Do we need to follow the trend? - page 7

mmmoguschiy:
But as we can see, there are also supporters of trends and those who see the global sense in it :)
Big money lies in the trend. It is possible to make small chips, but often, working in both directions. But in this case, working against the trend, greatly increases the risks.

VNIK:
Big money lies in the trend.
come on!!!
maybe we should clarify the trend for what period do you mean?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Emotions in Trading

mmmoguschiy, 2015.02.15 06:59

You say "trading on the news is a way to lose money". There must be a complete lack of risk management in this statement - that is, playing with the maximum lot. But why? If you play with an acceptable lot, let's say a minimum one, the trade becomes no riskier than yours!!! But the profitability may grow many times over! After all, we are not trying to catch the general movement from point A to point B, we are trying to catch all possible oscillations of the price along the way. This is what I strive for.

So in general sitting in a drawdown or trading against the market (even a correction at a moment) for a long time is not good. Why? Let me explain. It's elementary - take the two points given by you - the low point, at which you open in a trend, and the high point of the pullback. Suppose you opened only at these points. Do you think you would profit from the whole move? In fact, only half (not including spreads and commissions). Your profit will start only after the midpoint - the second transaction will cancel out the minus that arose on the first trade. But the saddest thing can happen if the chart reaches a midpoint and breakeven will continue its upward movement) In general, it would be better to either not enter against the pullback, and enter at the high point of the movement (the only problem here is determining this high point) or try to catch both pullback and retracement - as I said before I strive for this!

Experience is good. But everything in our world is relative. The main law of Forex is "Past profitability does not guarantee future profitability"! So you may very well be confronted with certain circumstances (maybe even with the ones I suggested). What will you do about it? Reduce the minimum lot by half and continue to believe in the trend? ))

mmmoguschiy:
come on!!!
I should probably clarify the trend for what period do you mean?

If we approach this question methodically, the trend is one, and everything else is a pullback in relation to this trend or a flat. There cannot be a trend on H12 in one direction, and a trend on H4 in the other direction at the same moment.

But is it possible that your definition of a trend ( price direction ) allows it to move chaotically? ....

VNIK:

If we approach this question methodically, there is only one trend, and everything else is a pullback in relation to this trend or a flat. There cannot be a trend on H12 in one direction and a trend on H4 in the other direction at the same moment.

But is it possible that your definition of a trend ( price direction ) allows it to move chaotically? ....

If you reason like that, then there is no trend in general, take the whole trading history and add it up into one big bar where the price becomes exactly in the middle.

Alexey:
If you reason like that, there is no trend in general, take the whole trading history and add it up into one big bar where the price becomes exactly in the middle.
That's a good point :-D in fact we are standing still :-D

and really - if we move away from anything as far as possible we will get nothing but a point!

VNIK:

Can't be trending on H12 one way and trending on H4 the other way at the same time.

Ever heard of harmonics? I highly recommend it.

mmmoguschiy:
Logic is the science of creation, everything else is derivative.

mmmoguschiy:
I've always liked idle chatter apart from practice: you can prove any nonsense with a warm smile on your face...

VNIK:
I've always liked idle chatter apart from practice: you can prove any nonsense with a warm smile on your face...
which is what you successfully do.

mmmoguschiy:
which you are successfully doing.
Young, hot - that's a compliment, but uninhibited - that comes with experience, don't worry...