customer can not do without the services of a programmer!

Not everyone can change the code of the Expert Advisor. And ordering a new program every time is at least long and costly. The finished Mat Model can be rotated like a kaleidoscope, and the analysis results will take seconds, and the analysis results, conclusions, and recommendations will be presented in a much more convenient and clear form, than in the case of the bot.
Bottom line: each tool is good for its task.

Question: How much does it cost?
A: - Frankly speaking, I didn't intend to do complex custom analysis, I just wanted to find like-minded people, discuss the subject, share experience, etc. However, judging by requests and offers, people demand services in the sphere of analysis.
As for the question "how much? - There is no universal figure. It all depends on the size and complexity of the TOR and my workload at the moment. With specific questions and serious suggestions please contact in person. Mail in my profile is.

katerus:

Question: - What are the advantages of this kind of analysis compared to testing a bot?
Answer: - This is a popular question, I have answered it here several times already. I will repeat it again.
Obviously, you are asking this question from a programmer's point of view. If you are programming in MQL, it is easier for you, but put yourself in the place of the person who orders the development of a bot. How much time does it take just to agree on the TOR, correspondence, etc.? And how much time does it take the EA to check a large historical interval? You know the answer. And if something is wrong and the programme has to be rewritten? What will he do if the program is written correctly, but the rules do not work? And this is while the customer cannot do without the services of a programmer!

Not everyone can change the code of the Expert Advisor. And ordering a new program every time is at least long and costly. The finished Mat Model can be rotated like a kaleidoscope, and the analysis results will take seconds, and the analysis results, conclusions, and recommendations will be presented in a much more convenient and clear form, than in the case of the bot.
Bottom line - every tool is good for its task.
Can you give a simple and popular example? For example, crossing by price of MA or MAKD lines (both of these EAs are included in the standard delivery of the terminal). It would be easy to understand what you are talking about.

Dear friends!

I can't answer everyone, otherwise I'll have to do more than work in this forum. I will be grouping questions and answering them if possible.
With specific questions and serious suggestions on the subject, please contact me in person. You can find the email address in my profile.

Part 1.

Judging by your responses and those emails that I received just a day (!) after I had started the topic, I had no idea how big a gap in most traders' perception of methods of information analysis and decision-making from the methods of such analysis used in decent financial structures. This is probably why financial structures make profits on a regular basis, while the "crowd", as one of my opponents put it, makes regular losses. This kind of analysis is a common practice in a serious approach to trading, and I only wanted to bring this experience to the masses.

You can sneer at what I am writing and try to compare this type of analysis with a trading program. Understand that one does not cancel the other! You need an analysis, and the obtained rules can and should be integrated in a trading robot. As I wrote above, the analysis is my part of the overall work. I have always worked in a team. Why? Because it is much more effective than when one person is a "healer and reaper and maker of sticks" - and more effective in any area - in the army, in sports, in work...

Requests to show the amount of my money, my account, as well as "to provide a key to the flat, where the money is kept" will always be ignored.

Because:

First. I consider this information to be personal and confidential.
Secondly. The results of my accounts are my version of the return/risk balance. My regular income is 20-25% per month. Maybe these figures won't impress some, but personally I'm quite happy with them. I myself have tested the rules with which my money works and I am satisfied with the result.
Thirdly. I am an advocate of "portfolio investments". This approach diversifies risks. It gives me more peace of mind.
Fourthly. I don't try to "knock on closed doors", forcibly convince someone that I am right, etc.
Fifthly, I do not ask anybody for money, neither for management, nor in any other way. I don't need it.

Part 2. "The mathematical model

What kind of a thing is a "mathematical model"? A mathematical model should not be understood as a "one size fits all". Your personal mathematical model is individual. It is a set of rules for decision-making specifically by you (!) described in the exact language of numbers and formulas.

When I opened this theme, I thought that the concepts of complex analysis and mathematical model will be close to everyone and clear, but perhaps it is necessary to supplement the main block of my topic by putting some examples, so that people have a clear idea of the subject. I don't promise to do it urgently. It's a lot of work, but I'll do it for sure.

Good luck and profit, everyone!

katerus:
Dmitry,

Don't get me wrong, this topic is not at all in opposition to programmers. I personally do not write trading robots. It is not my bread and butter. But you probably program it? Are you familiar with the MQL programming language? Are you familiar with it? You're right, the Expert Advisor can change the rules, parameters and everything else. But not everyone can change the code of the Expert Advisor. And ordering a new program every time is at least long and costly. A ready-made matrix can be rotated like a kaleidoscope, and the analysis results will be obtained in seconds.

Put yourself in the customer's shoes. How long does it take just to agree the TOR, correspondence, etc.? And how much time will it take for the Advisor to check a large historical interval? You know the answer. And if something is wrong and the programme has to be rewritten? What will he do if the program is written correctly, but the rules do not work? And this is while the customer cannot do without the services of a programmer!

My task is different. Namely, the programmer must provide the client with a clear set of rules, the use of which will give him a given financial result. He has written (for example, with your help) the Expert Advisor and began to work quietly.

I am not 'reinventing the wheel'. In the teams where I have worked and am working, this has always been the case. Everyone does their own thing: programmers do their programming, analysts do their research and checks.

Then how? With a pencil on a piece of paper to check this mathematical model? You are talking about some programs to test the strategy. What program can be better than a specialized one (i.e., strategy tester in the terminal)?

katerus:
Ivan, the model is created in Excel, a well-known and powerful data analysis tool. The program Statistica is used. Special programmes are written for various specific analysis methods. The result is very clear graphs and analyses. The mathematical model thus created can, if necessary, be changed very quickly, corrected and new results obtained.

No way - it's Excel instead of a strategy tester.

1. You will not be able to execute all the required strategy elements in Excel.

2. Excel implies working only on formed bars.

3. By the speed of Excel and Expert Advisors in the tester, they are not worth comparing.

Integer:
No, it's an Excel instead of a strategy tester.
Dimitri, I'm not going to convince you of anything. If you like the strategy tester, use it.
Except that Excel is a powerful tool and much faster and more convenient than the strategy tester.

katerus:
Dimitri, I'm not going to convince you of anything. If you like the strategy tester, use it.
Except that Excel is a powerful tool and much faster and more convenient than the strategy tester.
Yeah, right. Then I'm a ballerina.

Integer:
Uh-huh. Then I'm a ballerina.
:-)))

katerus:
And how do you know that it is much faster?

Integer:

No way - it's Excel instead of a strategy tester.

1. You will not be able to execute all the required strategy elements in Excel.

2. Excel implies working only on formed bars.

3. The performance of the Excel and the Expert Advisors in the tester is not worth comparing.

Any elements, which you can describe in the trading robot, can be executed in Excel.

2. I agree. Except that a person must be plus, for a start, on formed bars,
and if the plus is not obtained, the mathematical model can be changed very quickly. How long will it take you to rewrite the Expert Advisor?
The question is rhetorical. And this is assuming that you are a programmer. And what if you are a client? Do you want to order a new robot?
And how much time will this step take? And how many of these steps until you are satisfied with the end result?

3. It's really not worth comparing performance.
How long does it take to check the performance of an Expert Advisor in the strategy tester over a period of several years?
In Excel, such a check takes a couple of seconds, depending on the computer power.

4. After checking in Excel, you immediately get the data in a format suitable for exporting to other programs
for further, more in-depth analysis.