Service Work: Towards re-shaping the Top Developers towards professionalism - page 3

FAQ:
Sometimes, and I know from personal experience, behind the sign "two parabolic" there is so much trouble... It's a pain in the ass.
Yeah. A parabolic is not the same as a parabolic in this respect. You may draw 50 000 lines of code. )))

FAQ: Sometimes, and I know from personal experience, behind the sign "two parabolic" there is so much trouble... I don't know about that.
Yeah, I agree, but it's also an art and an experience to get a clear T.O. from the customer.

abolk:
There is an approach: "Expert judgement".

fitting

well, they don't believe you, they don't))

a top as a top, any complicated algorithm will only burden the customer

IgorM:
Yeah, I agree a hundred percent, but it is also an experience and an art to get a clear TOR from the client.
In any case, it is work, additional or main, but it has to be paid, so it makes sense to look at the end result, not the stated amount.

IgorM:
Yeah, I agree a hundred percent, but it is also an experience and an art to get a clear TOR out of a customer.
Maybe we should create a new specialty. To-do's. Why not? And when one programmer is responsible for everything, it's probably difficult. While they are defining the ToR (customer and executor), they will get tired of each other so that they will no longer want to work. )))

FAQ:
In any case, it is work, additional or main, but it must be paid. so it makes sense to look at the end result, not the stated amount.

The final result is the reappeal of the customer to the same developer - here you can rate an additional plus, but to avoid cheating need a minimum order price, and then $ 1 customers will run up, say a repeat order of $ 30-50 from one customer

It must be hardto do so. While they will determine the TOR (customer and contractor), each other so tired that they do not want to work further. )))
It is so, it is very hard to be a paid developer - not how much code to write, but how much to listen to the customer, and repeatedly more than once, you need patience here

FAQ:
Renat, my question is off-topic. We are discussing here on the fourth forum Win8, in the light of this publication: Windows RT through the eyes of a developer I wanted to ask (ask), and how is the company's transition to RT platform? Your predictions, opinion?
No way. The current terminal does not correspond with RT. But it will work fine on desktop.

tol64:
Perhaps a new specialty should be introduced. TK development. Why not? Because when one programmer has to do everything, it is probably difficult. While they are defining the ToR (customer and executor), they will get tired of each other so that they will no longer want to work. )))
There is a specialty called "technical writer" - a person who translates the "wants" of the customer into language understandable to the developer.

Alextp:
There is a speciality called "technical writer" - a person who translates the customer's "wants" into language that the developer understands.
Don't humiliate us by saying that we are not human beings. We can manage on our own :))

And where does the notion that ranking distribution - has any bearing on the customer's decision-making?

I, for example, don't care about the ranking at the muzzle....

I had to order through guys from both the top ten and the last, no complaints about the quality!

The market determines the price.... It is the law of society as a whole... Dumping in order to monopolize the market and then jacking up prices is really not a good thing...

And what is the purpose of "dumping" - here -....

I have only one guess, gaining good performer status -....

Status depends on the number of high quality jobs done...

Everyone pays their own price...

You could look in the direction of regular customers. For that you need after-sales service, not an ambassador to fuck off, I did the job....

I prefer to work with people I've already worked with and with whom I have an understanding...

No one has ever cancelled the quality of after-sales service... there are always nuances... that can beat the competition... quality of communication and professionalism is not the least of it

Maybe you can enter the criterion "Number of orders from one customer" - I think it can significantly affect the redistribution of the rating..... :-)