Do we need to follow the trend? - page 5

dimeon:

Where do you look at REAL volumes? Do you have a subscription to Bloomberg? I take it you have the large options board in front of you as well? Also, if someone is defending the level, then volatility is just going to be down. It is the high volume of defending orders that will keep quotes from wobbling, Quotes will ideally hit the defended level.

Well, you will not even be told about the exit of a major player from a position on Bloomberg. The time of targeted selling on the exchanges ended a long time ago. If a really big player gets out of position, he won't put an order in for a tangible amount. A big player will rake in liquidity gradually. Otherwise, a part of the positions will be closed at the stated price, another part - at a worse price and further according to the cup. This will cause the price movement in the opposite direction.

Also, how will you track the flow of marques?

The market has no "bulk", only money. The Soros fund entering a position on the Eurodollar, for example, could easily cover the combined position of dozens of brokers as Alpari or FXCM. The recent appreciation of the franc easily proved that.

As I have stated, the definitions are cumulative. Particularly from the Stockbrokers Forum.

The question is: Where do you get it from?
So you mean that the volumes in the MT do not have any meaning?
For example in the case of options, futures may be seen.
As for level protection - I think you may have noticed it is not necessary to "wreck" your level and gain huge volume. Perhaps a large player will inject liquidity gradually as it eats away at the already exhibited volume. Hence we get the large volumes on the level - there is an active struggle for the breakthrough. It depends on who is stronger - the defender or the one who wants to break through this level.
If the large one comes out - yes, probably so!
The bulk of the mass is meant the losing "meat" from which the market feeds itself. Yes there is only money. And as was pointed out by hrenfx the money either flows from pocket to pocket or the market always needs new "meat", otherwise it simply can all come to naught :)

Integer:
Don't you have any thoughts of your own?
My dear man, it appears that you have no thoughts. That is why you write what you write - that is, you are wasting your breath.
If everything is clear to you in this matter - very good for you.
If you have nothing to say, it would be better to pass by and not trash! Who's forcing you?

mmmoguschiy:
You don't seem to have any thoughts, my dear fellow. That is why you write what you write - that is, you're wasting your breath.
If everything is clear to you in this matter, I am very happy for you.
If you have nothing to say, it would be better to pass by and not trash! Who forces you?
What else can you do here but rattle the air? Whatever the topic, whatever the effect. Maybe you don't know how to open a demo account in the terminal? Usually two or three trades in a demo account is enough to understand what is trend following and what is not.

mmmoguschiy:
as I pointed out these definitions are collective. Particularly from the stockbrokers' forum.

Where to get it is a second question.
So you mean that the volumes in MT do not have any meaning?
For example in the case of options, futures may be seen.
As for level protection - I think you may have noticed it is not necessary to "wreck" your level and gain huge volume. Perhaps a large player will inject liquidity gradually as it eats away at the already exhibited volume. Hence we get the large volumes on the level - there is an active struggle for the breakthrough. It depends on who is stronger - the defender or the one who wants to break through this level.
If the large one comes out - yes, most likely, it is!
The bulk of the mass is meant the losing "meat" from which the market feeds itself. Yes there is only money. And as was noted by respected hrenfx the money either wanders from pocket to pocket or the market always needs new "meat", otherwise it simply can come to naught :)
Where did you come from?

Integer:
What else is there to do here but to stir the air? Whatever the topic, such is the effect. Maybe you don't know how to open a demo account in the terminal? Usually two or three trades in a demo account are enough to understand what is following the trend and what is not following it.
so are you a trend follower or not? in the sense that was stated above? whose side are you on? that's the main idea of the topic. Do you also believe that any deviation from the trend is just a pullback and that the resulting drawdown is manna from heaven? That this pullback cannot turn into a reversal?

Integer:
Where did you come from?
what does that have to do with the question?

Integer:
Whatever the topic, whatever the effect.
You're obviously one of those who judge by the wrapper. Plus, you have no manners - poking me from the second message is not an indicator of culture.

mmmoguschiy:
I see you, peasant, won't you stop? © Ivan Vassilyevich

Sometimes it's better to chew than to talk © Stimorol ads
Obama, often takes their advice

To follow it, maybe, but there is no way of defining it.

to follow it, you have to define it.

How are you going to define it? No, it doesn't work that way. You have no technical possibility to determine the trend. Accordingly and to follow it.

Alexey:
Obama, often takes their advice
but Klitschko apparently doesn't. Man, here we go again with the politics... :-D