How to get to the front page of the Market - page 5

Applied to SD -2013.08.24 20:17,#825940- i.e. more than a year ago, with a proposal:

Предлагаю сделать сортировку продуктов в Маркете. Например, есть закладка "Популярные", но что это такое "популярность" - просмотры, скачивания, отзывы, рейтинг? Похоже, ничто из этого. Однако хотелось бы сортировать по любому из указанных показателей. А на вкладке "Платные" напрашивается сортировка по цене.

Responded:

It is possible that with the advent of the mql4 marketplace there will be changes to the interface, but not now

And the application was closed.

If there were sorting, there would be no point in complaining about the incomprehensible way the top was compiled, or even using it.

abolk:

TOPs are necessary and useful. But in the case of Market -- a TOP is absurd, because it is impossible to single out a criterion for comparing products. You can't compare indicators, Expert Advisors, dashboards and scripts. It is even impossible to identify a criterion for comparing two indicators.

If we are going to form the TOP, there should be comparison criteria.

In the case of Market the comparison criteria are hidden and not clear.

If we look at sales and consumer choice in the Market then "human preferences are irrational" in case of the Market is transformed into "human preferences are absurd" - the distinction between intelligent purchases and "judgemental" purchases is so much mixed up.

With every such sale -- the TOP will become more and more inaccessible to normal products -- and Market will eventually become a showcase of super trash, qualitatively filtered and selected.

I agree 100%. But criticizing and showing mistakes is one thing, offering a good variant is more complicated.

Here's an example that shows what Market is like.

Let's say there is a shop on the Market where you can put any product on the market for free. What happens to this shop after a month. All the beggars and homeless people will start rummaging through the rubbish bins, collecting all kinds of junk, some of them will pick up bricks from the rubble, clean them up and hand them over to the shop. And if an ordinary brick sells for 10 kopecks, they will sell it for 1 kopeck. They have nothing to lose, if it sells, it's good, they will get their kopecks.

Market is like that shop. I think that sellers of good products will not agree to have their product standing next to bricks from the ruins.

I am surprised that the site administration, for so many years, has not changed this.

I suggest paying a commission, not after selling a product, but for displaying that product on the marketplace. The seller pays a minimum fee, and plus some percentage of the value of the product.

Whoever pays more will be on the front page. I think that every vendor, after a month, won't pay if their product doesn't sell, they will either take it off the market or reduce the price.

Petros:

I agree 100%. But criticising and showing mistakes is one thing, offering a good option is more difficult.

Here's an example to show what the Market is like.

Let's say there is a shop on the Real, where you can put any product on the market for free. What happens to this shop after a month. All the beggars and homeless people will start rummaging through the rubbish bins, collecting all kinds of junk, some of them will pick up bricks from the rubble, clean them up and hand them over to the shop. And if an ordinary brick sells for 10 kopecks, they will sell it for 1 kopeck. They have nothing to lose, if it sells, it's good, they will get their kopecks.

Market is like that shop. I think that sellers of good products will not agree to have their product standing next to bricks from the ruins.

I am surprised that the site administration, for so many years, has not changed this.

I suggest paying a commission, not after selling a product, but for displaying that product on the marketplace. The seller pays a minimum fee, and plus some percentage of the value of the product.

Whoever pays more will be on the front page. I think that every vendor, after a month will not pay, if your product is not selling, he will either remove it from the market or lower the price.

This was the scheme on pay rou.

The result: only those who are able to pay are shown on the first page and outbid other sellers,

The prices of products start to go up, because those who sell at minimum prices are not able to outbid anyone else.

and in the end the top will be the same ones on the manege.

Vladon:

this was the scheme on pay rou.

Bottom line: only those who are able to pay and outperform some of the other sellers are shown on the first page,

The prices of products start to go up, because those who sell at the lowest prices are not able to outbid anyone else.

and in the end the top will be the same ones on the manege.

We used to live in the USSR. Here many did not want to live like that and chose the market, capitalist economy.

It is the kind of economy that absorbs the weak. The strongest win. Smart and strong people (especially programmers) must live well.

An expensive product that does not justify itself will not stand on top for long.

Petros:

We used to live in the USSR. Many people did not want to live like that and chose the market, capitalist economy.

It is the kind of economy that swallows up the weak. The strongest win. Smart and strong people (especially programmers) must live well.

An expensive product which does not justify itself will not stand on top for long.

That is why the question arose as to how it is formed, by what criteria.

Roughly speaking, what's in "fashion" now doesn't show up at the top because it's too cheap.

Vladon:

This is why the question arose as to how it is formed, according to what criteria.

Roughly speaking, what's "in vogue" right now doesn't show up at the top because it's too cheap.

If everyone wants to buy an expert for 50 dollars and earn tens of thousands, I do too.

Is there such a thing in nature? No, it is against the laws of karma.

Vladon:

This is why the question arose as to how it is formed, according to what criteria.

Roughly speaking, what's "in vogue" right now doesn't show up at the top because it's too cheap.

And what's "trendy" right now in the market?

What is more fashionable now: RSI or Stochastic? Panel or Expert Advisor? Avalanche or Ilan? Slippery or Martingale?

I've looked at the Market's TOP -- there's a product in the TOP for 1800 and a product for 30 -- so your conclusion about the price is incorrect.

Not sure how the TOP is counted, but the price of a product is not the main criterion.

I looked, for example, at your products -- I don't understand what you are selling -- 54 products -- complete chaos -- free and paid, demo and full versions mixed up -- all in one big pile.

Just look at how the top sellers promote their product for the sake of your interest -- everything is clear and understandable.

Yes, not without marketing tricks and even very crude - but nevertheless - it is clear that the sellers are promoting their products and do it actively and not without thinking.

free products - those that you can use for free. The demo versions are to avoid selling a pig in a poke.

There's a demo. There is a free program that I put on the market so it would not get into the codebase.

And the third option - paid versions.

In fashion" meant something that is actively being bought now, not getting into the top if this activity is at a small price level.

Then you need a separate MARKET section where everything is paid for, and another section where things are free, but without open source. those who want to put their products in open source - there is CodeBase

Vladon:
Then you need a separate MARKET section where everything is for a fee, and another section where things are free, but without open source. those who want to put their products in open source - there is a CodeBase

To begin with, you would have had the brains to use what is already implemented on the MC side and given for use:

-- an in-house demo

-- description branch

-- discussion thread

-- personal profile

-- mini blog on my profile

-- blogs

-- alerts.

Yeah with an arsenal like that -- and it's all "balls in the way".

What's the point of a pile of free products if -- 1) you can't see what's for sale behind the free ones -- 2) free stuff can be handed out in compiled form anyway.

Also a complaint, they say:

Vladon:

and really -- there's no clear picture of where to leave a review, not in the marketplace or in the workplace.

-- can't you write a manual yourself and put it in the discussion of the product? or it's forbidden by the rules?

p.s. "oh, this is not an easy job -- pulling the behemoth out of the swamp"