Interesting topic for many: what's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 46

Silent:

Cool, but unrealistic.

MQ won't do it, a single programmer can't get it up.

This is bullshit, I know a couple of people (of those present in this thread) who have picked up similar projects. It all comes down to desire.

Alex_Bondar:

Massive means of creating profitable strategies? You must be aware of the nonsense of this idea.

A mass tool for creating simple strategies? That's what MT is. MQL can hardly be called a RAD interface

Laryx:

Personally, I too think that all these visual constructors - don't have much perspective.

The problem is that they only have advantages when building fairly simple systems. If the software modules are scaled up, cross-referenced and architected - building such modules from WYSIWIG components becomes a very difficult task, often more difficult than writing these modules in regular code.

There correctly noted - "how many of them have sunk into oblivion" - indeed, if WYSIWIG-principle would have a distinct advantage over conventional code - surely already would have stood out stable products that have their constant fans. Alas, as far as I know there are no such products.

Therefore, directing your efforts to create a visual environment does not seem reasonable to me personally.

It all depends on what the real motivation of the creators of such a product is. If it makes under the patronage of any or DC it is only to reduce the entry threshold completely idiots, this editor will be architecturally wooden and non-expandable, such as EA-tree. Naturally it is unsuitable for professional use and interested people immediately generalize this to all visual editors and use it as a pseudo-proof.

For such a tool, you'll need about ten talented progers to work for more than one year. It's a couple of thousand budget (for Russian company). What idiot would then sell it to the public for a couple hundred or so for a license, or publish it for free? This toolkit can be used for testing dozens of ideas per day, increasing heuristic performance by hundreds of times. With such a tool, all known types of TC will be tested in a couple of months and a complete map of the area in the strategy space, which costs a lot of money, will be compiled. This is a completely different level.

TheXpert:

Mass means of creation of profitable strategies? You probably understand the delirium of the idea yourself.

That's what I'm saying, it's massively delusional.

But hybrid visual-text editors are the future.

brown-aleks:
Alex_Bondar:

This topic has been raised a million times before. A sensible trader should oppose such innovations, not only because of their habits, but because if these innovations really lower the entry threshold and improve productivity, it will not bring anything but additional competition pressure. You will have to work harder. Everything massively devalued, so let it be shut down if it makes sense at all.

This is not 3DMAX or Photoshop.

gunia:

these innovations will really lower the entry threshold and improve performance, then it will not give anything other than additional stress with competition

Speaking of performance, all visual designers tend not to shine with performance, which will severely reduce optimization capabilities even on genetic algorithm (full brute force is probably out of the question).

Генетические алгоритмы - это просто!
Генетические алгоритмы - это просто!
  • Andrey Dik
  • www.mql5.com
В статье автор расскажет об эволюционных вычислениях с использованием генетического алгоритма собственной реализации. Будет показано на примерах функционирование алгоритма, даны практические рекомендации по его использованию.

papaklass:
Can you give me an example? https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/13114/page44#comment_568500
Ask someone who has understood.

hrenfx:
Ask someone who has understood.
Homework check ? :)

I checked the correspondence of deals in the MT5 tester and on the real account. The correspondence was complete, the deals in the tester and in the real one were identical. You have to know how to use any tool.

FoxRex:
I checked the correspondence of deals in the MT5 tester and on the real account. The correspondence was complete, the deals in the tester and in the real one were identical. You have to know how to use any tool.
Teach me, eh?

MetaDriver:
Научи, а ?

Forget about ticks, trade exclusively on the daily and the trades in the tester and on the real will be practically the same.

The biggest difference will be there, where it should be - in high-frequency tick trading, when people are chasing after two or three points of a deal...

The problem is that in this kind of trading it is a dream of any brokerage company - there are a lot of trades, each one has a spread (even a minuscule one) and that's not a tidy sum in one day. I have a suspicion that most forum users that argue fortick history are brokerage companies employees. And I am sure that soon all brokerage companies will offer tick history, and advertise high-frequency trading, not even "intraday", but "intrahour", and even "intraminuta". I do not think ticks are important for most of successful traders. Am I wrong ?

Алгоритм генерации тиков в тестере стратегий терминала MetaTrader 5
Алгоритм генерации тиков в тестере стратегий терминала MetaTrader 5
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
MetaTrader 5 позволяет во встроенном тестере стратегий моделировать автоматическую торговлю с помощью экспертов на языке MQL5. Такое моделирование называется тестированием экспертов, и может проводиться с использованием многопоточной оптимизации и одновременно по множеству инструментов. Для проведения тщательного тестирования требуется генерировать тики на основе имеющейся минутной истории. В статье дается подробное описание алгоритма, по которому генерируются тики для исторического тестирования в клиентском терминале MetaTrader 5.