Service Work: Towards re-shaping the Top Developers towards professionalism - page 4

TheXpert:
No way. The current terminal doesn't work at all with RT. The desktop will work fine.
Read carefully, especially about VINAPI going down the drain.

FAQ:
Read carefully, especially about WinAPI that's gone down the drain.

What am I supposed to read :) I have to design for it. I've already got a feel for it in places with my hands.

WinAPI is missing only in RT. All is well in dextop mode.

tol64:
Perhaps it is necessary to introduce a new specialty. Development of TK. Why not? And when one programmer is responsible for everything, it must be rather difficult. While they are defining the ToR (customer and executor), they will get tired of each other so that they will no longer want to work. )))

It was suggested a long time ago, but that has faded into oblivion... but there are nuances here as well...

Then the developer of the terms of reference will have to clearly define the performers for whom he will prepare a requirement ...

And then think you make a person the job under the order, he will give it to the programmer, and he well say - not in the mood ....

Whose fault - of course the one who wrote the terms of reference :-)

The number of appeals to arbitration will grow at times....

And maybe that is the solution... But something you read and begin to believe that there really are customers beasts and do not want to mess with them ... I'll write my terms of reference in peace and quietly communicate with contractors myself...

TheXpert:

What am I supposed to read :) I have to design for it. I've already got a feel for it in places with my hands.

WinAPI is missing only in RT. And in dextop mode everything is OK.

Oh, I've got a feeling I'll have to get acquainted with it.

FAQ:
Don't humiliate us by saying that we are not human beings. We can manage on our own :))

It's not a stone in your own backyard either! :) The success of communication here depends on both the customer and the developer!

I also thought I was good at writing TOR, but I'm not always good at it...

IvanIvanov:

It was suggested a long time ago, but that has faded into oblivion... but there are nuances

What do you mean by vanish? There is such a moderator Sergeev, who has offered to perform this function more than once for a modest fee.

TheXpert:
What do you mean "in the summer"? There is such a moderator Sergeev, who has offered to perform this function more than once for a modest fee.

Well, if someone were to place an order for writing the terms of reference through a job, I would consider this option.

It seems to me, for now, some feel the talent of writing their own terms of reference, while others are afraid to reveal the grail ...

Talented they will certainly become after the second dozen orders, the second half of the year it will become clear that this is not a grail at all ... but what nerve and time it would take... which could be used to test a new idea, for example...

Probably worth thinking about an additional link in the process, the creation of terms of reference, you can add in the same orders as a separate line item Work costsХ + Create TOR costsY

On the one hand this will raise the cost of the order as a whole, on the other hand, some programmers can combine these functions

But from personal experience, I have to write a ToR can take up to 16 working hours, and then there is a lark, chentchatu or incompletely prescribe, and the code is ready in 5 hours or less.

I have a different approach to the matter, if I forget something and see frustration at the other end of the communication, I order modernization as a separate order.

As a result the real cost of finished order rises well over $10.

I go for it deliberately, phased execution of works, all the nuances are difficult to consider, sometimes programmers are not very knowledgeable in trading terminology, they identify for example a pending order and open position in one unit, for them it is the same thing :-) It took me two days to figure out what's going on....

Ордерa, позиции и сделки в MetaTrader 5
Ордерa, позиции и сделки в MetaTrader 5
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
Надежный торговый робот не может быть создан без понимания механизмов работы торговой системы MetaTrader 5. Клиентский терминал получает от торгового сервера информацию о позициях, ордерах и сделках. Чтобы правильно обработать эти данные средствами MQL5 необходимо хорошо представлять как происходит взаимодействие mql5-программы и среды исполнения терминала.

FAQ:
Renat, this is not a relevant question. Here on the fourth forum we discuss "Win8", in the light of the publication " Windows RT through the eyes of a developer" I would like to ask (ask), and how is the transition to the RT platform going for the company?

We won't do anything under RT yet.

At most Win8 market will live by the rules of the usual Windows compatible market, where everything works well for us.

FAQ:
Hm, I feel pretty good without it... ;)
Suggestion to the developers. Introduce in the interface settings of the Profile the option: "Don't show my nickname in the 'Developers' list". Then everyone will be able to remove themselves from the Jobs service.

Writing an algorithm is really a separate job, and often takes longer than writing code. Moreover, sometimes it is simply impossible to adequately estimate the cost of programming until the algorithm is ready.

But to talk about paying for this stage of development separately from the entire project is rare - the customer is not willing to pay "just for the text," and of the line of dumping performers there will always be someone who will compose the job "for nothing", write an EA for $10, and then spend another six months fixing bugs for free.

So for now, we should talk about writing a paid task only if there is a large order (no queue of requests for $10), and the client understands what he deals with. I was lucky enough to get such an order only once. And it is not clear whether it would have happened exactly like that, if I was not so busy at that moment and did not answer that "making the algorithm will cost money".

And the topic is really futile. TOP is for the occasional one-time customer, the rest will take care of themselves.