Ode to martingale - page 6

izzatilla:
Be careful with that phrase:)
which one? and why be careful with it? ))

only in aviation do they fear the word 'last' and say 'extreme' :-D

mmmoguschiy:
which one exactly? and why be careful with it? ))

only in aviation do they fear the word "last" and say "extreme" :-D
Reply via PM or I might get banned.

Close profitable positions faster - hold unprofitable positions longer

IvanIvanov:
Close profitable positions faster - hold unprofitable positions longer
I do not like this. Profits should grow, especially on breakeven trades.

izzatilla:
I don't like it. Profits should grow, especially on breakeven trades.

98% of traders are losing. You could try thinking differently,(98% of decision making or position holding is wrong) you are not in the target audience, you are probably in the other 2%.....

:-) but hang on, if I manage to reverse decision making, your schemes will stop working :-))))

I don't know your trading philosophy, but I do know the tendencies of the "modern learning gurus from stock trading"... man, I could go on and on about the logic chain... But I think it's clear...

By the way, I'm talking about MT4 methods... in MT5 it's a little different due to the general averaging of positions.... there, the losses tend to zero there.... i just started trading with what only mt5 has come to... to summing positions... but before that everyone was so cool... and not many people listened...

Don't forget that there are golden rules, including cut the losing positions and let the profitable ones grow, or the SL must be at least twice as small as the TP. Only not everyone manages to comply with these conditions, which just means that 95 losers still do not use these rules, and you want to change the rules like these.

I think we should first define the rules that are widely used by those 95-98% of traders.

izzatilla:
Don't forget that there are golden rules, including cut the losing positions and let the profitable ones grow, or the SL must be at least twice as small as the TP. Only not everyone manages to comply with these conditions, which just means that 95 losers still do not use these rules, and you want to change the rules like these.
Shouldn't we forget? Do you think 98% of losers suffer from forgetfulness?

izzatilla:
I think we should first define the rules that are widely used by those 95-98% of traders.
:-) Like you can't list them off the top of your head.... :-))) See topicstart...