Interesting topic for many: what's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 38

Renat:

Who are you trying to fool?

The question posed by.... serious. Yeah.

I didn't mean to deceive anyone. The reasoning is quite transparent, no twists and turns. Just facts (verifiable) and logic.

// I use a tester, by the way. And an optimizer. Sometimes with the cloud.

Any thoughts on the substance?

sion:
It is not clear how ticks of Ask history will be generated, or should there just be an additional parameter Low_Ask?

If you write Ask OHLC and Bid OHLC separately, then according to the same tick generation scheme, i.e. in fact nothing will change except for 1 point movement on dead bars of a calm market.

From my observations, the rapid market is modelled more accurately than the dull bars of the flat.

Essentially explained a hundred times.

Renat:

Do you realise that it is up to the broker to fill in the historical data and there is no way we can even promote the idea that "if you don't have yours, take ours from the demo, it takes seconds"?

Renat, but you have stated that "the entire history is built from minutes". And that's not the case.

Urain:

Renat...

But we have our own sandbox here and our own machines :)

PS I' d rather you announce when the MT4 beta is coming? Don't get distracted by tics.

Urain:

Renat...

But we have our own sandbox here and our own machines :)

PS I'd rather you announce when the MT4 beta is coming? Don't get distracted by tics.

Yes, we are. We are waiting for the beta.

Contender:
Renat, but you said that "the whole story is made up of minutes". And that's not true.
Do you have proof? Give me the exact proof, please.

Renat:
Is there any proof? Give me the exact proof, please.
What's wrong with that link, where the diaries on M30 are present?

Urain:

If you write Ask OHLC and Bid OHLC separately, then by the same tick generation scheme, i.e. in fact nothing will change except for 1 point movement on dead bars of a calm market.

According to my observations, the fast market is modelled more accurately than the rotten flat quotes.

you can simply remember 2 spreads per 1 bar. One on hai, the other on loi))

Contender:
What's wrong with the link where the daily chart on M30 is present?

That is, there is no proof. Nor is there any understanding of the history mechanisms in MT5.

Please ask your broker to provide you with a proper minute-by-minute history.