Ode to martingale - page 5

Regarding my post"Save the deposit and multiply. Save goes first. Outside of trading, the deposit is still at risk. There is always risk. "

Those who aim to save/secure the deposit cannot aim to multiply the deposit, as saving is the opposite direction of risk, which can give profits. So you have to choose either preservation/safety or risk, at the same time you have to consider that preservation/safety itself also includes risk, because there is inflation, crises and many things that the trader is unable to influence. Now let me change my post on the following

You have to take reasonable risks (i.e. speculate), and invest (i.e. make profitable deals that will then generate income every month/year) to ensure that funds do not lose their purchasing power.

Martingale knows how to take big risks:)

IvanIvanov:

1) Trend is our friend - Flat is our friend. :-)

2) Stop should be shorter than Take - Take should be shorter than Stop :-)

6. History repeats itself - Every moment in history is unique.

izzatilla:
Unequivocally!

IvanIvanov:
Definitely!
- ambiguously! )))

I have fallen for martin more than once, but I still use it sometimes even though I realise it's dangerous.

transcendreamer:
- ambiguous! )))

If you read the thread from the beginning, it is clear that there is a search for established formulations about the market and an attempt to formulate them so to speak. "backwards" ... and point

It's been bugging me for a long time, but to be honest I kept passing it by, thanksizzatilla

MIG32:
I have fallen for martin more than once, but I still use it sometimes even though I realise it is dangerous.
What exactly is dangerous?

This hypothesis is not new :) we make an initially losing Expert Advisor and invert the direction of trades? No way! The drawdown will be bigger, if not the same!!! Proven in practice!

Forik is an interesting contraption! That's why I like it. It's in every man's blood - competition. What do you think you're fooling me with, you goddamn forex? Who the hell are you?! I'm gonna tear you up! :-D Well, not today... Maybe tomorrow. Oh, not today. :-D

mmmoguschiy:
This hypothesis is not new :) we make an initially loss-making EA and invert the direction of trades? No way! The drawdown will be bigger, if not the same!!! Proven in practice!

Forik is an interesting contraption! That's why I like it :-D And not only me. It's in every man's blood - competition. What do you think you're fooling me with, you goddamn forex? Who the hell are you?! I'm gonna tear you up! :-D Well, not today... Maybe tomorrow. Oh, not today. :-D
I don't think it's about something else. Oh, not today.

mmmoguschiy:
... Ой и не сегодня.. :-D

IvanIvanov

...oh not today

Be careful with that phrase:)