Interesting and Humour - page 4212

Andrei:
and you make a list of what you blindly believe without proper verification - these are the same obsessions - idols to worship...

on the contrary - I'm constantly doubting - even questioning my doubts

transcendreamer:

Many believers behave as if it is not the duty of dogmatists to prove generally accepted postulates, but rather the duty of sceptics to disprove them.

What is this all about?)

transcendreamer:

On the contrary - I am constantly doubting - even questioning my doubts

doubting is not enough to find out the truth, you have to test the truth in practice....

Andrei:

What's this all about?))

I'm sure you already understand the absurdity of the situation you're in

Andrei:

doubting is not enough to find out the truth, you have to test the truth in practice....

I couldn't agree more.

transcendreamer:

I'm sure you already understand the absurdity of the situation you are in

I don't understand... how do you see the absurdity?

transcendreamer:

It's impossible not to agree with that

have you managed to verify any truths in your life, if it is not a secret?

Andrei:
I don't understand... what do you see as absurd?
The absurdity is that the assertor is asking to prove someone who questions his assertion. And he does so in practice, knowing full well that this is impossible. That, pardon me, is outright trolling and an attempt to avoid "responsibility" for one's own statements.

ILNUR777:
The absurdity is that the assertor is asking to prove someone who questions his assertion.

What assertion is it that the assertor is asking to prove by questioning it?

Dogmatic religious "truths" are not objectively validated

unlike truths of practice: roughly speaking, descriptions of practice say "do this and that" to get/approach a certain state

and people do that and get concrete tangible results of their personal experience

and they can report their experiences so they can compile statistics of best practices

that is impossible for dogmatic religious "truths" (which, more correctly, are called fiction).

of course, both religions and mental/psychological/yogical practices operate with a person's inner state, so we can say that all of this is very subjective

but there is a big difference: if in yoga and OS there are convincing practical results, in religion there are no such results, but only idle speculations about god (Russell's Kettle).

But if you do regularly even the basic asanas from hatha yoga, then after a short time you may notice improvements in physical well-being and functioning of subsystems of the body

the same with meditation, OSD, OVD and other practices (if you do it honestly and conscientiously)

how can dogmatic religion answer? - nothing but general speculation - no real benefit

why do people believe in this religious dogma? - simply because people are lazy and want a shortcut - they don't want to practice and they want the benefits for nothing

in a sense, religion is the choice of weak and lazy people

there can be no perfection without care and diligence