Repetitive patterns and other patterns - page 22

FAQ:

Take any conventional pivot indicator and set targets slightly below resistance/support levels :

And if it goes down another 3 figures without a pullback, will you get greedy?

Heroix

what's wrong with a pivot if it works

St.Vitaliy:

And if it comes down another three figures without backsliding, won't the toad crush it?

Heroix

What's wrong with a piece if it's random?

No, the target is fulfilled, in such cases I usually use partial closing. It may happen not so often that it goes one or two figures higher and that means something is wrong.

FAQ:

Take any conventional pivot indicator and set targets slightly below resistance/support levels :

This indicator you are showing, where can I find it?

gpwr:
This indicator you show, where can I find it?
I can send it to you on the quad, for your personal use.

FAQ:
I can send it to you on a quad for your personal use.
Thank you. Send it in.

gpwr:
Thank you. Send it in.
knock on the door.

FAQ:
No, the target is reached and I usually use partial closing in such cases. It does not happen so often that the price goes one or two figures higher and it means that something is wrong.

I'm not arguing, just speculating. Statistically you have to look at what is more profitable.

I first test with a trailing trade, then I add a take in the average profit zone of 30% of the best trades. Then the profit is high and the capital is released faster.

St.Vitaliy:

And if it comes down another three figures without backsliding, won't the toad crush it?

Heroix

What's wrong with a piece if it's random?

You can do it with mashki. But it's not exactly the random. Random in the sense that it is impossible to predict the direction. There are limiters and stopers for that. The trick is not to miss the moment.

Heroix:
You may also use wagons. But it is not exactly random. I will not try to "predict" a market direction. There are limiters and stops. The trick is not to miss the moment.

I was struggling with myself as well, I kept looking at different movements, which was so great to earn money here.

But then I saw that I had earned my quarterly salary in two weeks and thought "fuck the moment".

You need to look at the account statements and add filters, signals, markets just to make the account grow better. And not because the movements are nice and I have not tried to make money on them.

St.Vitaliy:

I was struggling with myself as well, I kept looking at different movements, which was so cool to earn money here.

But then I saw that I had earned my quarterly salary in two weeks and thought "fuck the moment".

You need to look at the account statements and add filters, signals, markets just to make the account grow better. Not because the movements are beautiful and I haven't tried to make money on them.

The problem I constantly face is lack of trades. I start with a strategy, let's say a breakthrough of some range. My account grows but I make a lot of losing trades. I start adding filters (like trading by trend, etc.) and very few trades remain, but with high percentage of profitable ones (I optimize recovery factor instead of balance). Apparently the strategy wasn't very successful from the start and I adjusted it to what I like. Or that's just the way life is.