mt5/mt4? - page 6

Renat:

Check out this article: MetaTrader 5 - More Than You Can Imagine!

The future is clearly in MetaTrader 5.

The biggest forex broker FXCM doesn't even mention MT5 anywhere on its website:

http://www.fxcm.com/products-services/metatrader-4/

Although I remember you said that they bought the MT5 licence. But where is the offer of this platform, or at least a hint that it will be offered in the future? In the meantime they started offering TradeStation and NinjaTrader.

http://www.fxcm.com/products-services/specialty-platforms/ninjatrader/free-software/

NinjaTRader is also offered by one of the largest brokers in the US, TDAmeritrade.

gpwr:

I was wrong in what I said. I meant the number of calculated values (steps) of the input parameters.

Well, there's a limit there too, but should definitely be enough in most cases. )) In general, all limitations are described in the Help:

Limitations of optimisable parameters

There are some restrictions on the parameters that can be optimized:

• You cannot optimize parameters that have the "string" type;
  • When optimizing parameters that are enums, you can not specify the enumeration step. You can only specify a range of enum values (e.g., 1 to 5). At that, the initial value can be larger than the final one. For example, if you specify a range of 8 to 2 in the enumeration with 10 values, values 8, 9, 10, 1 and 2 will participate in optimization;
  • The maximum number of parameters to be optimised is 1024;
  • The maximum number of steps per parameter must not exceed 2,147,483,647 (int max);
  • The total number of steps may not exceed an integer 1024-bit number;
  • If the total number of optimization steps exceeds 1 000 000 in a 32-bit system or 100 000 000 in a 64-bit system, the genetic optimization mode is automatically activated.

Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Типы данных / Целые типы / Типы char, short, int и long
Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Типы данных / Целые типы / Типы char, short, int и long
  • www.mql5.com
Основы языка / Типы данных / Целые типы / Типы char, short, int и long - Документация по MQL5

Let me tell you a secret, brokers are very far from technology and are not revolutionaries. They don't take risks and come on ready-made. The same FXCM only came in when the share of MT4 was huge.

So it will be with MT5.

EvMir:

The quotes archive can be saved as *.csv from menu File/Save(Ctrl+S) ...

Great! Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. I never would have thought that "save" in the main menu means like in 4 to load a quote. Both options load exactly one year of minute bars, just like I needed. There is no difference. I got a 45 mb file.

Renat:
Let me tell you a secret, brokers are very far from technology and are not revolutionaries. They don't take risks and come on ready-made. The same FXCM came only when MT4 share was huge.

It will be the same with MT5.

Perfect! But I still should return the custom quotes to the tester)). I really want you to change the market again, because according to ratings the crappy like ninja is starting to step on their toes( This is not good, the rating of the software is more inertial than forex prices and brokerage companies prefer poor software, with its own Rumus-like language, so that users were dependent on the platform and brokerage companies like a junkie on the dose.will drop and the DCs will be happy to promote the plum software. So please try to raise the rating of 5. I am betting on you!

Alex_Bondar: ...all sorts of lame-o stuff like ninjas...
That ninja is lame?! Who told you that?

Mathemat:
Ninja is lame! Who told you that?

I have not really understood Nizza, I just took a quick look at its web-site, but I respect its C# content, while the absence of Russian documentation and the team's support is a huge fail)))).

I had a cursory glance at the site, but the lack of documentation and the lack of kernel documentation is a big fiasco)).

Mathemat:
It's ninjas that's lame?! Who told you that?

I can vouch for that.

Mathemat:
It's ninjas that are lame?! Who told you that?

It is more of a crutch.

The future only lies in deeply integrated with direct trading server solutions. And life shows how third-party analytics systems are dying.

Roughly speaking, all appliances will merge into competition with pure native systems that provide complete and secure automation available for distribution. So those who, in a rush to save money, rush to make C#/Java/(other direct dangerous) interfaces, will.

Programmers who don't understand the market, rush to C#/java/other, think they are geniuses (we found more effective way, others are lame!), encounter a complete lack of understanding of the market (how come, we offer complete freedom!), and then reap the benefits of living below the basement. They need a couple of years of pure programming to get the gist, and then die from an understandable investor question.

This is a death zone, gentlemen. It's where cheap recipes kill the naive and thrifty. Appreciate our way - 4 generations of our own MQL languages, which at the end reached compilation in 32/64 systems, secure execution and license control.

Renat:

Programmers, who do not understand the market, rush into C#/java/other, consider themselves geniuses (we found a more efficient way, others are suckers!), face complete misunderstanding of the market (how come, we offer complete freedom!), and then reap the benefits of life below the plinth. They need a couple of years of pure programming to get the gist of it, and then die from an understandable investor question.

A year and a half ago a respected member of the mql4-community was paying attention to ninja. Looked at their forum(or rather, here; not sure where it was now).

The impression is that most are only guided by standard templates. As soon as you have to step somewhere sideways - immediately problems of misunderstanding. And the support there is weak: they don't really know what to do and just refer to the documentation.

Prices for coders' services are about an order of magnitude higher than here. And it is doubtful that even among them there are many who can correctly, competently implement the idea.

But it was so a year and a half ago. Now I don't know what it is.

Futures Broker | NinjaTrader with Zen-Fire | Online Trading Futures Broker | Mirus Futures
  • www.mirusfutures.com
Remove the internet from your trading equation and run your system remotely in a colocated environment. Located behind the firewall, Mirus colocated Virtual Machines' ultra-low latency order routing connects to the exchange in less than 1 millisecond. MANAGED FUTURES - A FIT FOR YOU? The introduction of managed futures to an investment...

NinjaTrader is a hell of a design tool, made by people who have no idea what design is.

Its coherence and usability is like the moon to MetaTrader 5. I don't even have to talk about functionality and performance.