Interesting topic for many: what's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 37

4xcobra:

Completely agree with hrenfx that HighBid and LowAsk are essential for proper testing (especially of scalping systems)

HighBid is there.

Renat:

What are the history limitations when there is a detailed minute history of spreads over a dozen years in MT5?

What kind of fairy tales are you telling? Are you deceiving yourself as well or are you just playing for the public in support of the general trend?

There is a "detailed minute story" where hourly, daily and other bars "fly by" :)

Urain:

I'm pretty much the same thing, it's a shame about the developers of MQ, they tried, but it turns out that way :(

maybe the way we use the tester was in their plans? )

ZS: maybe do a poll to see how often uses the tester, but I have a problem with the right question and answer options

Hourly and other bars are based on information from the minutes. Therefore the maximum error is the spread changes within the minute.

Race a visual tester in MT5, rather than the banal "ticks are better because ticks are better" erudition.

Renat:

Hourly and other bars are based on information from the minutes. Therefore the maximum error is the spread changes within the minute.

Race a visual tester in MT5, rather than the banal "ticks are better because ticks are better" erudition.

Renat, please comment on this post https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/13114/page35#comment_567694

Renat:

What are the history limitations when there is a detailed minute history of spreads over a dozen years in MT5?

What kind of fairy tales are you telling? Are you cheating yourself, or are you just playing for the public in support of the general trend?

The inability to use the custom history (hst files) . It's more important to me to have Low_Ask. Or the whole Ask story.

I'm not telling any fairy tales, I'm not cheating myself, I'm not playing for the public, I'm just describing my little algo-experience. And the general trend is most likely on your side.

Renat:

Hourly and other bars are based on information from the minutes. Therefore the maximum error is spread changes within a minute.

You should run a visual tester in MT5, not exercise in trivial erudition "ticks are better because ticks are better".

Renat, I've already said above, wrote an indicator, tested it, analysed it...

Ticks are really better because inside M1 bar spread draws certain patterns, and they are more stable than patterns on M1 and above (because of market fractality),

The higher the TF, the greater the diversity of the patterns (the body only has 4 protein atoms HOCN, but what a diversity they create).

But the tics are very different depending on the dilling (for sure their internal filters play a role).

So, we know your position for a long time, when you decide to introduce tick history, we will join the discussion.

But we have our own sandbox and our own machines :)

PS: better to announce when the MT4 beta will be released? don`t get distracted by all sorts of ticks.

It is not clear how the ticks of the asc history will be generated, or should there just be an additional parameter Low_Ask?

Urain:

But we have our own sandpit and our own cars :)

but it's all on the landlord's yard and he doesn't like it )

Contender:
Renat, please comment on this post https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/13114/page35#comment_567694

What's there to comment on when it clearly says that the brokerage company's server is so-and-so?

Do you realise that it is the broker himself who fills in the historical data and there is no way we can even promote the idea that "if you don't have your own, take ours from the demo, it takes seconds"?